Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 26th - Project: Projects - Discussion

Comments

• BarianBarian Posts: 109
    edited 26.11.2013
    And what about the Co-ops who *were* in Egg Scramble and are now in Chicken or Egg with no chance to finish it in the time allowed without heavy use of gold?
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 26.11.2013
    Barian wrote: »
    And what about the Co-ops who *were* in Egg Scramble and are now in Chicken or Egg with no chance to finish it in the time allowed without heavy use of gold?
    That's not the bug that is happening right now, if you would be affected, you could not finish the project.
    We're of course sorry about the sudden new task in the Chicken/Egg project, too, but that was to be expected with this update. You can write support though, I honestly don't know if they will compensate for that situation or not.
  • RaquelCesar (GB1)RaquelCesar (GB1) GB1 Posts: 55
    edited 26.11.2013
    Latten wrote: »
    We're of course sorry about the sudden new task in the Chicken/Egg project, too, but that was to be expected with this update. You can write support though, I honestly don't know if they will compensate for that situation or not.

How was that to be expected?? I don't see in the update announcement any reference to the egg scramble project being changed...
    edited 26.11.2013
    If it was expected, then maybe someone should have warned us about it in advance

"We are going to swap the Egg Scramble & Chicken or Egg projects, I advise not doing either while the update happens"

Wouldn't have been too hard would it?
  • FarmingGamerFarmingGamer Posts: 107
    edited 26.11.2013
    Latten,

Now the Developers did favor to the New Egg scramble(Old chicken Egg with Reps) as their progress bar is stopped.And in return compensation for them.

What about us who is facing the problem?Not them!!

We are mentioning about Old Egg Scramble(New Chicken Egg)

I just give up

Bye
    edited 26.11.2013
    Latten,

Now the Developers did favor to the New Egg scramble(Old chicken Egg with Reps) as their progress bar is stopped.And in return compensation for them.

What about us who is facing the problem?Not them!!

We are mentioning about Old Egg Scramble(New Chicken Egg)

I just give up

Bye

Hey FarmingGamer,

I recommend sending a Ticket over to our Support team, I'm sure they will find a solution :)
  • Gyjoh31 (US1)Gyjoh31 (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    edited 26.11.2013
    I love this update!:)

When I first looked at the new barn it was open to purchase. I went back to it a few minutes last and it says I have reached my limit, Can you suggest why this might be?
    Thanks
    gyjoh31
    edited 26.11.2013
    New Information regarding the "Scrambled Eggs" bug: All cooperatives affected by the stopping progress bar will get 5000 Gold for their cooperative as compensation. We will credit that gold to all affected coops tomorrow, you don't have to write support for this.
    edited 26.11.2013
    :)

I cannot explain all over again to support.It is better we complete the project and move on.But it is unfair for everyone who is doing the Old Egg Scramble.

Simple solution to the developers is "Add extra SP to the New Chicken or Egg(old scramble) and Decrease SP's to the new Egg Scramble(Old Chicken or Egg) and Freeze the projects until further update about what you want to add or delete.

Adding or decreasing the SP's is a temporary solution for the coops who started the project before the update.

(or)

Freeze these two projects and allow us to do a new project and compensate the coops who are doing both the projects.Old egg scramble expect more SP's and New Egg scramble gets decreased SP because they do not have REPS or Extra task to do and still getting same SP

And we are almost completing the project :) But we still get 22 SP
    edited 26.11.2013
    And what compensation will we be getting?

We have been affected by the other end of the bug.
    edited 26.11.2013
    Yesterday afternoon we finished the chicken or the egg project. After discussing what project to do next, we decided for the egg scramble project as we had read the update announcement and knew the chicken or the egg project was going to be changed and we didn't know how.

We started the egg scramble project to discover today, after the update, that its requirements had changed and we needed to produce 3200 chicken feed in the remaining 10 hours we had to finish the project!

Now you're saying you're going to compensate with gold the co-ops that did the project despite it was announced it was to change in an unkown way, because there is a bug. And we and all the other co-ops that avoided the project and started egg scramble are to fail the project and be happy with it, since it's not a bug!

This seems hardly fair to me!
  • anitha6anitha6 Posts: 2
    edited 26.11.2013
    our coop has to get some extra bonus for doing this extra task of making 1200 chicken feed in the chicken or the egg?
    edited 26.11.2013
    anitha6 wrote: »
    our coop has to get some extra bonus for doing this extra task of making 1200 chicken feed in the chicken or the egg?
    There is no complaint from anyone who is doing the new egg scramble and so many complaints abt the new chicken or egg.but developers did the favor to the new egg scramble lolll and left the other team to contact support.forget abt it anitha and lets complete the rest before they make it even complicated
    edited 26.11.2013
    Yesterday afternoon we finished the chicken or the egg project. After discussing what project to do next, we decided for the egg scramble project as we had read the update announcement and knew the chicken or the egg project was going to be changed and we didn't know how.

We started the egg scramble project to discover today, after the update, that its requirements had changed and we needed to produce 3200 chicken feed in the remaining 10 hours we had to finish the project!

Now you're saying you're going to compensate with gold the co-ops that did the project despite it was announced it was to change in an unkown way, because there is a bug. And we and all the other co-ops that avoided the project and started egg scramble are to fail the project and be happy with it, since it's not a bug!

This seems hardly fair to me!

Again, please contact support for this particular issue. I informed them and they will hopefully find a way to help out, too.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 26.11.2013
    I don't understand why a co-op would start a challenge that they know is going to be changed before the timer would run out. I also know that it is generally not a good idea to start a project when there is an update coming because it might take a lot longer than planned.

Just sayin' :)
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 26.11.2013
    There are some coops who loves the chicken or eggs project. So they might have started in the end not to miss the last change.

Since the RPs are removed there is no way to complete the project at any cost.

But in case of the eggs or chicken feed there is a way to finish it (of course by spending gold) but it the other case there is no chance of finishing the project.

So i think ggs is giving compensation for the old chicken or eggs project.
  • Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 26.11.2013
    I think that what some players are saying is they started the Egg Scramble project, which wasn't scheduled to be changed. However, after the update, since GGS switched The Egg Scramble and Chicken or the Egg projects, instead of the original Egg Scramble, they are now doing the The Chicken or the Egg. Very confusing...I need more coffee.
    edited 26.11.2013
    Again, please contact support for this particular issue. I informed them and they will hopefully find a way to help out, too.

Thanks, Latten, for your answer and help. I contacted support, as you suggested. I'll report back as soon as I have some answer from them.
  • pumpingboy (GB1)pumpingboy (GB1) Posts: 51
    edited 26.11.2013
    New Information regarding the "Scrambled Eggs" bug: All cooperatives affected by the stopping progress bar will get 5000 Gold for their cooperative as compensation. We will credit that gold to all affected coops tomorrow, you don't have to write support for this.

What a complete mess ! As Raquel said we started the egg scramble as we researched and found out that the updates were Tues morning, then I return from work to find we are doing a completely different project - the chicken or the egg, the very project we avoided due to GG making changes to it. We had to use gold and super humas and special corn seeds to make sure we completed it. Then i see those who started the chicken or the egg--knowing it was all going to be changed are getting gold for their lack of thought
    erm wheres the logic in that ????
    There was clearly a mess up as the egg scramble got changed and those who was doing this project suddenly found themselves doing the chicken or the egg as we did

So now we all have to send a message to support to see what they are doing about it
    erm why if there's a mess up and there clearly is and those affected should be compensated

Notice i am polite, i amaze myself
    But I am dam MAD about it
  • dyesebel4dyesebel4 Posts: 2
    edited 26.11.2013
    hello everyone ....

i just like to share with everyone that i am proud to say that the chicken or the egg mission really became an instrument for all the members of our coop to be united like one big happy family. Though we are from different parts of the world and with different beliefs, we respect each other and feel no discrimination whatsoever...

to large estates coop....i'm thankful i found you and stayed with you... :-)
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 26.11.2013
    Something's not quite right, pre update "egg scramble!" was on page 2 of projects, today it's on page 1 where "chicken or the egg" was.
    Pre-update "egg scramble!" (level 2 155,000 eggs) was worth 17 Sol. points, we had 27 hours to do it, today it say's it's worth 44 sol. points & we have 4 days to do it.
    "chicken or the egg" pre-update was worth 44 sol. points & 4 days to do it, today it's on page 2 of projects & is now worth 17 sol. points & only 27 hours, we're due to "egg scramble!" this morning, if we try & start it is that what we're going to get.
    Love to hear if others have noticed this also.
    Happy Farming
    George
  • musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    edited 26.11.2013
    Does the new cooperative projects gauge reflect currently active projects, or only the past 5 completed?
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 26.11.2013
    I don't understand why a co-op would start a challenge that they know is going to be changed before the timer would run out. I also know that it is generally not a good idea to start a project when there is an update coming because it might take a lot longer than planned.

Just sayin' :)

Please point out the bit in Latten's original announcement about the project changes that mentioned anything about changes to Egg Scramble, since that is what some of the concerns are about.
    edited 26.11.2013
    In the Official Announcements nothing was mentioned about changes to "egg scramble!", the change's were for "chicken or the egg" project, it seems if I try & start egg scramble will we open chicken or the egg project instead, I feel there's been a mix up in naming of these two projects, the time & points seem to be wrong.
    George
  • ritacba1 (AU1)ritacba1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 27.11.2013
    so can i ask if we start project now is there going to be a problem or should we do something else????
    edited 27.11.2013
    We're in the same boat Rita still waiting to find out, haven't finished "cheesed off" yet, I was hoping for an answer B4 we did
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 27.11.2013
    Gyjoh31 wrote: »
    I love this update!:)

When I first looked at the new barn it was open to purchase. I went back to it a few minutes last and it says I have reached my limit, Can you suggest why this might be?
    Thanks
    gyjoh31
    Gyjoh, you can still only have 2 barns on your farm, which is probably why you're getting the limit message.
    ritacba12 wrote: »
    so can i ask if we start project now is there going to be a problem or should we do something else????
    There shouldn't be any problems with starting a new project now.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
    edited 27.11.2013
    To Answer my own question, just started egg scramble (4 day's, 44 S/P) & got egg scramble, that makes chicken or the egg (27 hours, 17 S/P) look very unattractive.
    Happy Farming
    George
  • Flora2013Flora2013 Posts: 1
    edited 27.11.2013
    Hi, we started corn project (the Complete Movie Experience) before the update and completed it today but the project activity still says 'no data yet'. Do we need to complete 5 projects before we get shovels?

Thanks
    Flora
  • tom24852tom24852 Posts: 50
    edited 27.11.2013
    The "Egg scramble" project got renamed to "Chicken and the Egg", since "CatE" was replaced with another Project. You should not have lost any progress though.

The shovels won't function properly if you continue a project from before the update, they should display with the next new project you're doing :)

Just wondering when these shovels are going to turn up.....already started a new project but all that's showing up in the project activity is "no data yet"
Sign In to comment.