Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update January 28th - Deco-Tower and fertile fields - Discussion

Comments

• Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 29.01.2014
    It's nice that we were given some gifts to make up for all the troubles many of us were having...but wish the time was extended some more. Three hours in a six day events seems like when your teacher says...you have been so good this week..instead of 25 spelling words..we will only have 23. Nice thought but, would rather have her say only 15 words today. Hug your loved one's like there is no tomorrow...because you never know...
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 29.01.2014
    Ahem...when do I get my gold apples, cherries, eggs, milk and pigs???
    And then you can start making gold versions of the other farms!
  • agueda3agueda3 Posts: 583
    edited 29.01.2014
    Thanks for the rose seeds nice to make back a bit of the lost money with the messed up happiness due to not being able to put the decos back with yesterdays bug.. Still the useless tower doesn't serve any purpose to me , i know what decos i have in each farm i see it everyday and all the ones in the storage or drop box don't even show up in the tower so again why was that needed??? I understand lot of work put into it but would have made players more happy if we had gotten new lots in main farm or finally the new stuff coming to the Gourmet to give us something to do other then the same task over and over!
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 29.01.2014
    connerk2 wrote: »
    Ahem...when do I get my gold apples, cherries, eggs, milk and pigs???
    And then you can start making gold versions of the other farms!

Personally, I'm 100% sure that these will follow. No point in starting a gold production system, if you don't intend to make it complete, is there? :)

I buy gold from time to time.. I understand its use and I profit from it every now and then.. but if this GGS "rush for gold" will continue, I guess I'll just have to find another "free strategy game" on the world wide web...
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 29.01.2014
    Thanks Latten and GGS staff :) The roses will be used for certain on the last task for ufo event.

I do hope that the next update goes better. It has been a very long time since people were actually excited in a positive way about them.
  • edited 29.01.2014
    I take it that the Rose Seeds hand out will take some time to be done to all servers, as I don't believe I've received them yet and no one in out co-op appears to have received them... it is hard for me to tell whether or not I've got them yet because I have 51 and maybe 5 of them are the 5 and I just didn't notice receiving them?

Or has the Aus server not yet received ours?
  • FarmingGamerFarmingGamer Posts: 107
    edited 29.01.2014
    Checked deco tower.where is well spring of charity 90 happiness?old version
    not showing or did i miss it?
  • agueda3agueda3 Posts: 583
    edited 29.01.2014
    Three extra hours added to the event ?? Still not able to build event decos 5x5 against gate in the WWW1 server so how is that extra hours going to help ?
  • Ketshup2Ketshup2 Posts: 7
    edited 29.01.2014
    Well, it seems some bugs has been fixed.

But the game is still not working on Explorer :-(

Right, I can just keep playing here om Chrome. This is just not my favorite browser, and the full screen mode is a lot better on Explorer.

Please please fix is soon...
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 29.01.2014
    It's working ok on safari.

Don't mean to sound ungrateful but rose seeds? I already have about 100 packets. They aren't very useful. Even with this event. They don't give much more than planting cabbage and at least I can use that to make feed.

how about charging up our game money since once a deco was removed it could not be replaced? Costing more to do anything.

The only good thing about this tower is that it's off to the side enough to be ignored.

How about a suggestion to make it useful?
    All those people walking around inside, makes it feel like a big department store. Well how about every morning we can collect money from the sales of decor that is in the tower? (your farm decor stays put, this has nothing to do with your farm.)
    Also... any decor we ever had, even if it's later been stored or deleted, would appear there. For good.
    This would be some incentive to stock up the tower.
    As it sits, it's just an ugly blue box wasting space.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 29.01.2014
    Hmmm... well, I've found one of the two 25 year olds I was going to trade my 50 year old for just now... she looks like she's really on the ball, too!

Wow!! How YOU goin' Jaystarr!! I'll bring the elephant... It certainly is a nice deco and looks fertile... I'll be wrecked by the time she's finished with me however... Good to see she has taken the necessary precautions... nice safety boots.

Heh, at least I posted a picture with clothes, as much as I love to see Miley get jumped by the censors... ;)

ANYWAY: The bugfix is nice, I didn't realize how much I'd miss the "Enter" key in chat until yesterday! The little green button doesn't really cut it. :)
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 29.01.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself. ;)

Ohh goodness between this and undertaker, i laughed too hard, too early.

Undertaker- i think you may need 2 1/2 for this one ;)
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    edited 29.01.2014
    Thanks for the fix , now ...if you only try to figure out what made the game so slow after yesterday updte it will be very nice, Im still experiencing terrible lag when moving the farm around ,CPU/memory usage is still unacceptable high for a browser game.
  • lioness61 (NL1)lioness61 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 4
    edited 29.01.2014
    I wil untherastamate this!! I by Gold, But i don't want to show it!!!!
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 30.01.2014
    Yes Tigrain makes a good point. While most issues are now fixed the game is still very slow and laggy on drop items during harvest and when you try to drag the farm across to gain access to the other side. This is quite irritating because I get paranoid that my computer has a virus but i'm thinking thats not the case since its happening to others as well.
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 30.01.2014
    the tower might be okay, but think its a waste of space and effort. it doesn't even tell us how many of each decos we have. I saw a skinny, long bridge the other day we could buy. think it was in prime time, but not sure about that. its not in the tower. would rather have had something to do while we wait and wait and wait for things to upgrade. when you get to higher levels this game is kinda boring, upgrade something then come back 12 or 14 hours later. liked it when I was at lower levels. something to do all the time.
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 30.01.2014

Hi FarmingGamer

The well spring of charity was not included in the tower, because it is no longer available :( sorry.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 30.01.2014
    Hey FarmingGamer,

the well spring of charity is currently not displayed in the deco tower as it is no longer obtainable though the charity event and could hence confuse all those who are now looking up which decorations they could still achieve.

All other decorations shown in that tower will return at one point or another, but for the well spring this might not happen, so we decided to not show it for now. If the old version of the charity event returns were ever to return in the future, it will of course be added to the tower again. :)

Regards,
    Steffi

Edit: whoops, should have reloaded the page, thanks for your reply, Tess! :D
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 30.01.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    the well spring of charity is currently not displayed in the deco tower as it is no longer obtainable though the charity event and could hence confuse all those who are now looking up which decorations they could still achieve.

So, the charity event is no longer available, or it has other reward?

If this was announced in the past, looks like I've missed it.. I'm sorry if the question is dumb :D
    edited 30.01.2014
    Tess and Nafaru :D

Ty , I don't have one but it is one beautiful decoration :)I competed twice for that but was at lower levels then :(
    Birdhouse also seen only once.So we get birdhouse again? :D
    edited 30.01.2014
    Alex_mosu wrote: »
    So, the charity event is no longer available, or it has other reward?

If this was announced in the past, looks like I've missed it.. I'm sorry if the question is dumb :D

It was a different reward with 90 happiness for the first three but now they modified and replaced it with telescope :)
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 30.01.2014
    Alex there is still the charity event. You used to get the well spring of charity if you were the top 3 donators. Then lesser prizes after. Now everyone gets the telescope, and it comes in 3 styles. The highest level goes to the highest donators. The update to read about it is here
  • randy60 (US1)randy60 (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    edited 30.01.2014
    The deco tower shows 4 styles.
  • woepsawoepsa Posts: 26
    edited 30.01.2014
    Thanks for the seeds, i hope they'll be useful to me on step 6 :)

I like the idea to put the library and tower in the village.
    I also like the idea that you can make dollars from workers visiting your tower. Maybe like 1000 dollar a day per collected deco. The tower can stay on main farm then.
    I finished 2 events so far, and both times had to build/destroy a lot and pay a little gold to finish it. Keeping it exciting! Still, the different difficulty settings got my attention.

Plus i'm curious about any news on the 4th farm. I think i play for about 10 months now, and it's still "Coming soon". Not very credible anymore.

About goldbuying complaints: If you play for ranking, you have to pay money. If you play for fun, you don't have to pay money. I don't know of any other game that doesn't work like this. So why would i care about heavy buying players getting a new barn or field or whatever? And why would i complain about it? Because other people get "more new goodies" than me and that's unfair? Sorry but that sounds petty.
    I agree that GGS is greedy, but aren't almost all developers? I know what i get into when i play games like this, and they're not surprising me, or tricking me out of money. I spent about 1 euro a month on this game. I also play a small game from a very small developer, that is less focussed on money, much more sympathetic. So i spend 20 euro's a month on it, i'm happy with them getting my money.
  • edited 31.01.2014
    .... annnnnddddd, you obviously don't do missions in this game then? Playing mission after mission and getting absolutely annihilated in all of them would not be my idea of fun.
  • FribbsFribbs Posts: 17
    edited 31.01.2014
    Yes you have that right. I know of 4 people including myself that are fed up with the direction game is going. Its not that good, graphics are old,cant even turn an item 3 directions which is ridiculous. That's my point, paying so much $$
    out for this mediocre game is gonna sink it, my opinion.
  • woepsawoepsa Posts: 26
    edited 31.01.2014
    @Undertaker133: Yup, i ignore the missions. Like blue barns etc, it's a heavy goldbuyer feature, so i'm not interested in it.
    The best feature in the game is the coop chat, and that's free! :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 01.02.2014
    Quick question about the gold fertile fields.......they are half the size of regular fields but require same amount of workers, why?
  • Wei Min2Wei Min2 Posts: 8
    edited 02.02.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    Quick question about the gold fertile fields.......they are half the size of regular fields but require same amount of workers, why?
    Hi gizmo22,
    It's the same production as normal fields, so the only saving is extra space, they'd been a lot better value if they needed less workers, but a bit more gold on blue house's you can put in more fields, with all the new fields you'll need 2 blue barns to store all the extra production.
    I think I'll give it a miss for now
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 02.02.2014
    so GGS wants you to pay cash for a 4x6 space then?

lol

good question on the bird house.
    If all the decos are supposed to be obtainable: why show the birdhouse?
    It's a 1 shot, take-it or leave-it, right?
    Plus, can you actually get all the versions?

Why not show the 2000 gold crowbar while you are at it?

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
Sign In to comment.