Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 25th - Pretty mysterious! - Discussion

Comments

• Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 26.02.2014
    Alex_mosu wrote: »
    that's a very good question :)

or maybe these products will remain, in the future Restaurant?

i wish latten would reply to this question at least.
    is restaurant feature completely removed now?!
    and bakery and dairy and restaurant all gonna become same 1 building?
    and if that is true does this mean you planning to do same with flower farm after too? and remove shop feature and parallel processes?
    and honestly whats the point of new composter and new silo with same products, i just dont get it.

and p.s. if all im guessing is true, then why just not double the size of main farm and add the 1 different building(restaurant/bakery/dairy) that way you could just add new feeds to main mill, and change silo and composter, instead of implementing the same thing as main farm again.
    it just simply wont be a restaurant anymore, itll be like second main farm. from what i see:

we be selling duck eggs + chicken eggs, and goat milk + cow milk, and donkeys are probably same as pigs dung makers only? and if almonds and peaches gonna produce fallen leaves then they just could be added to mf too maybe?! (like shrinking all mf buildings to half and adding these buildings to mf with configuring main farm mill and silo and composter instead(of making new mill, silo, composter with same purpose) so that it be fair to those who bought more expensive lands in mf too? (the money spend on land on gourmet could be repaid same as how its gonna be repaid for buildings anyway))

and one last thing: what's gonna happen to quest achievement? all quests on gourmet will be deducted from everyone or old players can easily do new quests while new players lose the opportunity to do old quests anymore?
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 26.02.2014
    I'll go through all the questions in here as soon as possible, I promise :) Right now though, the login issues for a lot of players demand my attention, I hope you understand.
  • Farm KrazyFarm Krazy Posts: 1
    edited 26.02.2014
    I don't like it. More eggs and feed. The most repetitive part of the game. The Gourmet and Flower Farms were a nice change from the grind of the main farm. I was hoping it would be a better restaurant, more dishes, higher level to the dairy. I don't want the same boring part of the main farm repeated through the other farms.
  • janri (GB1)janri (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2
    edited 26.02.2014
    I think this change will spell the end of Big Farm for me. It's been boring enough for a long while...

Why, oh why, when I thought I'd finished my gourmet farm would I want to rebuild it? You're going to allow me a week of quicker building time? How generous. That will be a week that I can't build anything else!

I shall stay until the end of the current event, just to see if I can finish it on the hardest level, though it's proving pretty easy so far, then I'll be looking for a fresh way to waste my time. Any ideas anyone?
  • bhakti2bhakti2 Posts: 18
    edited 26.02.2014
    please latten solve the login issues as soon as u can. as the fairy tale task is going on. we will be facing problems to complete the task.
    please
    edited 26.02.2014
    for those who keep getting green screen with no load, i suggest clear cache and everything, then reset your modem/connection, and laptop/pc, and then login via forum first and then load the game. it got fixed that way for me :l
    edited 26.02.2014
    not able to log in with this also
  • walkingtalwalkingtal Posts: 8
    edited 26.02.2014
    It would be nice to place a link in the forums about the new stuff, for those that can not log in can at least read it

Walk
    edited 26.02.2014
    here's a pic of it:
    27wws5h.jpg
  • walkingtalwalkingtal Posts: 8
    edited 26.02.2014
    Thanks my friend
  • Krazy75 (US1)Krazy75 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    edited 26.02.2014
    I agree with janri3. This may spell the end for me. I don't want more boring tasks. If not for the other 2 farms I would have burned out long ago. The reason most people don't expand the farm is cost and the 'to do' list that drives them in a ditch. Does anybody really want to gather more eggs?? Put another chicken coop on!
    It looks to me by not working well with the main farm means 'no reason to put in a water tower'. Now, you have a reason. There are so many ways you could have made it play better. I see none.
  • ss02095ss02095 Posts: 3
    edited 26.02.2014
    IS the login issue solved? Do we get extra time for the event?
    edited 26.02.2014
    no. still the login issues is there.
    not able to login until now
    edited 26.02.2014
    its irritating trying to login from 4hrs. but no use
  • All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 26.02.2014
    Let's just wait and see what happens. and for everyone who is saying the eggs and feed are repetitive. It's ALL repetitive. Just like many other games of this nature. My goal is to finish my farms and I haven't done much on my gourmet farm mainly for cost and want to finish my main farm first. If you are finished with building all of your farms and want to move on, congratulations. If you're going to stick around and be patient with GGS, awesome.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 26.02.2014
    Hey everybody,

in case you still have issues loading the game, please try the routine to delete caches again.

We just repaired some files and you should be able to log back in again once your cache was deleted.

Now to answer some of your questions:
    How will GGS address coop money/gold used for research items on the 2d farm?

We will try to exchange researches 1:1. This means that the former cherry juice research will still stay marked as finished, but it will affect another good, e.g. peach juice (I just made that up - it will be something that is available at the same level and will replace the former good).
    If we really have to remove one of the researches, you will get a refund for researcher and research costs. Same goes for researches that are running during the update process. These will be cancelled and you will get a full refund for all expenses.
    Griffith wrote: »
    is the restaurant and bakery and dairy all the same became 1 building now anymore?!

No, the bakery will not merge these 3 buildings but be a new one that is pretty similar to the restaurant, just with new recipes.
    kalon2 wrote: »
    how will we be able to make the honey cream and scented oil on the Flower Farm?

The recipes in the shop of the flower farm will of course be changed in accordance to the removal of the old goods.
    In the meantime you may either use other recipes until you were able to produced the needed goods on the gourmet farm again, or you can of course purchase the new goods immediately to start the production. :)
    svire wrote: »
    When are we actually getting these new buildings?
    Soon! The date is not set in stone yet, but it will be one of the next updates (not next week, though).
    Griffith wrote: »
    what's gonna happen to quest achievement? all quests on gourmet will be deducted from everyone or old players can easily do new quests while new players lose the opportunity to do old quests anymore?

As far as I know, the quest achievement progress will not change (number will stay the same, even if the old tasks are removed).
    You will get new tasks for new buildings, tasks for old buildings, residentials, fence, etc. will stay the same, so progress on these will not get lost. :)
  • Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 26.02.2014
    Sorry Latten, still won't load on any major browser after deleting cache again.
    edited 26.02.2014
    sorry latten, still not able to login. tried everything
    edited 26.02.2014
    i m a united kingdom-1 player and still not able to login
  • Krazy75 (US1)Krazy75 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    edited 26.02.2014
    So I've built 2 farms around Honey Cream and Marzipan Ice Cream. And they are gone. They were not repetitive. You were set for 6-7 hrs. And poof over a million dollars between the two.
    For those who couldn't afford to upgrade those two farms, its because you can't make money clicking eggs.
    edited 26.02.2014
    :(:(still the problem of login is not solved with me.:(
    edited 26.02.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    No, the bakery will not merge these 3 buildings but be a new one that is pretty similar to the restaurant, just with new recipes.

As far as I know, the quest achievement progress will not change (number will stay the same, even if the old tasks are removed).
    You will get new tasks for new buildings, tasks for old buildings, residentials, fence, etc. will stay the same, so progress on these will not get lost. :)

thanks for answering those 2 questions, it makes a bit relief to know those buildings not gonna merge and quests total will be same :)
  • edited 26.02.2014
    can't log in, cleared cache. trying do an event here, need on the farm please
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 26.02.2014
    The new ideas for the gourmet farm look really neat. I'm totally at a loss for what donkeys will contribute to the farm though. I was thinking of the same thought, having new levels for the dairy but looks like they won't be needed. That's so cool about the ducks being added to the farm, I remember suggesting ducks in the Facebook page :) WHEN are these changes going to happen?
  • LikeMe (RO1)LikeMe (RO1) Posts: 17
    edited 26.02.2014
    For those ho have problems with login in the game try installing and use Comodo Dargon browser.It works on my pc.

Does someone knows when the update itself wil be on the game???

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • Koetje Boe (NL1)Koetje Boe (NL1) Posts: 34
    edited 26.02.2014
    TodayI looked forward at the new update. In particular to the information of what is to come on our gourmet farm. You have more than surpassed my expectations. Am very impressed with the new water mill, compost , and the very, very beautiful silo really an eye-cathcher. And then our new pet ducks, donkeys can't wait until they're there. I think you the last time anyway have fun elements in the game are like the code that you can find daily on facebook, that lets you free some gold, money or anything else can get. Really great. I trust if the second farm is totally ready and all new extra elements in the game run well that also the third farm on the shovel, and that there also something more is going to happen than is currently the case. Continues straining every time what you have in store for us. Thank you makers of Big Farm
  • randy60 (US1)randy60 (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    edited 26.02.2014
    Some of us who can't get the info are getting very confused buy what some of you are posting?????

it would be nice if someone could put the info on the announcement thread for those of us who can't log in.
  • ganesh_tganesh_t Posts: 28
    edited 26.02.2014
    When Gourmet Farm is going to be changed???
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 26.02.2014
    randy60 wrote: »
    it would be nice if someone could put the info on the announcement thread for those of us who can't log in.

You must have missed where Griffith posted a screenshot of the info.
  • EricaJ (US1)EricaJ (US1) Posts: 202
    edited 26.02.2014
    Just an FYI - I started a thread here to try to summarize what we already know and also pose some additional questions that I hope our CMs / mods can address soon.

I'm not wanting to replicate information, but some threads have already been started in the "questions" forum, and I thought that might be a good place to provide more specific information.
Sign In to comment.