Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Aw come on! Architect GONE already?

:thumbdown:

Damn it all!!!!! (YES I'm cussin. Be glad I didn't put what I'm thinking.)

I went to bed late. (USA late. I do realize this game is hosted on the other side of the pond.) NO architect when I went to bed. Been waiting forever. I NEED a house upgrade. Bad. Can't do anything with no workers. Sure he wouldn't appear after midnight I got a barn upgrade going.

So... I get up in the middle of the night. Harvest, replant, and YEA there he is.
Only I can't use him because of the barn. SO ok, he should be around in six hours right?

It's now 9:40 am where I am. And already he's gone!

Does he swoop in at midnight and is out before sunrise?
I did manage to get a chicken coop in another of my farms upgrading. That will take FIFTEEN HOURS!!!! And yet the guy doing the work sneaks in during the night and sneaks right back out again?

Come on guys, how about a few fixes to this.
1. A little heads up when he's coming? You put out that STUPID newspaper every single time I log in. Why not put it in there. "He's coming, be here in a few days."
Like that. Should be easy.

2. How about some info on just how long he will stay?
I MIGHT have opted to rush my barn upgrade in order to get a house going.

3. And how about considering the time of day on ALL sides of the world. I can only imagine there are quite a few players here in the states. Most people do not get up in the middle of the night to check a game.

Please fix this. Or at least bring him back for a follow up visit.
Put him on a fixed schedule. That would be nice. 1st and 15th of every month.
Easy.
Post edited by FlowerChild (INT1) on

Comments

• amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 14.01.2014
    It is absolutely ridiculous. I've been waiting to upgrade my composter. Have had everything on hold upgrade-wise for 3 days waiting on Steve's lazy carcass. Even the composter has been idle the entire time. Log on and off at 3am CST here in the US. No Steve. Log back into the game just before 9am and he has been and gone already. Please just remove the feature if you can't implement it with any degree of foresight or intelligence whatsoever.
  • Farmer DJ1Farmer DJ1 Posts: 138
    edited 14.01.2014
    He will be back today,And further more he is early.
    He shouldnt be here untill at least the 20th or later.
    Some people think he comes every 1 or 2 weeks well that is not the case.
    Futher to add,Steve hangs around for 4 to 5 hours each visit,So why not run your compostor 3 hours each time to go along with the apples,then running 8-12 hours over night when your in bed,That way you keep it running and you can catch steve.
  • FlowerChild (INT1)FlowerChild (INT1) Posts: 127
    edited 14.01.2014
    Farmer DJ1 wrote: »
    He will be back today,And further more he is early.
    He shouldnt be here untill at least the 20th or later.
    Some people think he comes every 1 or 2 weeks well that is not the case.

How do you know he shouldn't be here till the 20th? Is there a schedule I don't know about?

Glad to know he will be back today. Thanks for telling us.
    But again, how do you know that?

Some kind of schedule would sure be nice. I could work around what ever schedule they come up with.
    Just let us know, ya know?

Think about it. If you hired a real architect, you would know when he's going to show up right? He wouldn't float in for a few hours and leave.

And how about when he does show up, he has to stay at LEAST as long, as the longest upgrade possible? Gives us time to let something already started finish and put him to use.
    edited 14.01.2014
    He comes every 3 or 4 weeks,There is no schedule.
    And he visits 3 times a day,so everybody around the world has a shot at him lol.
    edited 14.01.2014
    He came 2 or 3 times in a day last time he made an appearance. That is a new development, he doesn't usually appear that way. Or he hasn't that I recall. In any event, he has a monopoly and that ain't cool. I want to hire an architect that I can depend on, not some boozer who shows up in the middle of the night for a few minutes once or twice a month. Seriously, who hires that architect in the real world?
    edited 14.01.2014
    Nothing new about steve showing up 3 times a day.
    Your statement is false also lol.
    edited 14.01.2014
    And your statement about him showing up on the 20th was true?
    edited 14.01.2014
    No it wasnt,But i dont stop production waiting for him.
    Im not stupid lol.
    edited 14.01.2014
    In any event, he has a monopoly and that ain't cool. I want to hire an architect that I can depend on, not some boozer who shows up in the middle of the night for a few minutes once or twice a month. Seriously, who hires that architect in the real world?

OMG this is funny. Some boozer. lol. He does kinda look like he's had a few. (six packs.)
    Thanks for that.

I seem to remember last time he did show up twice. I thought it was just a glitch.

So ok, I'll wait. And watch in case he flies by in a hurry again. (On his way to the bar no doubt.)
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 14.01.2014
    Daytona has tabulated his apearances here .

So far I have seen him on Sep 12, Sep 26, Oct 20, Nov 15, Dec 1, Dec 8, 31 Dec and now Jan 14

He has mainly come three times per day, but sometimes twice and once, just the once. He has stayed for as little as 3 hours and as long as 10 hours 30min.

The number of days between has varied from just 7 to 21.

I really don't think there have been enough appearances to second guess him and estimate when he will appear

And I rather think that is the point
    edited 14.01.2014
    Doesn't seem there is any real pattern. I think they stick him in when ever he fits and hasn't been around in awhile.
    I just wish they either let him stay long enough to be useful, or something.

ya know, the ones selling stuff for gold seem to come all the time and stick around for days.
    WTH?
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 14.01.2014
    OMG he is back!
  • edited 14.01.2014
    Put him on a fixed schedule. That would be nice. 1st and 15th of every month.
    Easy.

You know what??...let's also leave him a small note so he knows what you need to upgrade?
    Than he can start on your farm whenever he appears and you are not there....... (/sarcasm mode out)

Just like all the start of all the events, the fun of the game is that you do not know when he will appear or how long he will be staying.
    Otherwise it will make it far to easy, because than you can easely plan it....and were is the fun in that?

Just hope that he will be coming again today. :-)

EDIT: There he is....a lot of crying without reason.
    Were is the patience now a days?

Rome also wasn't build in a day! ^^
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 14.01.2014
    Lol, predicting when Steve will come up is like trying to predict when it's going to rain :D Now let's gaze up at the stars and predict :p
    edited 14.01.2014
    OMG he is here right now though!
    edited 14.01.2014
    OH YEA!!!!! FINALLY I have a house upgrading. YEA YEA YEA.....

now if only he would stick around. Got two coops and a field I'd also like to upgrade. But... I'm sure he'll be heading back to the bar before the house is done.
    Oh well. With 5 new workers I can get quite a bit done.
    edited 14.01.2014
    Finally have him working on my composter. Guess he can't mess that up working while he's loaded...
    edited 14.01.2014
    You and I can both do happy dances now.
    edited 14.01.2014
    Sure would be nice if we also got a little warning before he's about to leave. One of the few things worth a little gold is to pay to finish something and get him started on something else before he heads back to the bar for a few weeks. lol.
    edited 14.01.2014
    Well there ya go. 5 1/2 hours to go for my one little house upgrade. It's over 600 gold if I push it now. Which is better than half of what I have. Do I gamble? Hope he lasts that long? Did that the past several times he showed up and lost that one. So NO upgrade. And they got NO gold.

now.... If I got a warning, a "last call" so to speak, I'd know. And just might (likely) spend it.

But when he just goes poof, your done, then they LOST gold. And I'll just have to wait till next time.

Meanwhile, I will have plenty to upgrade with only 5 new workers. So not really a loss.

GG you really need to rethink this. It's a good idea but needs some work to make it the most profitable to you, and less of a royal pain to us.

Thank you.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 14.01.2014
    lol omgoodness this was too funny!! i got so frustrated too. hehehehehehe . i love the architech...he is gone so so fast. and it seems i am always upgrading something. but when i see monica exchange it is a hint that steve may be coming around. happy farming everyone!
    edited 14.01.2014
    Well and there he goes. 632 gold I WOULD HAVE SPENT if only I got a last call warning.

So goodgame got nothing. I'll just wait till his next fleet visit.

Saved me some gold though. Thanks!
    edited 14.01.2014
    He's gone and I still have 17 hours left on my composter upgrade. Makes you wonder who he left in charge. (Disturbing images of plumbers crack and 100 empty cans of Milwaukee's Best comes to mind...)

Seriously though, the "mystery" of Steve's appearance adds nothing to the quality of the game in this case. And it certainly adds no coin to the corporate pocket.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 15.01.2014
    Suggestion: A prime time that gives you a private visit from the architect for a full 24 hours or more.
    edited 15.01.2014
    He's gone and I still have 17 hours left on my composter upgrade. Makes you wonder who he left in charge. (Disturbing images of plumbers crack and 100 empty cans of Milwaukee's Best comes to mind...)

Seriously though, the "mystery" of Steve's appearance adds nothing to the quality of the game in this case. And it certainly adds no coin to the corporate pocket.

OMG you crack me up! "Plumbers crack..." eeeewwwwwww.

Well they got a little bit of gold from me. He appeared a third time. This time, with only a little over an hour to go on a house, I went ahead and rushed it. (Two farms actually.) So he, and his team of crack exposing, beer drinking helpers got put to work.
    edited 15.01.2014
    OMG you crack me up! "Plumbers crack..." eeeewwwwwww.

Well they got a little bit of gold from me. He appeared a third time. This time, with only a little over an hour to go on a house, I went ahead and rushed it. (Two farms actually.) So he, and his team of crack exposing, beer drinking helpers got put to work.

You used him TWICE??? Hope he didn't pull a muscle or we might not see him again for 6 months. And I do hope you are willing to pay his worker's comp bill when he sues us over your abuse of his valuable physical resources.
  • HazbeanHazbean Posts: 13
    edited 15.01.2014
    Surely we should pay the architect his astronomical fee when he's there and then at some point in the next two weeks after you've left 200 messages and threatened to sue him you wake up in the morning to find it's done. That way it'd be both random and realistic...
  • edited 15.01.2014
    lol... Yes, but also, you would have to ring him back after the job's done to let him know that he's made a major design fault in his work and that now, the roof's leaking, the termite barrier has been installed on the second floor, not the ground floor, the outhouse has been installed at the wrong address and he's overcharged by 200%....

... if it was realistic. Actually, who ever heard of an architect getting his hands dirty and actually doing the work?
    edited 15.01.2014
    You shoulda known what you were getting into when you signed the contract, Undertaker. I mean, seriously, what kind of architect shows up with a huge pipe wrench in his hand, anyway?
    edited 15.01.2014
    Wiley Coyote and the Acme Co. :) NONE of his contraptions work either.
    hehe.
    Steve better show up ON TIME and be ready to work;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file