Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 03.10.2013
    I think this has pretty well happened to lots of people. I have had to just slow down when clicking and I also moved my fields further away from each other as this is where it would happen a lot. Having something like this would definitely be a bonus!
  • Marcella59Marcella59 Posts: 59
    edited 03.10.2013
    Sounds like a winning idea to me also as I have lost my share of gold.
  • Marianne4Marianne4 Posts: 14
    edited 03.10.2013
    Yeah that's a good idea. Hope they will take necessary action re.same.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 04.10.2013
    Hey guys,

the idea is great on paper, but I can already imagine the hundreds and hundreds of tickets complaining about "the skip feature not working anymore" because people disabled it by accident or by browsing through the options :D One golden rule for our game design is: Even if the game gets complicated in rules, try to keep the user interface as simple as possible for everyone. That's why we usually don't want to push all kinds of options and switches into the options menu.

BUT we're thinking about a way to "undo" accidental gold expenses (because no, we actually don't want to trick you into spending gold you don't want to spend ^^), it might take a few updates until we have something usable and final though.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 04.10.2013
    Latten wrote: »
    BUT we're thinking about a way to "undo" accidental gold expenses (because no, we actually don't want to trick you into spending gold you don't want to spend ^^), it might take a few updates until we have something usable and final though.

Wauw, thát sounds like a totally awesomesauce update! Great that you all are thinking about it!!
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 04.10.2013
    That would be great! I stupidly was trying to donate wildflowers for the fairytale event and hit the "skip" button instead, and spent like 5 minutes banging my head on my desk. Having an "undo" button (or even a time period in which you could undo gold spending) would be fantastic and so user-friendly.
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 05.10.2013
    i agree i accidentally used most of my gold today while doing a task in the fairytale event. i thought i was just looking to see how much it would cost to buy apples it should at least say are you sure before using gold.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 07.10.2013
    I doubt they will add such a feature. This is a no-ad game which derives its only income from gold sales. One would expect them to try to sell as much of it as they can. Kinda scammy, I admit, but a better solution would be to simply add an "Are you sure you want to spend X gold on this?" feature. That way they still would have the chance to encourage players to use gold and at the same time avoid a mountain of CS tickets resulting from accidentally spent gold.
  • runner222runner222 Posts: 2
    edited 18.10.2013
    i don't get how would this confirmation button for skipping gold or undo button COMPLICATE the "user friendly" game?
    It would actually make it much better for majority of the users. because space on the farms are really tight and i can bet at one time or the other everyone has used gold for skipping task they weren't even thinking of - most probably trying to select building next to it. Happened to me over 10 times since i have been playing.
    This needs to be fixed. At least a confirmation button on the SKIP for Gold option won't make it "user unfriendly"
  • omiritaomirita Posts: 1
    edited 18.10.2013
    i can't buy gold with my ideal. How come?
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 18.10.2013
    omirita

If you are having problems buying gold you will need to go to support and make sure you tell them as clearly as you can, what the problem is. Good luck.
  • Antigone (US1)Antigone (US1) Posts: 8
    edited 19.10.2013
    Why not simply ask to confirm the skip. At the moment, the instant you click on skip it is done. Why not ask if you really want to skip and then you have to confirm or cancel.

That is the easiest way to prevent it. No undo required.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 19.10.2013
    Hecate2 wrote: »
    Why not simply ask to confirm the skip. At the moment, the instant you click on skip it is done. Why not ask if you really want to skip and then you have to confirm or cancel.

That is the easiest way to prevent it. No undo required.

Because there would be cases where this would NOT be desirable, e.g. if you are a golder in a mission, that's an extra click every time you want to harvest.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 13.11.2013
    Hey guys,

the idea is great on paper, but I can already imagine the hundreds and hundreds of tickets complaining about "the skip feature not working anymore" because people disabled it by accident or by browsing through the options :D One golden rule for our game design is: Even if the game gets complicated in rules, try to keep the user interface as simple as possible for everyone. That's why we usually don't want to push all kinds of options and switches into the options menu.

I think your response is interesting as my original post is about an upgrade to a gold purchased special building. Since there are only a few buildings that require gold to upgrade (4), then it could be a simple process to add a "confirm upgrade" feature on these four buildings.

There are many people who have accidentally skipped production or building times with gold mostly because there is just no room for us to navigate the farm. It's incredibly easy to accidently skip a production of a building next to something you want to harvest.

I don't think these would be the people who would write the complaint tickets about "the skip feature not working anymore." Yet these are the majority of the people seeking solace in this forum who would embrace this feature. We're only trying to use our rarely bought or scrupulously saved gold in meaningful ways.

My personal story of losing gold was when my screen froze while loading up. I clicked and dragged the mouse around to try and get the page to load up. The page unfroze and suddenly I realized that my mine was upgrading; a huge 19,500 gold was gone. I freaked out because this was such a ridiculous accident and the mine is basically an unused structure since I rarely get mining tickets. I contacted Big Farm about my problem and I got back a message that said that all gold spending, whether intentional or accidental, is final and irreversible. Also a "we hope you will continue to play the game." I would LOVE to have any way of getting this mine reversed and my gold credited back if it could be done!
  • Local YokelLocal Yokel Posts: 2
    edited 14.11.2013
    Please GGS give us an option to undo accidental spending of gold - I've just wasted some skipping my house upgrade when I should have been harvesting a chicken coop. It is very annoying to waste gold in this way.
  • Gamage2Gamage2 Posts: 10
    edited 15.11.2013
    I give my thumbs up for Cameron's idea to introduce skip button with on/off facility. Tks Cameron bring up this for GGS attention.
  • All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 15.11.2013
    Agreed. I don't spend real money on the game so it takes awhile to save up gold. Having a safety guard will help with those unintentional clicks.
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 15.11.2013
    Concur w/ last
  • camii893camii893 Posts: 251
    edited 15.11.2013
    Gamage2 wrote: »
    I give my thumbs up for Cameron's idea to introduce skip button with on/off facility. Tks Cameron bring up this for GGS attention.

Awe - thank you Gamage, you're too sweet!
  • Kristen38Kristen38 Posts: 3
    edited 31.03.2014
    To the goodgame Big Farm Tech workers- I and probably many other players that cannot afford to purchase gold would like window or something to pop up when spending gold. This has happened to me before and I always let it go, I have never contacted support about it, this time I am a bit upset since I lost over 500 gold by accidentally clicking on the fast forward arrow button. Maybe when spending gold there can be a pop up window asking Are you sure you want to spend -amount- of gold on -action-? Even if the pop up window only comes up when the amount of gold is over 100. I know this would be greatly appreciated by me and probably others as well. Thank you.
    Post edited by Kristen38 on
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 06.12.2013
    Sorry it happened to you too Kristen. This is probably the 80th thread created about this same topic. Unfortunately, at this time not much can be done. Farm safe, take your time and careful where you click.
  • ElingoldElingold Posts: 18
    edited 06.12.2013
    Ack twice in two days i've hit the wrong button and spent a LOT of gold I didn't intend to spend. One was trying to harvest some eggs near a building that was in upgrade and I was a little off and it took about 1000.. then today I was contributing collections to our coop and accidentally hit the little shopping cart icon rather than the regular contribute icon.. so another 1000+ down the shoot for no reason (I had enough items to make the contrib). Not all of us have the greatest eyes and although I"m happy to buy some gold etc for the game I do not want to waste it on stupid things that I do not need. Please PLEASE put a confirmation whenever spending gold.

thanks. I know this has been talked about before but I just got hit with it again so I thought I'd bring it up. Otherwise this is a very fun game !

-e
  • rishi4rishi4 Posts: 156
    edited 06.12.2013
    I am sorry to hear about your misfortune :(

Sorry to hear that Kristen38. As SirGeorge said above, many people have had this issue.

Farm safe :)

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 06.12.2013
    yes I've done it too. clicked and bought a bee by accident and to top it off I didn't win any rose seeds!

I also put more space between my fields because that is where I skipped the most often.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 06.12.2013
    Hey Elingold,

before you give up, please consider writing a ticket to our support team :) I won't say they can help and give back all your gold (because they usually cannot, since you actively spent it - even by accident), but if you explain the situation, it's not impossible that you may get some help :) It's worth a try!

Greetings,
    Timo
  • nienke76 (NL1)nienke76 (NL1) Posts: 44
    edited 06.12.2013
    It happened to me too. I would really appreciate a confirmation button as well. I spend some gold sometimes too, no problem but when it gets wasted it really bothers me.
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 06.12.2013
    I have just merged 2 threads from today with same problem/suggestion.

Tess
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 06.12.2013
    Hey Elingold,

before you give up, please consider writing a ticket to our support team :) I won't say they can help and give back all your gold (because they usually cannot, since you actively spent it - even by accident), but if you explain the situation, it's not impossible that you may get some help :) It's worth a try!

Greetings,
    Timo

Latten, I appreciate you are trying to offer some help to Elingold. I did contact the support team about my loss in gold, which was 19500 accidently spent on upgrading the mine when all I was trying to do was get my game to load up when I logged in. I did not get any compensation, or reversal for the error. I was told no matter how gold was spent, it was permanent, an all sales are final explanation, and that was that. I really, REALLY hope that this could be reversed. I can't believe we can get a "are you sure" window when you want to demolish a patch of undergrowth, but we cannot get one for building upgrades requiring gold? I look forward to the day where we can contact GGS about accidental gold spending that is especially significant, such as Elingold's or my situation.

Happy holidays to you all.
  • mipie11mipie11 Posts: 130
    edited 07.12.2013
    I REALLY think something should be done about this because this is happening WAAAAYYYYY too often!
  • ElingoldElingold Posts: 18
    edited 07.12.2013
    the first time I was playing zoomed out and forgot I could zoom in .. so the pay gold button was really close to the chickens. I was super careful a bunch of times but messed up that once. Then I said 'Elingold-- when they are that close ZOOM IN' .. so then I thought I'll never do that again. But then I went and did it again within the coop section I was just kicking myself.. the buttons are only about 5 mm away from each other.. grr. I did submit a support ticket but I don't expect to get the gold back. I do think a confirm dialog would be a very nice addition to this part of the game however.
    thanks

-e
This discussion has been closed.