Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 07.02.2014
    I will never buy gold now--ever. These last few updates there is FINALLY after playing GGS games for almost 5 years: something that i would like to invest gold in and i am waiting for the perfect storm of right primetime, during the Asian event so i can buy the koi pond and buy the books i would like to invest in for the library and perhaps the workshop, but not entirely sold on the idea yet, so that would be last purchase.

I would love to have an option to leave it and be able to go about my game and not have to worry about where my gold went. GGS doesn't want my dollars, I will go spend elsewhere.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 07.02.2014
    Goodfella4 wrote: »
    The last thing I need is some ridiculous road block popping up in my face saying "are you absolutely positively sure you want to do this?" Go ahead and wipe your tears away now, fellas. There is no need for a gold lock feature.

Animosity aside, surely you recognize that sometimes people accidentally will hit the fast forward button to their own detriment? And if something like a gold lock would help a considerable number of people improve their gaming experience, how is that outweighed by the fact that you don't like some people whining?

Also, I was of the understanding the gold lock was optional, so you could still throw your gold around if you wanted to without the popup thingy.
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 07.02.2014
    "they would see an increase in purchases"..... "Add a lock feature on my gold or I swear I wont buy any"..... blah blah blah. That's enough now. I spend 40 bucks a week on this game and I don't want a handful of whiners ruining anything by complaining about their own careless actions. I am a gold user... I want to use my gold when I press the big ol blue fast forward button. The last thing I need is some ridiculous road block popping up in my face saying "are you absolutely positively sure you want to do this?" Go ahead and wipe your tears away now, fellas. There is no need for a gold lock feature. Put your credit cards away along with your idol threats... It means nothing. I will continue to support GGS and buy gold along with many others. Lets all focus on good ideas now and put threads like this one to rest. Oh... and quit acting like you know the marketing game better than GGS. Don't like it??? Go create and market your own game genius. Now if yall will excuse me, I got gold to buy...

This is a suggestions, praise and criticism section. And as such it's everyones right to express any problems they have with the game. So anyone venting because they lost valueable gold isn't whining. Would you like it if you dropped ketchup on your shirt and someone called you stupid for making a MISTAKE?

Oh almost forgot, spending more money on the game doesn't mean that you own the game. If you check, it still says GOOD GAME studios not goodfellas studios :) So what I'm basically saying is, everyone has a voice....... Don't be bothered when someone uses it...
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 08.02.2014
    "they would see an increase in purchases"..... "Add a lock feature on my gold or I swear I wont buy any"..... blah blah blah.

Clearly you did not READ the suggestion here.

A small lock icon at the top of the game screen. By default would be OPEN!
    So you would have to do nothing. Not one thing. The game would be exactly as it is.

But... for those who want it, with one click, would close the lock. Then if you tried to spend gold, a small pop up would appear saying go unlock your gold first.

Not a pop up every time. I can see that being annoying.
    Not a lock you would have to fiddle with. Only those who want it would have to lock it every time.

So why is this such a problem for you?
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 08.02.2014
    This is an excellent idea. It is immoral for a company to count on making profit by designing an interface that deliberately tricks players into spending a game currency that can be bought with real money. This is a trap particularly for new players who don't know their way around the game properly and for this reason I think the gold lock should actually be the default.

I have played other online games with an equivalent games currency and they always prompt; the games never try to trick you.

At least they took away the speed up on a harvest through hovering with the mouse. I tried to upgrade a cowshed once and accidently clicked on the speed up for the harvest of the cowshed next to it. At least you actually have to actually click on the stable/field/building now to get that option so they've listened a bit.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 08.02.2014
    Hey guys, I'm just popping in with a quick reminder to keep things nice in here. Let's not personalise things and keep this to a discussion rather than an argument. Thanks. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • lois larner (AU1)lois larner (AU1) Posts: 198
    edited 08.02.2014
    OK perhaps the label gold lock is a bit harsh.....how about wording it like gold reminder on or off...
    that way the gold users do nothing and the game stays the same for them....
    BUT for me....one who has brought gold ant the start and used it and brought gold and accidentally lost it by clicking on rotate and hit fast forward by mistake. or when game was lagging and clicked twice and pooof.. gold gone...
    So before i buy any gold no matter how good the deal....i want protection in place ...i want a gold lock or a use gold for this in place....
    so u are loosing me and a large part of your potential market who want to buy gold but have lost it...this wont interfere at all with the big gold users...its for the small to middle people that want to support the game but have lost gold on stuff they had no intention of spending it on
  • MeadowLeeAnn (US1)MeadowLeeAnn (US1) Posts: 67
    edited 08.02.2014
    I would hope to think that someday GGS will realize we need some way to better control the using of our gold. It's far to easy to loose gold.
    edited 08.02.2014
    I know that a lot of people have mentioned refusing to buy gold until GGS changes its stance, but I thought it might be prudent to remember how the gold boycott of 2013 ended.

So if you're going to refuse to buy gold that's fine, but just make sure that you're not doing it in any organized manner. ;)
  • ice cold3ice cold3 Posts: 42
    edited 08.02.2014
    Hey guys,

There's been a suggestion on our forum regarding the gold lock. Someone proposed to have a sort of bank deposit, separated from the inventory, and protected by a PIN code, in which to store your extra dollars and gold. That way, you can put away all your gold for safe-keeping and only take it out when you need it for upgrades and such; it would be an extra security measure for your account and another obstacle against hackers. :)
    The bank deposit would have no other purpose than to keep your money; there would be no taxes or interest.

The PIN code could also be used as a safety measure when you demolish a building. I think it would be much better than a confirmation menu, in case someone gained access to your account.

I hope you guys like the ideas and that the development team will find them useful as well. :)
  • Goodfella4Goodfella4 Posts: 432
    edited 08.02.2014
    I like the idea of a bank being added to the village. That way farm cash and gold can be deposited for safe keeping. A bank would have a better place in the game than a library or skyscraper. That is a solid idea.
  • maddynasemaddynase Posts: 2
    edited 08.02.2014
    i agree need some sort of extera step to spend gold
  • ice cold3ice cold3 Posts: 42
    edited 08.02.2014
    I like the idea of a bank being added to the village. That way farm cash and gold can be deposited for safe keeping. A bank would have a better place in the game than a library or skyscraper. That is a solid idea.

Well, I haven't thought of an actual building being placed in the village; just an extra slot in the inventory or something simple like that. I suppose they could add a building as well, if it's not too time consuming to design and implement, but a piggy bank would be enough for me. :)
    edited 08.02.2014
    ice cold3 wrote: »
    a piggy bank would be enough for me. :)

Another use for pigs! ;D
    edited 09.02.2014
    NO! Don't suggest a building - you might have to buy it with gold! :p

I know another game that uses a security code thing which is optional. Once you unlock it, it is unlocked for the session. Particularly good to prevent the accidental spending of gold, but also, if added to demolition orders and even upgrades as well (a different code for each?), to stop malicious people who manage to get access to your computer or account. If a parent is a player and have kids wandering around, and they nip off to the loo or something, havoc and mayhem may have been created on ther farm by the time they get back.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 09.02.2014
    I'm going to vent here again...i just had a fourth person in my coop accidentally upgrade their mine today. I just don't even go near the mine anymore. Its not worth it to me. Won't buy the certificates at all. Had people who won't buy gold in my coop anymore because of this happening to them. Please put a gold lock already.
    edited 09.02.2014
    OK perhaps the label gold lock is a bit harsh.....how about wording it like gold reminder on or off...
    that way the gold users do nothing and the game stays the same for them....

I don't care what it's called. As long as that idea is put in place. Could be a lock, could be a cute little piggy bank. Could be a bank. Or a safe. Or a purse. Zip it shut, tape it, lock it, close it. Any of those, so someone can put gold into this game, lock it up so not to accidently blow it until they want to spend then simply unlock it and play as always.
    edited 10.02.2014
    As I think has been mentioned already, why doesn't GGS try it for a week or two and see whether they get more gold buyers or less? If the result isn't to their monetary satisfaction, they can remove the option.
  • edited 10.02.2014
    Yes, that's a good idea. 80 percent of things that people worry about never happen. The gold lock losing money for GGS is most probably one of the 80 percent of things that they are worrying about that will never happen. Even if they did lose some money by introducing the gold lock, they would gain money from the goodwill created. Good news travels but bad news travels faster.
    edited 10.02.2014
    I read Latten's thread today something to the statement that there would not be a gold lock because GGS fears we wouldn't spend gold if there was one..OK? So
    I have been thinking my way around this one..and while this may not work for lower level players and for players that don't have a lot of game $$$ on their farms it will work for those on higher levels and those of us with alot of game $$$. so here goes.
    This is what i am doing.
    I keep an extra chicken coop on my farm that really is to serve no purpose but as a gold lock.
    I build it up and tear it down...that is it that is my gold lock (also helps from accidentally demolishing things you dont want to demolish)...I choosehow much i want to build it up too. level 3 is usually the best only a few hours long so if architech comes calling its not to bad...then i rip it down again and begin the whole process over...

I have been doing this for like a week now and i have advised my coop to do the same today. hopefully this will help others now..hope it helps you too..Happy farming
  • Tylerbarnett2Tylerbarnett2 Posts: 16
    edited 10.02.2014
    in short you can not spend gold by mistake if you have construction or demolition going. so keep a low level construction project going to keep from accidently spending gold!! it works folks!!
    edited 10.02.2014
    Sounds like a pain to me. And waste of valuable farm space.

I wish they would just fix this. By my fix until they do is simply not spend real money on this game.
    Kinda like I won't get on a roller coaster with any loose money in my pockets. Can't lose it then.
    edited 10.02.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »
    Sounds like a pain to me. And waste of valuable farm space.

I wish they would just fix this. By my fix until they do is simply not spend real money on this game.
    Kinda like I won't get on a roller coaster with any loose money in my pockets. Can't lose it then.
    Not as bad as i thought it would be actually..i wish they would fix it and i really didn't like GGs's escuse...like we would stop spending gold. It is a bit of a pain...but artmaker...there have been 4 people in our coop who have accidentally upgraded their gold mines...that is 19500k in gold...each...and last night one other person accidentally upgraded their nursery to level 4 i think that is 19k in gold...so if i have to take one 5x5 space and use it for a chicken coop i will...i have -100 happiness on my other two farms..i do not need -100 on my main farm any longer..I make a ton. I have enough farm $$$. i am not saying this will work for everyone on every level...But it is working for me.. i have accidentally upgraded things myself...and am not happy at all...and am very dissapointed with GGS's response to our request for a gold lock...So would I rather the pain of upgrading the chicken coop or have the pain of spending 33k in gold accidentally???? hmmmmm....i would rather a few times a day click on that chicken coop loose that few happiness points i may have.....and keep my gold...but i understand this will not work for everyone...hope it helps some...While GGS decides or makes an escuse saying that people will stop spending gold if they give us a gold lock...
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 10.02.2014
    useful tip for some, but the chicken shed can get pushed through construction/demolition. And there are more ways to spend the gold on accident besides just buildings.

I there are so many reasons right now to NOT buy gold.
    edited 10.02.2014
    useful tip for some, but the chicken shed can get pushed through construction/demolition. And there are more ways to spend the gold on accident besides just buildings.

I there are so many reasons right now to NOT buy gold.

very true but i am finding it helpful...and quite frankly am so fed up that GGs is not taking our request seriously...and finding their escuse lame...maybe not buying gold is the right option...all together..
  • agueda3agueda3 Posts: 583
    edited 10.02.2014
    I spend gold also without wanting to by clicking on a coop to collect that was next to the one upgrading so clicked wrong button and there was the gold gone. Your strategy wont work in that case...I also don't see that having a lock will make players not purchase gold in fact to the ones that are not getting gold now having a lock in place might just get them to go ahead and purchase some!
  • tove999 (SKN1)tove999 (SKN1) Posts: 71
    edited 10.02.2014
    Just wondering here: Doesn't it leave an impression somehow, on GGS, that so many people want a gold lock? Do you care at all that so many of your customers are asking for this?
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 11.02.2014
    And accidentally speeding up production is still possible!
  • MeadowLeeAnn (US1)MeadowLeeAnn (US1) Posts: 67
    edited 11.02.2014
    Seems like a useful tip for some players, however I agree there needs to be some checks and balances added to the game by GGS for spending gold to stop these mistakes.
  • edited 12.02.2014
    The other benefit to doing this is that you get extra XP as well, with the building going on all the time, apart from the time spent demolishing.
This discussion has been closed.