Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

How about a harvest all button?

ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
With all the new upgrades in the works, maybe this is still doable soon???

First thing when I log on, pretty much everything on my farm is ready for harvest.
That's a LOT of clicking, clicking to replant, clicking to sell when my barns are full.
This is winter where I am and I spend a ton of time on this game and other computer things. I'm getting a touch of carpal tunnel here. (Had it once before. Only cure is stop doing what your doing.)

So I have a simple fix.

Place this down at the bottom of the game. Like where the chat is, members, messages etc. It's use would be TOTALY optional.

A harvest, or plant all button.

This would pop up just as other buttons down there do.
And a list would follow.
Harvest entire farm,
Or... since sometimes you may want to hold certain things for an upcoming project.
Harvest all pigs
Harvest all cows
Harvest all fields and like that.

What would happen, all things would start to harvest the same way they do if you clicked on every shed one at a time.

IF your barn is full, it would automatically sell THE EXTRA. It would NOT empty your barn.
When it's all done, you would get a window saying how much you sold and how much you earned. So instead of 20 or 30 clicks, just harvesting now, not even counting resetting. You might have two.

Planting/feeding
Same thing.
Feed all cows
Feed all chickens..

Only ones you may want to leave out are fields because there are so many choices as to what to plant. Keep that the way it is.

This would sure save my wrist and mouse.
And again. Optional. Those who want to keep things they way they are just ignore the little tab at the bottom.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Artmaker on

Comments

• Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 05.02.2014
    Like, like like :)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 05.02.2014
    I like this idea Artmaker! That would be a very handy feature to have.
  • CupKateCupKate Posts: 203
    edited 05.02.2014
    This is a great idea, and I need the harvest all fields button, maybe these "buttons" could be unlocked during certain levels. Because small farms don't really need this button. They really don't. Small farms only have a couple cow sheds, pig stys, chicken coops. And I don't believe it would be useful for them but have it locked and unlocked when you reach a certain level. I really like this idea! Very creative thinking. ;)
  • Solveik3Solveik3 Posts: 24
    edited 05.02.2014
    This button would be cool in real life...
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 05.02.2014
    Glad it seems to be a winner. Now lets hope the admins agree. AND can pull it off.
  • edited 06.02.2014
    I micro manage my harvesting so that it is very specifically done to maximise my chances of completing the now generic side quests for the main farm. In this way, I usually complete about 15 to 20 side quests per day without golding. Of course, the pigs ones do slow me up sometimes.

However, having said that, the feature would be handy if I was in a hurry and didn't have the time to do this and would still help a bit at times even if I did.
  • ritacba1 (AU1)ritacba1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 06.02.2014
    i like this idea, i come on first thing in the morning and harvest all this would save so much time. and as has been mentioned, its optional so you don't have to use it if you don't want to. especially during missions / projects and such.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 07.02.2014
    Good idea, but I prefer a DOUBLE CLICK to harvest all of that building type. If you double click on a field for instance, it harvests all the fields. When you double click on a pig pen, it harvests all the pig pens. You get the picture.

A plant all empty fields with last seed button - DEFINITELY.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file