Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Tips For Growing In Your Fields!

edited 17.01.2014 in Tutorials and FAQs
Dear World,
I have been on the farm now for sometime and i thought that i would give you a little advice. Now i am Home schooled so i am on very often but these tips will be for everyone, Even the people who are hardly on at all.

1. WHEAT. Wheat takes along time to grow, 6 hours. You should grow wheat at night While your asleep or when you no you aren't going to be on for awhile.

2.CABBAGE. Cabbage takes a fair amount of time 45 minutes. I grow cabbage when i am getting off the Farm, because i know i will be on about the time that it is done.

3.CORN. Corn It takes 5 minutes to grow. I grow corn while i am on the farm.
Also corn is a good one to grow and sell. it might seem like Cabbage is the better deal but you can grow corn 9 time, in the time it takes to grow 1 cabbage.

4.WILD FLOWERS. Wild Flowers are wonderful, they grow in 2 minutes. They are good to grow when you have no money because they are free to grow. They only sell for $1 tho.

Well i hope this advice will help you. Please post to this Thread and tell me how you like it. I check it regularly.

Yours Truly,
Super Space Girl
Post edited by SuperSpaceGirl (GB1) on

Comments

• cedie3 (US1)cedie3 (US1) US1 Posts: 183
    edited 22.04.2013
    Some good tips, SuperSpaceGirl. Also, if you save your wheat it will fetch a very nice price. :)
  • edited 22.04.2013
    Thanks for posting. You are the first person to post here and that makes me so happy.

And about the WHEAT that is true. Wheat can go for a lot of money.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 22.04.2013
    Wild Flowers take 2 minutes to grow, not 1.

Ninjahuman
  • edited 22.04.2013
    Wild Flowers take 2 minutes to grow.
  • cedie3 (US1)cedie3 (US1) US1 Posts: 183
    edited 22.04.2013
    You're very welcome, fellow East Coast girl. Good happiness levels will save you a lot of money in production costs. :)
  • edited 23.04.2013
    yup! That's true too!
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 26.04.2013
    Wild Flowers take 2 minutes to grow.

I already know that. I made a typing error, that's all. I apologize for the typing error though.

Ninjahuman
  • edited 26.04.2013
    Thats okay.
  • farmerkit2farmerkit2 Posts: 177
    edited 27.04.2013
    Cabbage is even less money per minute than wheat is. Don't grow cabbage for selling.
  • vippppp4vippppp4 Posts: 1
    edited 23.05.2013
    apples sell for 44 per unit but the bets is if you are lvl 16 plant cherry orchards. cherries sell for 180 per unit
  • edited 23.05.2013
    Hi Vippppp4!

Yes it is true that cherries are worth more but i did the math and it is not a better deal:

Cherries take 12:00 hours to grow and for a level 1 cherry orchard makes 220 cherries which = $39,600

Apple take 3:00 hours to grow and for a level 1 apple orchard makes 325 apples which = $14,300

At first it might not seem like a better deal but you can grow 4 batches of Apples in the times it takes to grow 1 batch of Cherries.

Your total amount of Apple after harvesting 4 times for a level 1 Apple orchard in the time of 12:00 hours comes up to = 1300 Apples which = $57,200 after selling which = $17,600 more then selling Cherries.

Yours Truly,
    Super Space Girl :D
  • mia09873mia09873 Posts: 11
    edited 24.05.2013
    Great tips superspacegirl!:)
  • edited 24.05.2013
    Thanks Mia!
    I am going to make a few changes though tomorrow so be sure to check again.
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 24.05.2013
    superspacegirl - What about the running cost reductions?
  • edited 24.05.2013
    I am not too sure what you mean with that. I do know all about the running cost and happiness but, i did not add in the running cost, i just put together the amount once you sell the cherries and apples.

But i am going to do all the math very soon and be starting a new thread with all different happiness and stuff and starting a new thread in the not to distant future though.

And i will be making a couple of changes to this thread tomorrow.

Yours Truly,
    Super Space Girl :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 24.05.2013
    I Support the tips in which you gave about the farm management in relation to the planting different crops at different times but if you have enough coins you could fast forward the time if you really need the crop to make feed, or to complete a task.
  • Fibro_fog (US1)Fibro_fog (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    edited 28.05.2013
    What's the difference between cow feed, premium cow feed, and super cow feed? Also, do you have to use gold for anything other than cow feed?
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 28.05.2013
    Yeah to buy premium and super cow feed you need to pay gold.

Sometimes you can get them as reward for some of the tasks.

With Premium cow feed, you get XP while feeding and the running cost is zero.
    With Super Cow feed you get XP more than that of premium + zero running cost + increase in the number of milk.

You can check the no of milk you get for each level of the shed from the prodcut info.

To see the product info.

* Select the cow shed
    * Click on the blue i info button.
    * On the popup select the second tab (which has a house, tree and blue i symbol)
    * There you can see right and left arrow below the shed image. USe that to navigate between the level of the shed.

Left shows the level of the shed while right gives you the output informations.

* Down that one there will be another arrow, using that you can check the output for each type of feed.

I have attached an image of the popup for your reference.

Attachment not found.
  • hayat5hayat5 Posts: 1
    edited 28.05.2013
    quite helping
  • TishaColes2TishaColes2 Posts: 4
    edited 22.06.2013
    thank you so much for the post really helping me .. so would you say its better too get more apple orch. or upgrade them
  • edited 22.06.2013
    i would say you should get another apple orchard.
    i make so much more money with my 2ed one.

And i am glad to help.

~Space~
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 22.06.2013
    Having or not having a cherry orchard is indeed very discussable. If you make it as soon as the quest comes up, it is véry hard to keep it fertilized. But as Elizabeth said in another topic, as soon as you get the gourmet farm, it is nice to have some cherries, to make the juice overnight.

Apple orchards are definitely the most profitable thing to have at first, because they take less fertilizer (so you need less poop) but when you get the gourmet farm, you're gonna want a cherry orchard.
    I think I was around lvl 25 or so when the cherry orchard came out, and I have had little problems to keep it running up till recently.

Apple orchards make you more money in 12 hours then cherries, but a day has 24 hours and a part of that you will be asleep (I assume :P) The cherry orchard, if planted at the right time, will run all night, where the apples will be sitting still, ready for harvest after 3 hours, while you enjoy your beauty sleep.
  • MoonlimeMoonlime Posts: 116
    edited 17.01.2014
    Thanks for the tips!
  • minadequate2minadequate2 Posts: 93
    edited 17.01.2014
    its useful to have the cherry orchard for overnight etc (once you are high enough level to be making enough fertiliser) but 1 lot of cherries needs 3x the fertiliser that apples need but the cherries sell for less than 3x apples... so really until you have allot of fertiliser and a food farm to make cherry juice, a cherry orchard shouldn't be a high proirity unless you play infrequently.
Sign In to comment.