Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"Green Screen of Death" When Logging In

LudioLudio Posts: 4
Hello, twice this week I have encountered a blank/frozen green screen after the initial advertisement plays when loading Big Farm during the day at work. Have the same issue on my laptop and desktop. Later, when I take my laptop home I am able to log on normally. This happened earlier this week (Monday) and then I was easily able to log on during the day the next day (Tuesday). It is happening now (Wednesday). Cannot load the application the entire day at work the 2 times it has happened. It is strange that the advertisement successfully completes and then the green screen freezes. I have cleared my browser and flash player history. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.?
Post edited by Ludio on

Comments

• Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 21.11.2013
    Have you tried logging in with a different browser?

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • LudioLudio Posts: 4
    edited 21.11.2013
    Hi Kat, thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I have failed on IE, Firefox, and Chrome. This only happens when I am at work and not every day. When I get home and try, everything works fine and I have never had any trouble at all from home. At work, I have tried on both my laptop and desktop with that same result. What is weird is that the advertisement loads and completes without any trouble. Then, the green screen comes up and just freezes. I have also cleared my caches on browsers and Flash without any luck. Appreciate any advice you might have and thank you for your response.
  • EricaJ (US1)EricaJ (US1) Posts: 202
    edited 21.11.2013
    A lot of employers limit or restrict access to certain sites or online activities in the workplace. It may be that your employer's network is interfering with your ability to run the game.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 22.11.2013
    EricaJ wrote: »
    A lot of employers limit or restrict access to certain sites or online activities in the workplace. It may be that your employer's network is interfering with your ability to run the game.

That's exactly what seems to be indicated in the logs of your account, Ludio.
    It appears the connection goes through a proxy and that can cause connection problems, such as the ones you described.
    edited 04.12.2013
    I wanted to thank you very much for the great comments/responses. I think I now know what is going on. The Big Farm itself is not being blocked. In fact, when I still have the link open on my laptop and I switch from home to work.... and then just refresh, it usually works fine. However, when I try to load from scratch, I get hung up. Well, I watched what was going on in the background and see that there is a step when loading where Big Farm is trying to connect to Facebook (something about a Facebook plug-in). Well, my employer definitely blocks Facebook and that appears to be the problem. Why are you connecting to Facebook when starting up the Big Farm game?? Is there any way to make the Game stop doing that? Thanks again for the Game. I love playing!
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 04.12.2013
    Are playing the on the Official site? If not try that.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 04.12.2013
    play it direct through GGS: http://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/
  • tracey40 (GB1)tracey40 (GB1) Posts: 113
    edited 04.12.2013
    I've started having the same problem. I was playing (on firefox on a mac) and suddenly my cursor froze. I closed the tab, tried to log back in and all I get is a blank screen. The cursor appears on the blank page as it does in the game. Tried using safari and managed to get on but then the same thing happened. blank page with game cursor. I've managed to log on via a third party site, Free world Group to post this. any ideas please?
  • tracey40 (GB1)tracey40 (GB1) Posts: 113
    edited 04.12.2013
    Ok the problem has just cleared itself. Weird.
    edited 04.12.2013
    Well, thank you for all the advice. Unfortunately, I still am unable to get past the initial screen even when using the official page, which I was actually using previously as well. The game is attempting to connect to Facebook for some reason and that is where it gets stopped/blocked. Any way to have the game loaded without connecting to Facebook? I don't understand why it would want to do that anyway? Thanks again for taking the time to help me.
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 04.12.2013
    Ludio wrote: »
    Well, I watched what was going on in the background and see that there is a step when loading where Big Farm is trying to connect to Facebook (something about a Facebook plug-in).

"Facebook plug-in" sounds to me like it might be some sort of browser extension; maybe it's something you can uninstall or disable? Or maybe try explicitly deleting all Facebook browser cookies and flash cookies? I couldn't say for sure, though; I avoid Facebook like the plague.
  • Thunderhill2010Thunderhill2010 Posts: 9
    edited 18.01.2014
    We have a member in our Co-op that when she logs into her farm she is only getting a Green Screen - Anybody know how she can fix this?
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 18.01.2014
    clear browser cache, have her log in from a different browser Chrome and InternetExplorer work fine for me. She could also try log in from a different computer--like from home or work if she uses the one at school.

Maybe admin from where she logs in is blocking the site from appearing with a firewall. Or she is not trying to log in on the official site. http://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/
    edited 19.01.2014
    If clearing browser cache alone doesn't fix it, clear flash cache too before reloading the page.
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 20.01.2014
    Close all the webpages and try rebooting your modem. Rebooting modem always helps.
    Also try clearing your caches as said above.

To know how to clear browser's cache, Click here
    To know how to clear flash cache, Click here
  • Thunderhill2010Thunderhill2010 Posts: 9
    edited 21.01.2014
    Thank you all for your help... I will be sure to pass all this info on to our member... Happy Farming!
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 21.01.2014
    Push the graphics cables fully into the sockets.
  • stazya2stazya2 Posts: 6
    edited 29.01.2014
    I'm having the same issues at work now since the upgrade as Ludio had last year. Facebook is a blocked site and I'm assuming that is why I can't get past the green screen. It happened earlier in January and I left it a few days and suddenly I was allowed back in. Caches have been cleared and using another browser is not an option. My daughter plays on another farm at home so it's not like I can play there, so my poor farm is abandoned at the moment.
    edited 29.01.2014
    Make sure you clear flash cache in addition to regular browser cache — that's necessary after yesterday's update and today's hotfix — and then do a hard reload of the page afterwards (Ctrl-F5 for most non-Mac browsers), or try loading it in a new tab or window.

If you don't want to delete all of your flash cache (for instance, if you have saved logins or important stuff for other sites there), you can just delete all the goodgamestudios.com entries from it.
  • reddeb (US1)reddeb (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 04.04.2014
    HI Ludio...This is exactly my problem!!!! Thank goodness I am not the only one. I'm only having problems at work not at home. And if Big Farm is running directly through FaceBook I am sunk because my employer does block it. I don't understand why they changed this when everyone doesn't do FB?
  • neriux777neriux777 Posts: 161
    edited 13.05.2014
    When I try to load game, I having green screen and no action happening, do game still in update mode?
  • DoctorDoug (US1)DoctorDoug (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 13.05.2014
    I have cleared my browser's cache several times, yet am unable to get past a solid green screen since the update this morning took it down.
  • edited 13.05.2014
    me too...green screen
  • catootje2catootje2 Posts: 8
    edited 13.05.2014
    I have also a green screen, can't get into the game. Is there something i can do?
  • YINPlayer2YINPlayer2 Posts: 231
    edited 13.05.2014
    I also meet the same problem , thank you for posting it .
  • catootje2catootje2 Posts: 8
    edited 13.05.2014
    oh, i think they are trying to fix it, now i get on my screen; work in progress. Hope i can play soon:)
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 13.05.2014
    Ok whats going on cannot log on this morning.
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 13.05.2014
    deleted post
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 13.05.2014
    Irish30 wrote: »
    Same problem here...I guess I shouldn't be surprised...by now this seems the normal fact of life in the game...sad but true. Be safe and hug those close to you and share your love....

HI Irish I'm guessing its everyone gonna send you a forum email. I bet our entire coop is locked out.
  • minadequate2minadequate2 Posts: 93
    edited 13.05.2014
    en_1 server also down

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file