Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Feeding Coop Dogs

PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
Hi all,

I would like to ask the developers to be nice (nicer) and change the settings in a way that we are able to feed the dogs of our coop fellow members.

The village is depicted in a way that all the people in a coop are neighbors, and it is the neighborly thing to do to feed the poor dogs is it not ?

We have to visit our neighbors to water the trees (silly thing watering trees !!!) anyway, we might as well bring some food for the dogs with us ^^
Post edited by PCA (GB1) on

Comments

• bibike822bibike822 Posts: 34
    edited 05.12.2013
    really nice idea, i feel sorry for them when they are hungry and i can't give them something when i visit :)
  • rishi4rishi4 Posts: 156
    edited 05.12.2013
    A good suggestion I agree :)
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 05.12.2013
    I have one question. What would this do for anyone?? The happiness of the dog only matters if the person is on the farm working, they can just feed their own dog. I don't think it is healthy to over feed your dog. Maybe 2 questions. What is your idea about what this feeding would do for your co-op members??

It isn't a bad idea and I have seen the suggestion many times but with no clear purpose to feeding. So maybe if someone has a purpose for this feeding that fits how the dog works now the developers might look into the idea.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 05.12.2013
    ElizabethK wrote: »
    I have one question. What would this do for anyone?? The happiness of the dog only matters if the person is on the farm working, they can just feed their own dog. I don't think it is healthy to over feed your dog. Maybe 2 questions. What is your idea about what this feeding would do for your co-op members??

It isn't a bad idea and I have seen the suggestion many times but with no clear purpose to feeding. So maybe if someone has a purpose for this feeding that fits how the dog works now the developers might look into the idea.

This is a very good idea, but make it so anyone can feed anybody elses dog, not just restrict it to cooperative members. And a clear purpose? Two of them. (1) So you can enjoy your visit without getting ear ache and (2) you can cease feeling sad for the dog.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 05.12.2013
    Pameow wrote: »
    This is a very good idea, but make it so anyone can feed anybody elses dog, not just restrict it to cooperative members. And a clear purpose? Two of them. (1) So you can enjoy your visit without getting ear ache and (2) you can cease feeling sad for the dog.

But those purposes don't have anything to do with the game; they're personal preference. Would there be a point for this suggestion within the scope of how the game works?
    edited 05.12.2013
    Whoops, double post. Bork bork bork.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 05.12.2013
    Hi,

thank you all for replying with suggestions and questions. My idea was to keep building around the coop part of the game and make use of more options.

Feeding our neighbors' dogs could be constructed as a friendly task. It could cost a little cash (we bring food) and could be rewarded, for example by reputation points.

I did notice you can only interact with dogs of farmers who joined a coop, but I would restrict it to your own coop, as part of the collective tasks, similarly to watering the trees. It would be an incentive imo :)

This would not have anything to do with feeding a poor starving pet obviously, though I do agree with Bibike and Pameow that even just feeding the dogs would help psychologically when you visit your mates' farms

:)
  • xxx562xxx562 Posts: 24
    edited 05.12.2013
    how about xp like when you train your dog?
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 05.12.2013
    Not a fan of this sorry. I don't really like the idea of going to water and feed someone else dog, especially if they are not in my co-op. I don't want to have other people on my farm either LOL--creeps me out. I want my farm to be a measure of MY success, not dependent on whether someone else watered the dog.
  • Farmer DJ1Farmer DJ1 Posts: 138
    edited 05.12.2013
    I dont want anybody to feed my Dog,AS it is throwing my timing off,If my Dog needs food when im alsleep It doesnt matter because if not losing because im not playing.
    My Dog and Goats get food at the same time.
    If GGS add this ,I could say why not add the windmill,I could ask A friend to keep my pig Food going,Because feed somebody elses Dog will turn into this,Why not harvest my fields too lol.
    edited 05.12.2013
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    But those purposes don't have anything to do with the game; they're personal preference. Would there be a point for this suggestion within the scope of how the game works?

maybe it could create an additional trick or something? for ex when you give other people's dogs a small bone X times, you unlock a new trick for your own dog to train (why: because you're nice for those little cuties ;) ). that trick could give XP which could increase everytime you pass an amount of times you did this. there could be a limit on how much bones your own dog can get.

personally i don't mind that this 'action' gives anything at all, it's just a thought.
    edited 05.12.2013
    If Dogs get bones like you said,You open up the points of meat in the game lol.
    edited 05.12.2013
    Farmer DJ1 wrote: »
    If Dogs get bones like you said,You open up the points of meat in the game lol.[/QUOTE

a small dogbiscuit or candy then ;)
    edited 05.12.2013
    My dog doesnt eat such rubbish lol
    My Dog eats Meat Bones
    edited 05.12.2013
    really? mine starts dancing when i open that box :)
    edited 05.12.2013
    Sure it does,Have you checked your Dogs Dung lol After eating such rubbish,I feel sorry for the dog soft watery and sits there for 10mins,Not hard and soild and finshed in 2 mins,Give ur Dog some real food lol.
    edited 05.12.2013
    1) it's not food, it's complementary
    2) it's a composition of cereals, vegetable and meat
    3) no need to be rude

on topic: the suggestion was to give something which has nothing to do with the happiness, you would still need to feed your own dog to recieve that
    edited 05.12.2013
    Farmer DJ1 wrote: »
    Sure it does,Have you checked your Dogs Dung lol After eating such rubbish,I feel sorry for the dog soft watery and sits there for 10mins,Not hard and soild and finshed in 2 mins

So that was probably more than I ever needed to know about dog poop habits. :P

Also, "a composition of cereals, vegetable and meat" would still involve meat which goes against GGS's policy...
    edited 05.12.2013
    Well you know Now loooooooool.
    By the way where i live ,We pick up Doggy dung,And not leaving it lying around.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 05.12.2013
    What about large co-ops? We have 59 farmers in our co-op. Takes forever just to water the trees. Not that much fun. Add 58 dogs to the chore and it becomes a dreadful task.
    edited 06.12.2013
    jaystarr2 wrote: »

Personal preferences have everything to do with the game. Thats why you decide how many of each building you build, and what levels they should be. If coding takes no notice of personal preferences any game will go downhill fast. Thats just as valid a type of purpose as is a purpose within the scope of how the game works.
    edited 06.12.2013
    Eh Can you repeat that.
    My personal preference is nobody feeds my DOG.
    edited 06.12.2013
    Personal preferences have everything to do with the game. Thats why you decide how many of each building you build, and what levels they should be. If coding takes no notice of personal preferences any game will go downhill fast. Thats just as valid a type of purpose as is a purpose within the scope of how the game works.

Sure, but "I want buildings here on my land" is exercising a preference that is directly relevant to the game, whereas "This dog is whiny and hurts my ears" is not. And the suggestion seems to fall into the latter category. I'm not sure how to articulate it exactly, but it seems that the applicability of personal preference in the latter case is something that devs don't need to attend to, since that seems to be outside game parameters. (For example, you could turn the sound off your computer, and that's exercising a personal preference but not necessarily going to affect how you play the game.)
    edited 06.12.2013
    Too much personal perferences here,but never mind,I done seem to recall anybody asking for level 7 on the main farm,So you use your Personal Perfences to upgrade or not since its in the game.GGS is making the game and lots of things are not to everybodys Personal Perfences,But when it comes to things In my Farm IE dog i would like to have a say Nobody feeds it or can i disable it so Nobody can feed it.
    Good night.
  • agueda3agueda3 Posts: 583
    edited 06.12.2013
    I like the idea of having the choice to feed any player dogs if also we can have the option so say no to the players that dont wish that to happen, It is sad to see the puppy holding the bowl waiting to be fed while visiting farms. For the players that are at work maybe they will appreciate and get back to the game with the dog waiting with a gift to be collected instead of waiting to be fed. Also in reply to post #8 while visiting any player farm either player being in a coop or not you can pet the dog and by clicking on it it will drop and roll to have a belly rub as long as its moving around the farm.
    edited 06.12.2013
    People that do not want their dog fed need to be able to have the option to not allow that. That is a personal preference. So personal preferences are important, and fundamental. I would like the abiltity to click the dog on a visit so the sound stops. I should not be obliged to go to settings each visit to turn off all sound, and then go back and turn it on again after the visit.. So lets call it not *feed* the dog, perhaps say *pat* the dog. Would that be acceptable? Pat the dog removes the noise. And what is wrong with removing an adversive stimuli such as cruel, hungry dog noise? We shouldn't even have to ask.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 07.12.2013
    ...And what is wrong with removing an adversive stimuli such as cruel, hungry dog noise? We shouldn't even have to ask.

Might as well let the dogs fight. I bring my dog to your farm and let em go at it. Silly yes, but not that big a stretch from just letting them starve. And I do separate these cartoon dogs from the real thing. I keep the sound off anyway but Pameow makes a valid point.
  • 348User348User Posts: 7
    edited 26.12.2013
    Can we please feed a co-op members dog who hasn't been fed in 3 days?
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 26.12.2013
    Okay I turned the sound on and oh my that is a pitiful sound!
  • dori777 (US1)dori777 (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 12.07.2014
    I don't like hearing the dog cry on others farms when i go to water trees. I think we should be able to feed them. I think more interaction with our team/ coop would only make it better!8)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file