Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

updates

jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
?(is that it for the updates today?
Post edited by jatoda (US1) on

Comments

• Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 05.03.2014
    Probably, yes. Are you missing something? The gourmet farm will not get updated until around the end of March and that is when everything goes according to plan :)
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 05.03.2014
    not missing anything, but read in the forum where the time had been changed to 1p.m. to 3p.m. I guess they didn't change it after all. thanks for responding so quickly
    edited 05.03.2014
    jatoda wrote: »
    not missing anything, but read in the forum where the time had been changed to 1p.m. to 3p.m. I guess they didn't change it after all. thanks for responding so quickly

Ah, yes.
    I did see, according to my clock, that they were late updating. The game was still under maintenance when I tried to log in 15 minutes past 3. So I indeed guess that was the update and it is done for today ^^
    edited 05.03.2014
    what clock do they go by? what is CET time? I am central standard time in the US. so thought it meant this afternoon. it is 9:30 a. m. here now
  • DG312DG312 Posts: 28
    edited 05.03.2014
    CET is Central European Time, one hour ahead of GMT so (I think) seven hours ahead of US Central Time
  • Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 05.03.2014
    They are headquartered in Germany...Central European Time :)
    edited 05.03.2014
    thanks it is 9:30 a.m. here now. I will know what they mean now, when writing my co op about changes.
  • Blessedone3 (US1)Blessedone3 (US1) Posts: 32
    edited 05.03.2014
    So there's no update today for gourmet farm?
    edited 05.03.2014
    No, gourmet farm will take a while still (i.e. couple of weeks).

And yes, GMT (or UTC) +1 is 7 hours later than USA Central time. 6 hours from USA Eastern time and 9 hours from USA Western time ^^ I am in the Netherlands, which is the same time zone as Germany is in :) It is now almost 16:45 (or 4:45 PM) here.
  • Blessedone3 (US1)Blessedone3 (US1) Posts: 32
    edited 05.03.2014
    Ok thank you :)
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 05.03.2014
    jatoda wrote: »
    what clock do they go by? what is CET time?

So you'll always know what time it is at GGS, here's the World Clock page for Hamburg (CET).

You may want to keep a close eye on that for the next few weeks if missions are important to you, because US Daylight Time starts on March 9 but European Summer Time doesn't start until March 30. It's the same in fall; European Summer Time ends a week before US Daylight Time.
    edited 05.03.2014
    Oh and if you want an easy way to know the time, you can set an extra clock on your computer. See the clock bottom right of your screen? Click to open its settings and click on a tab that says something like extra clocks. You can set a maximum of 2 extra clocks. There you can set a clock for the GMT+1 time zone. Give it a name of which you think is the easiest to remember what it was for, for example GGS time or time Hamburg or Big Farm time. When you are done and hover your mouse over your clock bottom right, the second clock will pop up and you can see what time it is in Hamburg in one movement of the mouse, whenever you want ^^

Edit: Explanation above is for Windows - any other operating system may have the ability to do something similar - but you will have to look that up yourself ^^
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 05.03.2014
    Whether you can do that and how is going to be OS/desktop environment-specific. But, hah! I finally figured out how to do something similar on Ubuntu with MATE! I still have to click to see and dismiss it — mouseover does nothing for me here — but at least I have it. :)
    edited 05.03.2014
    montuos wrote: »
    Whether you can do that and how is going to be OS/desktop environment-specific. But, hah! I finally figured out how to do something similar on Ubuntu with MATE! I still have to click to see and dismiss it — mouseover does nothing for me here — but at least I have it. :)

Oh, right - I was speaking about Windows computers :P Forgot there were so many more types of operating systems :P Initial post edited ^^
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 05.03.2014
    Thank you Larino for updating us on the anticipated time frame for the gourmet farm updates.. A lot of my teammates were wondering, at least I can give them a response other than "SOON"

Thanks again!! :)

Larino- May I make a suggestion?? Maybe post the anticipated start time in the announcements section.. Alot of people looked for this info, and could not find it here.. within this thread.

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • kavi61 (IN1)kavi61 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 46
    edited 05.03.2014
    hey, so can anyone please tell me,what has changed exactly? other than the paper article we get when we login
    edited 05.03.2014
    chicaa wrote: »
    Larino- May I make a suggestion?? Maybe post the anticipated start time in the announcements section.. Alot of people looked for this info, and could not find it here.. within this thread.

If I could, I would. Only CMs (and mods?) are allowed to post in the official announcements forum. I also found out about the latest info by chance, because Steffi (Nafaru) was so kind to repeat it in a thread that I did read rather than one that I did not :P Namely here: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?100690-What-happened-to-the-fourth-farm&p=1140509&viewfull=1#post1140509
    kavi612 wrote: »
    hey, so can anyone please tell me,what has changed exactly? other than the paper article we get when we login

We got a new prime day - the offer of a decoration more often and a new car will be visiting us in the future, with more deals on gold to dollar transaction and other product deals. You can read all that changed here: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?100528-Update-March-5th-The-Bazaar&p=1138572&viewfull=1#post1138572
  • kavi61 (IN1)kavi61 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 46
    edited 05.03.2014
    thanks for the quick reply. i didn't recognize that dollars and xp prime day as a new one. i was waiting for that car after the maintenance though.
    thanx :)
    edited 05.03.2014
    kavi612 wrote: »
    thanks for the quick reply. i didn't recognize that dollars and xp prime day as a new one. i was waiting for that car after the maintenance though.
    thanx :)

Well, it is not exactly a new one, it was there before, but they changed it and made it level dependent :) We also got this prime sale now (not running yet), which I think is a prime day or maybe prime time :) The car may take a while before it visits - they only implemented the possibility of these events happening, not them happening instantly. Same as with the Hawaiian event last time when it was introduced. It did not start immediately after the update, while everybody was waiting for it :)
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 05.03.2014
    Thanks Larino. After hunting around, I did find their responses. I made a mistake by asking you, my apologies. But thank you again, for posting it, its much appreciated!! :)
    edited 06.03.2014
    set my clock to Berlin time thanks it says good game CET and is 7 hours ahead of mine. thank you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file