Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 12.02.2014
    Yes, but does not solve the problem of misclicks and wasted gold since there are Many ways to spend gold. Sounds like a lot of work to me LOL.
  • edited 12.02.2014
    True and it does to me as well. I also don't usually have too many gold losses due to misclicks (although I have many misclicks which slow down my turning over of the farms, which is quite frustrating, especially in missions). I don't keep any empty spots for the purpose mentioned in this thread but I do see the value of it for some people whilst GGS continue to sit on their hands and apparently do nothing about it.
  • kavi61 (IN1)kavi61 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 46
    edited 14.02.2014
    yes please add a gold lock. i really dnt like spending 1000s of god in vain! you can just add a small lock icon near the label saying gold amount you have! not a big deal,and wont trouble the gold users :( pretty pleaaaase :)
  • All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 16.02.2014
    I am so frustrated right now with there being no gold lock. Accidentally sped up upgrading a house and lost 400 gold. :(
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 16.02.2014
    what kinda gets me is that ggs refuses a gold lock but also refuses being able to buy gold to send to other players.why? you have basically stated that as long as you get your money you could care less what happens to our gold.
  • NigiN2NigiN2 Posts: 25
    edited 17.03.2014
    Just think of something about my gold wasting away on stupid things I don't want. ITS A SIMPLE LOCK!!!! Why won't you add this??? It won't prevent players that are already buying gold to buy more. If you think that tricking us to buy gold is a way to make money, you are no more than a common thief. I'm just really pissed. It is the third time that I'm losing my gold.
    It isn't a good reasoning that you are giving gold so we can lose some here and there. I just Simply hate you. Keep us happy. It Ain't much to ask for.
  • Lila99Lila99 Posts: 1
    edited 17.03.2014
    I think you're correct, and I agree with you. I would like a lock on my gold.
  • MrsSGBrownUserMrsSGBrownUser Posts: 84
    edited 31.03.2014
    Twice in the last week I have been deducted for spending gold for handbooks I neither wanted or needed as I am not a gold player and I am saving my gold I PAINFULLY EARN LEVEL BY LEVEL to get a watertower and this keeps on happening usually not this frequently but this has got to stop. NOW! I want my gold back and you can take your handbooks and shove them well you know where. I am totally fed up. You can say I bought it no I did not, all I did was have my cursor in the middle of the page when I went from one farm to the other and both times right smack in the middle was the "I want it" button and then it is gone in a flash. I had to hunt high and low to see what the heck I bought the first time but the second time I knew. You are stealing gold off of people that is what it is, theft.
    edited 31.03.2014
    Kristen38 wrote: »
    To the goodgame Big Farm Tech workers- I and probably many other players that cannot afford to purchase gold would like window or something to pop up when spending gold. This has happened to me before and I always let it go, I have never contacted support about it, this time I am a bit upset since I lost over 500 gold by accidentally clicking on the fast forward arrow button. Maybe when spending gold there can be a pop up window asking Are you sure you want to spend -amount- of gold on -action-? Even if the pop up window only comes up when the amount of gold is over 100. I know this would be greatly appreciated by me and probably others as well. Thank you.
    Twice in the last week I have been deducted for spending gold for handbooks I neither wanted or needed as I am not a gold player and I am saving my gold I PAINFULLY EARN LEVEL BY LEVEL to get a watertower and this keeps on happening usually not this frequently but this has got to stop. NOW! I want my gold back and you can take your handbooks and shove them well you know where. I am totally fed up. You can say I bought it no I did not, all I did was have my cursor in the middle of the page when I went from one farm to the other and both times right smack in the middle was the "I want it" button and then it is gone in a flash. I had to hunt high and low to see what the heck I bought the first time but the second time I knew. You are stealing gold off of people that is what it is, theft.

Added Note: See my join date? That's how long I have been trying to save for my watertower I'm on level 49 and I was almost there finally until this week. It's these constant "accidental" gold spending sprees of yours that rob me of one little luxury on your game. I didn't want all the premium and super feed and humus and fertilizer, it was nice but I didn't need it and buying it 'by accident like these handbooks you've been slagging every 5 seconds in popups has just [on top of the Gourmet Farm changes many of us never wanted or needed either] really just is totally demoralizing us as a players of this game. If that was your goal you have succeeded beyond your wildest dreams. Good luck to you in your next farm game because this one is doomed to fail.
  • CupKateCupKate Posts: 203
    edited 31.03.2014
    I accidentally demolished the telescope and it was +39 happiness which is a LOT. And I paid lots of money to the charity event to get that. They won't do anything about it and they say this, "We cannot do what may seem like a few buttons for you because you are only one player." OUCH.
    First of all, I believe they should help me out here even though I am just one player! I find it rude.
  • mysterygemini2mysterygemini2 Posts: 2
    edited 31.03.2014
    I've never even had this happen to me (yet) but it sounds like an issue that should have been resolved long ago. I only saw this post because seeing the new Gourmet farm today and discovering what a rip off that is, I've started to look at other issues such as this one. Free to play is a con in general. They're pretty much all the same. They have to get paid for their work, but then greed steps in too, as it always does. So you have constant pop ups and those perfectly placed buttons to buy things with real money whether you meant to or not (oops) and the ultra slow timers to build things and the cool stuff that you can only pay for with real money. That's capitalism with the inevitable twist of greed. Save your money for better things. And the free gold you get and lose to these strategically placed buttons that steal it away again... It's bs and I'm sorry it's happening but at least it was free. That's my suggestion and criticism.
    edited 31.03.2014
    I have to add a correction this second time I thought it was another handbook because it was about the same amount I think 350 gold and I think they are on sale right now for that so I assumed it was another handbook, the first I know was one for apples but this second one I have no idea what it was because I checked all of my inventory for everything and I have nothing new. The only thing I can think of it is something to do with the prime sales because they also have a box that pops up that is similar in size and shape to the one that is selling the handbooks. I don't look at them too closely because as I said I do not use gold ever. Not on purpose anyway, It is just being tricked or by accident or like this having it in the middle of the screen and an "I want it" button on it that automatically deducts it from your account. Thank goodness it is not real money I put in there or I would do more than just write nasty posts.
  • Levlone (US1)Levlone (US1) Posts: 14
    edited 30.04.2014
    Sometimes the game is so slow and laggy, and even when careful, the game spends your gold for you. You click something, and move the mouse, then it chooses your new location and clicks a few more times for you. 29 gold gone for apples
  • svire (INT1)svire (INT1) Posts: 41
    edited 01.05.2014
    So, playing camping event, sowed special corn, and when I tried to click on field to harvest it but the game had other plans. The eggs handbook popped up and i accidentally clicked on it. 250 gold gone. Now I have to gain 5 levels just to get back gold I lost for what, extra 3 eggs on harvest. Take back your STUPID handbook, STUPID eggs and give me back my gold. MrsSGBrownUser is right this is theft.
  • woddys farm (GB1)woddys farm (GB1) Posts: 32
    edited 01.05.2014
    I spent gold by accident when looking to see how much it would cost to buy a bee took my gold without asking if I wanted to spend it. Should be a confirmation asking if you really want to spend gold.
  • Mommy and CMommy and C Posts: 5
    edited 01.05.2014
    If any of you have small children running around, you know how easily they bump/hit/click things. My 3 year old spent 19000 gold on upgrading the windmill because I was looking at it, then he reached over to move the mouse and missed hitting the left click button. And there went the gold!! I would LOVE a confirmation button that would seriously help in terms of this kind of accident happening.

I can not see how it would be difficult to put that choice in the settings with the music on/off. Then those of us that want the extra click due the kids/cats/jittery hands/seizures/etc. could have that safety net in place, and those that don't can turn it OFF.

Please reconsider your decision to not add this feature. It would make so many people happy.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 01.05.2014
    We lost a good player over this last week, it's happened to him twice, it just gutted him, we got a nice message telling us he'd had enough.
    I fail to see how driving players away from not only Big Farm, but all GGS games "once bitten, twice shy" will increase gold sales.
    Then again I can't remember any suggestions players have made being taken up by GGS, I could be wrong.
    George
  • mick6 (AU1)mick6 (AU1) Posts: 158
    edited 05.05.2014
    agreed...we all muck up sooner or later..would be good to have a confirm option.
  • edited 14.05.2014
    After losing 20,000 gold on hitting the wrong button, this is the message i got after writing in...

Unfortunately, all in-game spending is final and once completed cannot be undone.
    This means we are not able to cancel any premium-currency item purchases, donations or the use of premium currency to reduce the amount of time taken. We are also regrettably unable to refund you the premium currency spent on any of these actions.
    What a crock!!! Thanks for ripping me off GGS. You can be sure I won`t spend another nickel on your BORING game.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 14.05.2014
    You weren't ripped off. You made a mistake. Big difference. And if the game is so boring, why are you still playing?
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 14.05.2014
    HI Cindy Lou so sorry that happened to you. Its not right. I understand. It happens to so many people. May i make a suggestion? Always have something building or upgrading on your farms. This will help. I do this all the time to avoid either spending my gold or accidentally demolishing something and it has saved me so many times. I usually will keep a small spot on my of my farms and i will buy a decoration and all day long (if i'm not upgrading or building something), I will just build a decoration and demolish a decoration. I have accidentally upgraded things with gold and its sooo costly and not right of GGS to do this. There should be a gold lock and there are a couple of long existing threads of complaints on this. They are doing something on this but its taking quite a long time for them to do it. I have had so many in my coop accidentally upgrade the gold mine, that is a 19k error in GGS's favor. I accidentally did my nursery which i was going to do anyway but not for awhile so I wasn't happy. I understand your frustration. I hope this helps. Take care.
  • AmyandMattAmyandMatt Posts: 27
    edited 14.05.2014
    Sorry to hear that this happening to you. I hope you get your gold back soon.^^
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 15.05.2014
    So this might be a useful time to bring up the Gold Lock topic...
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 15.05.2014
    20,000 gold on one button that you can accidentally click? What button exactly did you click on?

Only thing that comes to mind might be a gold mine update, and I honestly can't see how that's been clicked on accident.

Anywho, try sending a mail to our support team and explain the situation :)
  • edited 15.05.2014
    It's happened many times, usually small amounts, but the nursery at 19000 i think it was and yesterday i bought corn for event rather than supply eggs at 5000ish, so more than 20,000 now, by "mistake". It's a ripoff because they know its a problem but yet continue to take advantage of us. Thanks rie222, but it wouldn't have helped to be building something in this situation & I (or you)shouldn't have to be spending the hard earned dollars on buildings you don't need or want. 5000 for corn that was easily supplied - what a ripoff :/
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 15.05.2014
    I really do not understand. I never ever hit accidentally the wrong button. How do you do that? I am not criticizing anybody, I am just wondering. It may help me in the future to know....
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 15.05.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    I really do not understand. I never ever hit accidentally the wrong button. How do you do that? I am not criticizing anybody, I am just wondering. It may help me in the future to know....

IDK Jiesta you must be the only person in big farm who doesn't.
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 15.05.2014
    Agree...it's very easily done and unlike when you bulldoze an item there is no pop-up to ask if you really want to do this...how strange...I guess GGS really doesn't care if you waste your gold, but that doesn't surprise me that much. Be safe and try to be perfect and not make a mistake.....
  • edited 15.05.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    20,000 gold on one button that you can accidentally click? What button exactly did you click on?

Only thing that comes to mind might be a gold mine update, and I honestly can't see how that's been clicked on accident.

Anywho, try sending a mail to our support team and explain the situation :)

Someone in my co-op did that a couple weeks ago too, accidentally upgraded her gold mine to level 3, bye bye gold!! :(
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 15.05.2014
    In fact rie222, I am not! That would be strange, don't you think, being the only one of 25 mio players??

I know many players who are just as much wondering about this accidentally hitting the wrong button as I am....
    In fact, my coop-members asked me about it, as they did not understand either. That's basically why I asked, just to be able to provide them with an answer.
    I remember to have accidentally sold products when I had to donate them, yes! (huge misstep)! But accidentally hitting the skip for gold button (because we think that is what you are talking about) never happened to me, neither to many others I know.
    But then again, I simply am not sure what you are talking about, so we'll keep going on guessing/speculating...
This discussion has been closed.