Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Put Library/Deco Tower/Co-op Trees in the Village

Kate151Kate151 Posts: 66
Guys, the village could be a lot more than it is.

The complaints about the Tower are pretty serious. Wouldn't it be better as a decoration department store, in the village? A lot of people are also saying they don't like the Library beside their farm - doesn't a Library belong in the village? And isn't the Co-op Tree a central resource too?

Why not pretty the Village up, in the same style as the farms, and put all these things in it?

This definitely applies to the library and the tower!! Not beside the farm. No!
Post edited by Kate151 on

Comments

• Bruce79Bruce79 Posts: 31
    edited 29.01.2014
    In agree........
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 29.01.2014
    This is an awesome idea. It makes way more sense for those things to not be right next to the farm.
  • edited 29.01.2014
    Yes, definitely, then we can ride your elephant into the village whenever I feel the need to borrow a book from the thriving lending library there.
  • pixie2me2pixie2me2 Posts: 83
    edited 29.01.2014
    agreed :) great idea
  • edited 29.01.2014
    My farm looks more like a city with all of the buildings beside it so i would love the village to take all of those buildings away from my farm.
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 29.01.2014
    Yes, I totally agree: move the Library and the Tower into the village. :)
  • its my farmits my farm Posts: 6
    edited 29.01.2014
    if u are not in a co op then there is no village anymore....
    edited 29.01.2014
    if u are not in a co op then there is no village anymore....

True... but GGS could make the Village available for all players. there are other things going on in the village, like the themed events and mail, so this is not total nonsense :)
    And, if a player doesn't belong to a coop, those 3 specific buildings are to be disabled.

In the end, there will be 4 building enabled (Library, Deco Tower, Square, Post office) and 3 disabled (Research Lab, Project Office, City Hall), seems fine by me and it should be that hard to do, even in the light of recent events. :)
  • Mirja (NL1)Mirja (NL1) Posts: 141
    edited 29.01.2014
    It has my vote! Good idea.

(For the Coop Tree I'm not sure. I think when it's placed in the Village, I'll forget to harvest it.)
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 29.01.2014
    Trees do grow next to farms.
    Gold mines do not.
    Know why?
    The chemicals used to clear and clean said mine kill animals.
    At least try to make this thing make sense.
    edited 29.01.2014
    I would love something like this:
    village_new.jpg

Coop. buildings on one side, general buildings on the other, the mine far from the city...
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 29.01.2014
    alex i like that set up much better! I am really having a hard time with this new deco building beside my farm it is a huge eye sore! it just doesn't belong and your all right, where have i ever seen a library right next to a farm hahahahaha...less a huge skyscraper???
  • edited 29.01.2014
    Maybe in Japan? Certainly not in Australia. We have cattle properties that are larger in area than some of the countries in Europe. True story.
  • Kate151Kate151 Posts: 66
    edited 29.01.2014
    Alex_mosu wrote: »
    I would love something like this:
    village_new.jpg

Coop. buildings on one side, general buildings on the other, the mine far from the city...

Nice, Alex! Looks great.
  • keith 01 (US1)keith 01 (US1) Posts: 42
    edited 29.01.2014
    maybe a highway made of GOLD, to get to it!!!!
    everything you need is on your tool bar.
    what is the village for ?
  • farmer carrot (GB1)farmer carrot (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    edited 29.01.2014
    Yes. Put the library in the village. It does not belong next to the farm.
  • devilsdesert (NL1)devilsdesert (NL1) Posts: 37
    edited 29.01.2014
    I agree, put them in the city
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 29.01.2014
    So........... Is it bad if I say that I actually like those things next to my farm? I mean they are nice, and those people who say that the farm doesn't look real anymore, how many times on a REAL farm have you fed your chickens in 2 seconds by throwing gold at them? (I bet it would hurt so don't try it at home :D)
  • edited 29.01.2014
    Ezio I agree with you. I like the things next to my farm. The deco skyscraper is a little odd, and I wouldn't mind if that was in the Village. But I like the Library and the Mine and the Co-op Tree next to my farm.

~Space~
  • edited 29.01.2014
    By throwing gold at the chickens, we aren't feeding them in 2 seconds... what it represents is us purchasing banned growth hormones from the local gym, that we then feed our chickens, even though this doesn't happen in Australia, the U.S. or all that many if any other countries in the world. We then fit tiny roller skates... sorry, cutting edge technology, Blades, to the chicken's feet and they go racing around the barnyard, shooting eggs out every 12 minutes. Not Organic but then again, most people don't care about that anyway.

Back on topic... I don't want the co-op tree in the village myself.. As someone else said here or elsewhere, might forget to water it if it's out of site (pun intended).
  • KingTuT (INT1)KingTuT (INT1) Posts: 49
    edited 30.01.2014
    I would agree with the library and deco buildings in the village. I like the coop tree next to the farm.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 01.02.2014
    Yes, please place the buildings without timers in the village.
  • edited 01.02.2014
    Yes, then place a bomb WITH a timer in it in the village where the buildings are.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 01.02.2014
    I think the changes announced for 2014 appear to indicate this if you look at their facebook page picture.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/GoodgameBigFarm
  • TweedleDumTweedleDum Posts: 41
    edited 01.02.2014
    Alex_mosu wrote: »
    True... but GGS could make the Village available for all players. there are other things going on in the village, like the themed events and mail, so this is not total nonsense :)
    And, if a player doesn't belong to a coop, those 3 specific buildings are to be disabled.

In the end, there will be 4 building enabled (Library, Deco Tower, Square, Post office) and 3 disabled (Research Lab, Project Office, City Hall), seems fine by me and it should be that hard to do, even in the light of recent events. :)

Makes sense to me as well. Make the villages accessible on read-only to all players, and they could see the tower, the level, the current research, the current project, project history, etc.
    Make the library pertain to the viewing member of the co-op but put it in the village.
    Put the tower and all the other new external buildings in the village.
    Put co-op shops on the main street of the village (let players interact with each other by visiting each other's shops and buying their production).
    It would make the game more enjoyable. The only drawback is that you would have to gear up for more hits on the site. I am sure you could manage that. Coding would be a task, but not any more difficult than any of what else is going on.
    =TD=
    edited 03.02.2014
    I think the changes announced for 2014 appear to indicate this if you look at their facebook page picture.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/GoodgameBigFarm

indeed, in the light of announced changes, it looks like, instead of separating the farm and the village, they mixed all together in the same big screen, that will probably use all our RAM and all the processor power just to move around... :(

anyway, this topic is obsolete. can someone close it?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file