Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 26th - Project: Projects - Discussion

Comments

• Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 27.11.2013
    New Information regarding the Chicken and The egg problem: If you guys started it before the update and are now unable to complete it, because it's just too little time to finish it due to the new objectives, please write to support, and you too will be granted 5000 gold for your cooperative :)

As already said, the Coops who ran into the "Egg scramble" bug, which completely stops your progress, don't need to contact support - they will get the 5000 gold later today.
  • berit (SKN1)berit (SKN1) Posts: 9
    edited 27.11.2013
    Please please make a projekt where we can play our missions again. in my coop people laught and enjoy playing the missions. nobody said all have to play all of the projekt.the one who wont play missions can play some of the others projekt
  • RaquelCesar (GB1)RaquelCesar (GB1) GB1 Posts: 55
    edited 27.11.2013
    Latten wrote: »
    New Information regarding the Chicken and The egg problem: If you guys started it before the update and are now unable to complete it, because it's just too little time to finish it due to the new objectives, please write to support, and you too will be granted 5000 gold for your cooperative :)

Thank you, Latten! :)
  • BobbieJ2BobbieJ2 Posts: 2
    edited 27.11.2013
    Yep - If you try and build it says you have reached the maximum.
    Bit of a daft update as far as I am concerned as you will have to first sell off your excess to be able to take advantage of the new building.
    This is quite a problem especially with the likes of feed, fertilizer, humus etc which you cannot sell until your storage is totally full !!

Not great as far as I am concerned
  • pumpingboy (GB1)pumpingboy (GB1) Posts: 51
    edited 27.11.2013
    BobbieJ2 wrote: »
    Yep - If you try and build it says you have reached the maximum.
    Bit of a daft update as far as I am concerned as you will have to first sell off your excess to be able to take advantage of the new building.
    This is quite a problem especially with the likes of feed, fertilizer, humus etc which you cannot sell until your storage is totally full !!
    Not great as far as I am concerned

if you are talking about barn upgrades

then you can demolish your red ones you have now one 1st then build new blue one then demolish your next red one then build blue one and you will not loose what you already had in your red barns.
    i have just done it and i did not loose anything i had stored in the red barns
  • MartiBart (GB1)MartiBart (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3
    edited 27.11.2013
    Please bring back the STAFF!!
  • MartiBart (GB1)MartiBart (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3
    edited 27.11.2013
    Thank you, Latten! :)

Hi Latten, my team were into the Chicken and Egg project when everything changed, we are really struggling to get the eggs finished!! I think we'll manage, but it's a pain, particularly as the STAFF have now been withdrawn;(!!
    edited 27.11.2013
    Hey MartiBart,

please write a ticket to support, they'll try to help you out :)
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 27.11.2013
    We started a new project after the update (about 4 hours after) and there are still no shovels... Even though we're almost done with the project... This update is filled with bugs... Oh and my dog still DOES not work properly... Everyone says when you click it that it still gives you, your happiness...Not true... When i click mine then i go about my farm..> I pay farm dollars for it (with a happiness of 100, now to everyone who is going to check my farm out right now we're running a project and i have extras on... so yeah at the moment my happiness is not 100)... And its a pain to go from one farm to the next just to fix the dog bug.... Im almost through with this game... ALot of money wasted...
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 27.11.2013
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Heyhey,

the activity display takes a weighed median (that takes some other stuff into account as well) to show the participation results. Hence you will have to have started and finished 2 projects after the update in order for it to have enough data to calculate your results. :)

So after finishing the 2nd project, you should be able to see everybody's shovels. ^^

Regards,
    Steffi

Nafaru said that on another topic on this forum. That is why you don't see shovels yet.
    edited 27.11.2013
    I looked through several pages couldn't find it...thanks
  • buddybeau (US1)buddybeau (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 27.11.2013
    I would like to know when the shovels will be displayed for projects that are completed. We completed a project this morning. Do we have to do four more projects before anything is shown?
  • djgreeneyes (US1)djgreeneyes (US1) Posts: 1,766
    edited 28.11.2013
    See post #251 just above for this information.
  • edited 28.11.2013
    sooooooooooooooooo unfair
    now we have to collect 3200 chicken feed as well to complete a project
    why is that? they shouldve told us that before the update
    we were almost complete with eggs when this happened and now stuck with chicken feed

Ha ha... If I remember rightly, you were one of the people who was dead against the project including missions and wanted it change... They that sow the wind shall reap the whirlwind.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 28.11.2013
    Please remove the evil shovels (project actitivy) now:
    I not sure if there a good thing or not, I can see them being divisive & may end up splitting up Co-Op's, this is a tool that should have been for Co-Op leaders only.
    Today when we got the results from "egg scramble!" & within an hour we lost our 1st player, our lowest ranked player who felt of little worth to the co-op & left.
    We can't find any higher level players so we stopped looking & looked for over level 25 & try & bring them along with us, unless there is new growth the tree will die
    Not Happy
    George
    I posted this earlier today
  • Bosbes68 (NL1)Bosbes68 (NL1) Posts: 55
    edited 28.11.2013
    I was wondering about the same thing Flora, still no shovels. Lots of bugs again now that seemed repaired before as well. The mill keeps on turning again. I hope that, before any new additions to the game are introduced..., GGS will repair a lot of bugs (that dog....) first. Grtz Veer
  • tom24852tom24852 Posts: 50
    edited 28.11.2013
    VeerBee2 wrote: »
    I was wondering about the same thing Flora, still no shovels. Lots of bugs again now that seemed repaired before as well. The mill keeps on turning again. I hope that, before any new additions to the game are introduced..., GGS will repair a lot of bugs (that dog....) first. Grtz Veer

I hope your wish comes true.....because I have posted about "fixing the bugs before anything new is introduced" more than a couple of times in the forums....with no luck....as each new update brings more bugs....maybe we will get them all fixed for Christmas...:)
  • MalikBilal2MalikBilal2 Posts: 374
    edited 28.11.2013
    Ha ha... If I remember rightly, you were one of the people who was dead against the project including missions and wanted it change... They that sow the wind shall reap the whirlwind.

for u kind information it wasnt written anywhere that the project egg scramble will be changed
    edited 28.11.2013
    @tom Well that would be a nice x-mas present for all players.... they will fix things, eventually :D
    edited 28.11.2013
    Guys.

Okay. Let me just say a few things :)

- The shovels were added to the game, because the majority of users (internationally, not just this forum) wanted something like that. Players wanted to know, how they are ranked when it comes to helpfulness, how others compare during Projects and if they are doing "enough" to help the project and the coop.

- They do need a bit of calibrating, so if the results seem off now, they should be fine and somewhat realistic after 5-10 projects. Keep that in mind :)

- If you don't like the concept of the shovels, it's absolutely no problem at all to completely ignore them. You won't get anything out of it, and you won't miss anything when doing so. There are and will be no incentives, rewards or punishments that come with the shovel list :) It's actually just a feature we added because a lot of players wanted it.

- No, we won't take them out just yet ^^ Give them a few months to get used to them, and then we can talk - right now, they will stay and some coops out there will be very thankful for that :)

Have a great day, y'all,
    Timo
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 28.11.2013
    I like that the Shovels take into account the farmer's level, and a whole load of other things too, so that, if GGS have done the formula right, they will measure the effort taken. The effort made can be equal for high and lower levels even though the raw data would be much higher for the high level farmer
    edited 28.11.2013
    Latten wrote: »
    Guys.

Okay. Let me just say a few things :)

- The shovels were added to the game, because the majority of users (internationally, not just this forum) wanted something like that. Players wanted to know, how they are ranked when it comes to helpfulness, how others compare during Projects and if they are doing "enough" to help the project and the coop.

- They do need a bit of calibrating, so if the results seem off now, they should be fine and somewhat realistic after 5-10 projects. Keep that in mind :)

- If you don't like the concept of the shovels, it's absolutely no problem at all to completely ignore them. You won't get anything out of it, and you won't miss anything when doing so. There are and will be no incentives, rewards or punishments that come with the shovel list :) It's actually just a feature we added because a lot of players wanted it.

- No, we won't take them out just yet ^^ Give them a few months to get used to them, and then we can talk - right now, they will stay and some coops out there will be very thankful for that :)

Have a great day, y'all,
    Timo

Timo, we are very happy with the shovels-the idea. It would be just fun if we could actually see them :)
    We´ll wait and see what happens after a few projects. Grtz Veer
    edited 28.11.2013
    Latten we have finished 2 projects now, we can finally see the shovels and like them. Grtz Veer
  • edited 28.11.2013
    for u kind information it wasnt written anywhere that the project egg scramble will be changed

True... unfortunately, Egg Scramble became collateral damage when Chicken or the Egg was changed. Now, as you wanted to do a Humpty Dumpty on "Chicken or the Egg" when it wasn't broken in the first place.... Ah well... the eggs got well and truly scrambled. Hopefully all the Kaiser's horses and all the Kaiser's men will be working feverishly on repairing it. Until it gets fixed, Chicken or the Egg is now the worst project out of all ten: it is now so fried and cracked that it has discouraged my co-op from doing it, so you and others certainly poached it off us, which leaves some of us boiling and that's no yolk.
  • Terri-2013Terri-2013 Posts: 1
    edited 29.11.2013
    Hi there,

On the topic of projects Chicken or the Egg and co-op, being a new member I was asked to donate chicken feed. Was my co-op friend pulling my leg? I could not find any way to donate production products to the co-op. I could not find the project Chicken or the Egg project either.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 29.11.2013
    Terri-2013 wrote: »
    Hi there,

On the topic of projects Chicken or the Egg and co-op, being a new member I was asked to donate chicken feed. Was my co-op friend pulling my leg? I could not find any way to donate production products to the co-op. I could not find the project Chicken or the Egg project either.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
    You don't have to actually 'donate' chicken feed. You need to produce it and COLLECT it. All the feed you collect will be added the Projects's total. You keep the feed for chickens

Incidentally, whatever you collect will be automatically added to the co-op's total, but you need to refresh, the green circular arrow, to actually see that. But it will be counted whether you refresh or not
    edited 29.11.2013
    I think the idea of the shovels is a great idea... If you have a player online, you automatically think they help out. which may not be the case... And its a group effort...So i love the idea
  • yanaroxxyanaroxx Posts: 2,755
    edited 02.12.2013
    the upgrades of the new blue barn costs gold, right?
  • edited 02.12.2013
    Yes, the initial purchase of them, plus all upgrades cost gold: a cynical, money grabbing exercise which is discriminating against those who can't afford to buy that amount of gold.
  • yanaroxxyanaroxx Posts: 2,755
    edited 02.12.2013
    so basically, if i can't afford to upgrade the new blue barn, then it's not worth sacrificing a red barn which will give more storage if i can upgrade it?? *sigh* looks like this upgrade about new barns isn't much helpful for the non-gold buying players...
Sign In to comment.