Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Questions about the co-op? Find your answers here!

Comments

• Wei Min2Wei Min2 Posts: 8
    edited 26.01.2014
    Solveik3 wrote: »
    I wonder if it would be possible to run a cooperative with one player only. "be your own coop"
    It's been done, on the Austarlian server, there's a single member co-op, their ranked No. 4, I hate to think how much money she's spent, we don't mind, as she's more then likely paid for a few updates.
    But I think she's missed the point of a Co-Op, the joys & interaction with other members, or the member how joined at level 25, that hits level 60 knowing they helped get them there.
    Just my thoughts
    Wei Min @ au 1
  • txlady_1981txlady_1981 Posts: 1
    edited 30.01.2014
    How can you take back what you put into the co-op if you want to leave?
    txlady_1981 @ us 1
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 30.01.2014
    When you join research, it is taken from your farm dollars, not the cooperatives funds.

If research has already begun, you can not take your Researcher back. If you leave the co op, the researcher is still there, and you just lose the money. So the member will no longer have the funds if he has left the co op. If he took a researcher back (from research that has not begun) then he gets his money back.
    a3i4ow.jpg
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 30.01.2014
    How can you take back what you put into the co-op if you want to leave?

You cannot. The only way to get things back is what Bweatherholt mentioned for a research that has not been started. Leaving the co-op will even automatically fund that back to you. And you can take your collectibles back out of the projects you put them in. Gold donations can never be taken back and dollar donations or researchers bought in the past can also not be taken back.
    Contact me! (click here)|Contact support! (click here)

Need spreadsheets for events etc? Visit our spreadsheet page directly: (click here)

Have questions about the game? Visit our website: (click here)
    372768Larino003.png
    Thanks Bondenson!
  • Its Me (US1)Its Me (US1) US1 Posts: 266
    edited 06.02.2014
    I just invited a player to join my co-op. I didn't get a response that I could see, so I messaged them and asked if they were still interested. They responded and said they accepted my invite. I'm not sure what happens next because I don't see them in my list of Co-op members. Am I missing something? Any help you can give would be appreciated.
    Its Me @ us 1
    Keep It Real Co-op
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 06.02.2014
    Its Me4, I see you already found Celissa9‎'s Problem with invitations bug, but I'm linking it here anyway in case someone else looks here first.
    montuos @ en 1 (montuos on forum)
    montuos @ us 1 (montuos2 on forum)
    montuos @ WWW 1 (montuos3 on forum)

This account remains only for historical purposes. I am no longer an active player, and all my farms have been deleted.
  • Marykay4Marykay4 Posts: 1
    edited 06.02.2014
    I am already in a co/op but I dont think the other two players really understand how the co op works? honestly I dont know much either but I do think we should atleast be working together on different projects,like the corn one right? I tried myself to complete it, and I did ask for help but didnt get any or they werent sure how? how can I either help them get in gear or change co ops? my question is three fold, those being the first two questions and the last is can you belong to more than one cooperative?
    Marykay4 @ us 1
    edited 06.02.2014
    Marykay4 wrote: »
    I am already in a co/op but I dont think the other two players really understand how the co op works? honestly I dont know much either but I do think we should atleast be working together on different projects,like the corn one right? I tried myself to complete it, and I did ask for help but didnt get any or they werent sure how? how can I either help them get in gear or change co ops? my question is three fold, those being the first two questions and the last is can you belong to more than one cooperative?

Leading a co-op isn't the easiest task. You need to try to get your members to communicate with you if you want to teach them how to help in the tasks. For now you can do the corn project on your own - but in a while you will need many more people to help because it is impossible to complete alone on higher levels and the other projects are already more difficult on level 0. Also researches could only cost dollars, but will cost a lot of gold if you do them alone. If the other two are not responding, you could consider removing them and looking for better members.
    Or you could indeed leave the co-op and join a different one by applying to co-ops on your server with a good application letter. Now there are 2 things that could happen if you leave the co-op: 1) if you leave the other two members in, one of them will become the leader and has the chance of continuing the co-op. 2) if you remove the other two members first and then leave, the co-op ceases to exist and cannot be found by anybody nor re-joined by you.

The answer to your last question is simple: no. You cannot be in multiple co-ops on the same server. You could, though, start a new farm on a different server and join a co-op there - but that means you are running 2 different farms and are in 2 different co-ops and you do double the work. Maybe that is not such a good idea if you have just started out. It is up to you though.

Good luck!

Need spreadsheets for events etc? Visit our spreadsheet page directly: (click here)

372768Larino003.png
    Thanks Bondenson!
  • Woodstock MWoodstock M Posts: 110
    edited 06.02.2014
    kasem,

It is hard enough to lead a cooperative when you know what you are doing, it becomes even harder when you don't know the game.

I am sorry but I don't think you will get far on the corn project with only 1 field...
    Woodstock M @ us1 Peanut Co-op
  • andy123321 (GB1)andy123321 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 28
    edited 06.02.2014
    Whats the best co-op description to have?? I have my own co-op But the members dont help much :( I would like to have regular players who do week endly projects with me instead of doing them on my own.
    Any advice?
    andy123321 @ en 1, Together Workin cooperative leader!!
    Any one can join us, just give me a message!! :-)
    edited 06.02.2014
    andy123321 wrote: »
    Whats the best co-op description to have?? I have my own co-op But the members dont help much :( I would like to have regular players who do week endly projects with me instead of doing them on my own.
    Any advice?

Try to get your members to communicate. If they do not - replace them with better ones. Start with writing a message to all new possible members with some questions. If they reply and take the time to answer them, they are on a good way of becoming a great member and you can try. If they do not respond, try sending the message again. If again no response, leave it be. It is difficult to find the right people, the search takes long, but you will not win if you do not try and work hard :)

372768Larino003.png
    Thanks Bondenson!
    edited 07.02.2014
    andy123321 wrote: »
    Whats the best co-op description to have??

Describe the kind of co-op you want to have, to catch the interest of the kind of people who want that too.

A few things to think about and include in your description if relevant:
    • Are you chatty, or do you just want to get to work on projects and research with a minimum of direction?
    • Are you in it primarily for fun and interaction, or for gaining the benefits of research, or are you a go-getter who wants to shoot for rank?
    • How often do you want to run projects and research, and does the day of the week matter for that?
    • How often and how much do you expect people to donate to the co-op fund for starting researches?
    • Do you want to interview prospective applicants in advance of upcoming openings?
    And of course all of these should be reviewed and updated as necessary when your requirements change.

This account remains only for historical purposes. I am no longer an active player, and all my farms have been deleted.
  • andy123321 (GB1)andy123321 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 28
    edited 07.02.2014
    Thanks Larino for your advice i am sure ill get good members now with better comunication more patience and not giving up.
    Thanks montus also, i asked myself these questions when edditing the description and i think i have perfected it!!
    :)
    andy123321 @ en 1, Together Workin cooperative leader!!
    Any one can join us, just give me a message!! :-)
  • Kathleen604 (US1)Kathleen604 (US1) Posts: 16
    edited 07.02.2014
    There is way too many pages to read too see if someone has asked this. I am looking for a friend who has started the game, and I can't seem to find her to add her too our co op. I have entered her name, and it says no player by that name, I tried her ranking, and there are a lot of people who are on her ranking but, not her. Any idea's on how to find her?
    Kathleen604 @ us 1
  • lois larner (AU1)lois larner (AU1) Posts: 198
    edited 08.02.2014
    if she is playing on a different server then u wont find her....u are playing on us server she might be on international server.....
    .my son plays on the us server so he can be with his friend and join his co op but then his friend left the game....and because he is on us server but plays in Australia the co op he joined got mad because he wasn't responding and booted him out after 3 days. he told them he is in Australia and the time difference and the said that was OK....but it took him sometimes 6 hours to respond because he was either at school or asleep when the message was sent...
    lois larner @ au 1
    edited 08.02.2014
    There is way too many pages to read too see if someone has asked this. I am looking for a friend who has started the game, and I can't seem to find her to add her too our co op. I have entered her name, and it says no player by that name, I tried her ranking, and there are a lot of people who are on her ranking but, not her. Any idea's on how to find her?

You do need an exact name to find somebody, but as Lois said, if they are not on your server, you will never find them. First check the server before you continue your search.

More information on servers here: What is a server and how can I find mine? (click)

Good luck!

372768Larino003.png
    Thanks Bondenson!
  • ShadoKattShadoKatt Posts: 3
    edited 15.02.2014
    how do i add more members to my co-op after having 5?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ShadoKatt @ us 1
    edited 15.02.2014
    In the Cooperative menu, go to the Research tab, select "Cooperative" (not "Cooperative project"), and do the Recruitments research. Each level of that research allows you another 2 co-op members.

edited 15.02.2014
    For adding more than 5 members, also check this post: How to add more than 5 members? (click)

372768Larino003.png
    Thanks Bondenson!
  • sigma957 (US1)sigma957 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    edited 17.02.2014
    How do you donate collectibles to the coop? I can't find anywhere to do it.

Thanks
    sigma957 @ us 1
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 17.02.2014
    to donate collectibles you need to go into the 4th tab, it has a spade and a garden fork on it. Then choose project that does not have a green tick on it. for an example i will use the wild about apples project. click on the cardboard box which will be open you will find it on the right side of the window. It will have a green arrow pointing to the right.
    The window will open to a new screen with the option of 3 different collectibles, tickets, teamwork and containers. If you have enough you will see the contribute button lit up in green. You can hover the mouse over the collectibles needed and it will tell you how many you need and how many you have.
    Good luck :)

Tess
    Got a Big Farm adiction? then join the Big Farm Addiction Wikia FarmerTess @ au 1
    edited 17.02.2014
    sigma957 wrote: »
    How do you donate collectibles to the coop? I can't find anywhere to do it.

Thanks

If you need a pictorial along with Tess' description, check this post: What are collectibles and what do we use them for?

372768Larino003.png
    Thanks Bondenson!
  • Dio GreenDio Green Posts: 2
    edited 21.02.2014
    Is there any attached excel sheet for storing the donation information of the cooperative?
    Dio Green @ in 1
    edited 21.02.2014
    Dio Green wrote: »
    Is there any attached excel sheet for storing the donation information of the cooperative?

Sorry, could you elaborate on that? What kind of donation information would you like to store? We do have spreadsheets for the starting costs of each research and the details of all projects on all levels. Is that what you meant?

372768Larino003.png
    Thanks Bondenson!
  • WinnerAllison9WinnerAllison9 Posts: 2
    edited 01.03.2014
    I need to do 2 cooperative projects from 2 different members??? Also..still looking to join a co-op
    WinnerAllison9 @ us 1
    edited 01.03.2014
    I need to do 2 cooperative projects from 2 different members??? Also..still looking to join a co-op

2 cooperative projects from 2 different members? Sorry, I do not completely understand what you are asking. If you are looking to join a co-op (which I had not understood from your questions) then you can simply join the training co-op :) Sign up for Training Larino in-game and I will accept you as soon as I see the application :)

372768Larino003.png
    Thanks Bondenson!
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 01.03.2014
    I need to do 2 cooperative projects from 2 different members???

Do you mean you have 2 different farms? or you are looking after 2 farms for 2 other people?
    Got a Big Farm adiction? then join the Big Farm Addiction Wikia FarmerTess @ au 1
  • Alberta OilAlberta Oil Posts: 7
    edited 11.03.2014
    I was in a co op where no one spoke, or answered Q. So I started my own. In the co op I was in i finished all corn but 300, the co op went to lvl 2 but under projects it shows no data available even though Im higher level than other 3. Now im in my own just made 2800corn for theater project, co op leveled up but STILL it says by my name..shows gold i put in, shows cash I dontated, but dosnt show the project i just did "myself!" it says NO DATA AVAILABLE can anyone tell me why....all that work it is a little frustrating. ty
    Alberta Oil @ us 1
    edited 11.03.2014
    I was in a co op where no one spoke, or answered Q. So I started my own. In the co op I was in i finished all corn but 300, the co op went to lvl 2 but under projects it shows no data available even though Im higher level than other 3. Now im in my own just made 2800corn for theater project, co op leveled up but STILL it says by my name..shows gold i put in, shows cash I dontated, but dosnt show the project i just did "myself!" it says NO DATA AVAILABLE can anyone tell me why....all that work it is a little frustrating. ty

The shovel data shows an average over 5 projects, calculating in the best 4 and many other factors. However, the first data will only show after 2 completed projects and the average of that will not be very accurate until you ran 3 more. I think you did only one project after you started your co-op? Then run one more and it will show data. Run 4 more and it will show accurate data. Good luck!

372768Larino003.png
    Thanks Bondenson!
  • teebirdteebird Posts: 5
    edited 12.03.2014
    Im on a limited income...what if I cant afford to get more gold??? and I asked to join 2 co-ops about 7 hours ago, when can I expect an answer???
    teebird @ us 1
Sign In to comment.