Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestions to add meat to the game

Comments

• FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 14.12.2013
    Jeanette

This has been suggested many times. The CMs have already said it is not going to happen. I am closing this thread now.
  • IkwachiIkwachi Posts: 7
    edited 22.01.2014
    I don't understand why Chickens produce eggs, cows produce milk but the pigs produce nothing. Why don't the pigs produce bacon which can be used in the restaurant?
    the pigs are not worth their feed right now.
    Post edited by Ikwachi on
  • ElingoldElingold Posts: 18
    edited 21.01.2014
    you could have a smoker and put apple and cherry wood in it to make hams and bacon!
  • Srpski Kraj2Srpski Kraj2 Posts: 12
    edited 22.01.2014
    GGS already said that there will not be any meat product in restaurants. This topic was already mentioned.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 22.01.2014
    This topic has been discussed many many many many times and GGS has said no every time.
  • MeadowLeeAnn (US1)MeadowLeeAnn (US1) Posts: 67
    edited 22.01.2014
    Mmmmmm bacon!
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 22.01.2014
    Sorry guys, this topic has been done to death so I'm going to close the thread now. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 06.03.2015
    Okay, so I know there have been 456237260207562807583276 threads about bacon and they've all pretty much been denied on the basis that bacon involves the killing of animals, and GGS wouldn't want to advocate animal killing or whatever. So one of the primary objections to having bacon is the animal-harming aspect of the game.

I can see why GGS would want to avoid killing little piggies, but that's why I am suggesting a no-kill version of bacon for the game.

Here's my suggestion: make bacon available, but without the nastiness of killing animals.

How, do you ask? On *ahem* some other farming game that I play, you can produce eggs, milk, etc. in much the way that you do here, except that bacon is collected from pigs by way of putting them in a steam bath, and when the pigs come out of it they're all skinny and the bacon just magically appears in your inventory, ready to sell or make other things with. I'm proposing something similar here. Since this is not a realistic farm game, this would give us the opportunity to use bacon without the cruelty that comes with slaughtering those poor little pixels.

Below are some possible objections and my responses:

Bacon has previously been denied. Only on the basis that it involves killing, which this suggestion does not. Please learn to read.

GGS doesn't like killing animals. Yes, we've gone over this a bazillion times. This is why I am proposing that we have a bacon collector machine that can harmlessly collect bacon without killing animals.

That's not realistic.
    Oh, yes, because having a giant skyscraper or mine or 10-storey tree next to your farm is. And having a farm on which the success is determined by how many magic trees or lakes you build is. And having a bakery that makes sugar but not bread is. I'm not sure that this game really plans on being that realistic, given how it runs. If you wanted realism you'd probably need to go buy some land and decorations and till some fields.

Bacon doesn't belong on a farm. Neither did horses, apparently. :P

Having bacon in food would offend people from certain religions. Do we know this for a fact? I can appreciate REAL bacon doing that in REAL life (I actually don't eat it myself), but this is a GAME.

This is actually a reasonable objection though. That said, I know most people can check their real world sensibilities at the door and see that this is PRETEND and we're not really eating pigs or eggs or wildflowers or whatever it is. One of the advantages of the way that this game is designed is that you can play it how you see fit; if you don't want pigs on your farm, you don't have to have them. If you don't want animals because animal farming is exploitative, you don't have to have them either. I see this sort of argument as falling into that category.

Steaming the pigs for bacon is sanitizing what is actually a very cruel industry.
    Okay. Please see the comments on realism, above.

To be honest, I don't have a huge stake in whether bacon gets implemented on a farm or not, since I personally hate the stuff, but it'd be interesting to see if there were any ways that this argument could get around the "killing is bad" argument.
    Post edited by jaystarr2 on
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 03.02.2014
    i think its great that someone took the time to explain this.i personally have never seen 1 single complaint on any of the meat threads from an actual player because the subject is never even given time to be discussed and debated.the solid fact is indeed that these are not living,breathing creatures.they are animated pixels that dont feel pain or anything else because they are not real.and another good point is "if you dont like em,dont use em".i tore down all my pigstys because they were virtually useless.and who says there has to be a slaughter house? build your deli,convert your pixels into bacon,sausage,or ham and the food farm just got a lot more recipes.no blood,no gore,no squealing in pain,just a new addition to the game.
    edited 03.02.2014
    Yeah, I mean I do understand that people are sensitive to the ugliness of slaughter and whatever, which is why I think it is worth considering a non-brutal way of getting bacon. But if we accept that there are ways to do this, then what's stopping there being bacon in the game?
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 03.02.2014
    FINALLY!!!! A meat thread without someone just yelling ''BACON! PUT IT IN THE GAME!!!! YEAH!''

Another solution I was thinking of was collecting meat directly from the Pigstys instead of having to build another building to get Bacon. That way the old 'What Mama doesn't know won't hurt her' thing works out since you collect meat directly and don't know what happened to the Pigs :)
    edited 03.02.2014
    i also saw boats and docks in the picture of our future farm town.perhaps we get our meat shipped to us or we get a market that we can buy our meat from.
  • TweedleDumTweedleDum Posts: 41
    edited 03.02.2014
    Actually, I think the whole idea of the sum of the reasons stated for refusing bacon amounts to an unreasoned and ill-conceived argument. We raise pigs on pig sties for what?

Othe GGS games have killing and magic (both repugnant to certain religions, just as eating pork would be to Jews, Hindus and Muslims as well as some adherents to other religions). Hey, they don't have to play the game, do they? There are a lot of games I don't play because of religious concerns. They don't seem to be suffering for customers, do they? Really, what's the real reason?

I don't see the whole point of it, except that they don't feel like allowing bacon, and that it is really for no other valid reason.

All reasons offered so far sound like nothing but a load of fertilizer.

Currently, we are engaged in a Big Game Meal contest, which is supposed to pertain to GGS, and yet we are advsed to use various meats in this meal, including a three-fold admonition to include bacon.

Obviously, having bacon is around is a non-issue, so it is clearly not a religious accomodation, and unless you are eating animals alive, meat results from killing animals, which means that GGS cannot respectably claim that its reason is a stance against killing or harming animals.

What is the real reason, GGS?

Is there one?
    =TD=
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 04.02.2014
    If someone can so easily stomp on the established religious beliefs of others, they must not hold their own in high regard.

Bringing pigs and meat to the resturant will bring lots of very upset people to the forum--what will you tell them then?
    I think this would be a very slippery path.
  • edited 04.02.2014
    It also is supported by the established religious beliefs of others that we CAN eat meat though...

Genesis 1:26

Funny how some of us have to give up our beliefs to ensure we don't stomp on the beliefs of others who are intolerant to our beliefs....

... or so I believe.
    edited 04.02.2014
    dominion over animals?? that one? means that we can slaughter? we read a different Bible here in Ohio.

The cows and pigs don't just walk up and wrap themself in plastic.
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 04.02.2014
    Steam the pigs skinny and have bacon? Oh I want a steam bath like that for me!!!!!.

Hey, I eat meat all the time. But I have never killed an animal. (Fish yea, but not an animal.)
    I go to the store, pick up the package of neatly wrapped bacon, toss it in the cart. Pay for it and put it in the fridge till I'm ready to cook it. End of problem.
    Farmers could sell off the pigs. Bulldoze that stupid tower and put in a country store. They go buy some bacon.
    Viola.

Or.....
    They DO make a meatless soy based bacon.
    (I personally think it's horrible. Kinda like decaf coffee, or none alcoholic beer. What's the point? But if your vegan and want a little bacon flavor, there ya go.)
  • edited 04.02.2014
    .... or..... I could commit Seppuku because I had meatless bacon forced upon me, wrapping myself up afterwards so no one sees the mess... in neat, plastic wrap of course.

Yes, you're right, Monica, they don't just walk up and conveniently wrap themselves in plastic, which is why an abstract bloodless conversion from pig to bacon or hocks or spare ribs or whatever isn't too much to ask... I'm hungry...
    edited 04.02.2014
    Um no don't do seppuku (had to look it up) but at least you would know what the pig felt. ICK

I am sure GGS can come up with something to satisfy a broad range of society.

Here is a link: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Peanut-Butter-and-Jelly-Sandwich

Seriously considering becoming vegetarian from this discussion.
    Geez the link is for Undertaker--he said he was hungry. I am trying to remain optimistic and open minded.
    edited 04.02.2014
    If someone can so easily stomp on the established religious beliefs of others, they must not hold their own in high regard.

Bringing pigs and meat to the resturant will bring lots of very upset people to the forum--what will you tell them then?
    I think this would be a very slippery path.
    if this discussion turns into a religious one,it will be closed before we can properly hear from both sides or come to any kind of agreement.these same people who might take offence used to use animals as sacrifices and cut their throats and burnt them on alters witch to me seems more inhumane than selling ham n eggs in a farm game.also none of our food is ever eaten,you click on it,it disappears and leaves behind a stack of virtual cash.this is a game.if you find anything in it offensive then you should go play a grand theft auto game for 10mins,come back a see how offensive you think our little farm game is then.and i also agree with undertaker on the point that tolerance goes both ways.
    edited 04.02.2014
    Ad hominem fallacy.
    Monica wrote:
    If they are upset on the basis of one of the objections I've already outlined in the first post, then I will reply as I have in the first post.

I'm not intending AT ALL for this to be a religious debate. This is just about the possibility of having bacon without the objection from "killing pigs is yucky", which has been GGS' stance on the issue in all the other bacon topics.
    edited 04.02.2014
    I think this is a good idea myself. I think we should have meat in the game. Its not like we're really eating what we cook in the restaurant anyway. I agree with Jay about having a steam bath & have the pigs come out skinny & we have bacon. We could make more dishes in the restaurant and have more options rather than making the same stuff over & over.

Well said Undertaker in post #8
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 04.02.2014
    Or just like the cow gives milk when we harvest/milk the cows,we get meat from the pigs when we feed them their cabbage. I would like to see some new recipes in the restaurant as well. Doesn't Goodgame Cafe have meat, which is one of there many games? I'm not saying that we have to have the whole process of of how the meat is produced from start to finish at all. I'm just saying the same way the eggs, goat & cow milk magically appears, the meat can magically appear also.
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 04.02.2014
    Which is exactly what I suggested Enoch! Good to see a like minded person :)
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 04.02.2014
    Ezio auditore3- I went back and read your post and you posted same thing, sorry. Your right though we won't ever see it cause it magic.
    edited 04.02.2014
    There was a lengthy discussion a few months ago--I think about the same time the resturant was introduced. Pigs functioned pretty much the same as they always have. People tore that person to shreds too and I don't think that person is even here anymore. So, do you REALLY think people are going to voice their opinion and put their heart out and speak freely in the forum to be attacked? I don't think so--not with the snide comments already displayed by so many in this thread! Tired of bullies on the playground!

I think respecting beliefs and values of other people trumps anyone playing a silly farm game--regardless of whether it is their religion or their own sense of ethical conduct.
    edited 04.02.2014
    There was a lengthy discussion a few months ago--I think about the same time the resturant was introduced. Pigs functioned pretty much the same as they always have. People tore that person to shreds too and I don't think that person is even here anymore. So, do you REALLY think people are going to voice their opinion and put their heart out and speak freely in the forum to be attacked? I don't think so--not with the snide comments already displayed by so many in this thread! Tired of bullies on the playground!

I think respecting beliefs and values of other people trumps anyone playing a silly farm game--regardless of whether it is their religion or their own sense of ethical conduct.
    if a jew,muslim or vegan comes forward and gives a logical reason and explanation on why this subject seems to be so taboo without stomping their feet and screaming i hate it i hate it and blocking out and ignoring any kind of logical debate then i can be perfectly civil and offer my own reasons and explanations as to why i feel it should be added.so far not one of these individuals has stepped forward to offer their two cents and yet you are telling us how they feel as if they have no voices of their own.their are posts on soy(fake) bacon,the addition of meat shipments or a place where meat is directly purchased,the bacon tub or pigsty producing strait meat all of witch do not involve the killing of animals and also the fact that jaystarr,(the one who started the thread)said flat out that she cant stand bacon and yet started this thread to gather everyones view and possibly change ggs opinion but instead we are all accused of stomping on peoples beliefs.were not stomping anything,simply questioning as to why this is such a big issue when its all make believe and attempting to compromise with ggs on the subject.
    edited 04.02.2014

Like I have said, this is NOT supposed to be a religious debate. If you want to do that, please go elsewhere. An argument for pigs having functioned in some way all through the history of BF is nice, but doesn't give us reason to think that they ought to CONTINUE to function like that where there are alternate possibilities. It's like with our fields--if we weren't given the ability to increase their level or grow new crops, then that would be pretty bad. I mean, that's how a game stagnates and doesn't grow, right?

So what I am doing is offering a possible alternative that would keep a lot of the existing game mechanisms but increase the ways that we can use them in the game. I don't see what religion has to do with what I've said, as you will have noticed that I addressed that issue in the VERY FIRST POST in this topic.

Edit: I was replying to the post on the first page and didn't notice that there was already a second page.

Post edited by Kat Nip: Removed quoted post and response to it
    edited 04.02.2014
    enochnock wrote: »
    Or just like the cow gives milk when we harvest/milk the cows,we get meat from the pigs when we feed them their cabbage. I would like to see some new recipes in the restaurant as well. Doesn't Goodgame Cafe have meat, which is one of there many games? I'm not saying that we have to have the whole process of of how the meat is produced from start to finish at all. I'm just saying the same way the eggs, goat & cow milk magically appears, the meat can magically appear also.

Yeah, this is the kind of rationale I think that underlies it. We don't see eggs coming out of the chickens' cloacae, we don't see the milking process. So there's that. But I think even if we don't see the "bacon-getting process", we can imagine how it works, and that is where the "killing is yucky" objection lies.

So that's why I think we could construct the idea of the steam bath thing for the pigs (and apparently also Artmaker :P) as the means to get bacon. It's not like the Big Farm backstory would prohibit that or anything either.
    edited 04.02.2014
    I see people trying to have a discussion here and one person wanting to start an argument. There is no reason why this topic cannot be discussed in a civilized manor. There is no reason to personally attack Jay for making a suggestion in the Suggestions, praise, & criticism section of the forum.

As I said before I totally agree that we should have bacon in the game. This is a way to have bacon without killing animals so no harm no foul. This is just a game and I hope that we all know the animals are only pixels. We're not getting real milk & eggs so why not have fake bacon too?

I'm not sure why there's a link for a peanut butter & jelly sandwich since that has nothing to do with this topic and I don't like peanut butter. Just sayin'

Mini mod time: Please keep this thread on topic.
Sign In to comment.