Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 26th - Project: Projects - Discussion

Comments

• Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    edited 21.11.2013
    If you felt that strongly about them, you should have given your opinion months ago.

Why should I have? I wasn't aware people were complaining because I don't have time to come on these boards and read the various complaints they have. I never saw a poll about removing this choice from players.

If you didn't like this task then you 'should' have chosen not to do it! Not taken the choice away from the rest of us.

GG - Empty vessels!!!!!
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 21.11.2013
    @ emma663 I checked out your farm and your co-op. I understand why you love the chicken or the egg project. Most of the top players in your co-op have a sea of blue. Therefore, the missions are a breeze, just buy your way through them. But for a majority of the people, if not all, who have commented in the forums on missions and this project they strongly dislike both.

GGS is trying to make this game as appealing to as many people as they can, and that means sometimes there will be things added or changed that someone won't like.

And yes if you have an opinion on something you either like or dislike, if you want GGS to know about it you do need to let them know. They aren't mind readers.
  • BarianBarian Posts: 109
    edited 21.11.2013
    ElizabethK wrote: »
    @ emma663 I checked out your farm and your co-op. I understand why you love the chicken or the egg project. Most of the top players in your co-op have a sea of blue. Therefore, the missions are a breeze, just buy your way through them. But for a majority of the people, if not all, who have commented in the forums on missions and this project they strongly dislike both.

GGS is trying to make this game as appealing to as many people as they can, and that means sometimes there will be things added or changed that someone won't like.

And yes if you have an opinion on something you either like or dislike, if you want GGS to know about it you do need to let them know. They aren't mind readers.

We use gold to build our Farms so we buy our way through missions?

WOW

Nothing like an informed opinion there

If people don't like the Chicken or Egg project then they don't have to do it
    But some people LIKE doing it

Why is this too hard for you to understand?
    edited 21.11.2013
    That is an unfair criticism and not true of how most members of my co-op play missions. I use gold to improve my farm as do several members of my co-op but most use no gold at all and all do missions. I do not throw gold at missions to win, I regularly lose out to players that do, but I don't whine and complain that they are cheating, it is a legitimate strategy, just not one I use. And like I said, most members of my co-op are not gold users, you cannot judge the whole co-op by it's few top players. Incidentally you also can't assume that people who spend gold on their farms will waste it winning missions, they don't!

I liked this task because the whole co-op got involved, cheering and commiserating with members. It was a great bonding task and will be much missed.
  • bullyownerbullyowner Posts: 207
    edited 21.11.2013
    I'd like to see some NEW projects added...getting bored with the same ones over and over again.I know it's been discussed before but the option for members to pool their collection items together instead of just one person contributing would be great.I know it won't happen but had to throw it in here lol.
  • PeggyAnn2PeggyAnn2 Posts: 36
    edited 21.11.2013
    I am sorry to here that there will be those of you that will no longer have the opportunity to play a project that includes doing a mission. Our coop ignored its existence, for we have chosen not to do that one, due to the need for using gold to play missions.
    Nevertheless, we were glad for those that did enjoy doing that particular project due to the very reasons that have been stated in this posting. It is a shame that the lack of understanding how to play that particular project, had to be the cause of some of you losing what you enjoyed so much.
    It am certain though, that it was with great difficulty that GGS made the decision it did. It certainly is rather hard to please the many people that play this game. All of us should understand that, with just having to please those that are within our coop:))
    Perhaps in time, GGS will find a way to create an opportunity similar to what you had with the chicken or the egg.
    edited 21.11.2013
    I'm with you on both those points......the Projects as they will be are just made for gold users to speed their way through

Mebbe that's why people wanted the Missions taken out ..... it's the only one that lets non-speeders compete
    edited 21.11.2013
    So what you are saying Peggy Ann is that because my co-op was successful at chicken and egg we must have used gold in missions and it is the gold users in missions that ruined this task leading to it being removed, so it is our own fault.

Can I correct your mistaken assumptions

1) Most of our co-op members are non-gold players

2) Of those that are most of these do not waste our gold on using it to win missions

3) We were good at this task because we did it on weekends when most members were online and everybody who could took part,

4) It is much easier to use gold to speed a co-op task like Swimming Upstream or to do, as other co-ops do, and have multiple farms that are kept to join the co-op for harvesting and then leave, getting around the memebrship number restriction.

I object (albeit somewhat pointlessly I know) to having the choice to do this mission removed because people who already had the choice not to do it, didn't like it!
  • tom24852tom24852 Posts: 50
    edited 21.11.2013

And can I just say if people like them didn't have a sea of blue this game would not exist.......

I don't like doing the missions and only ever did them when we did that project but like a lot of people have said on here it got a lot of the co-op involved.
    So I agree with the people who have said that the rep points should stay.

Lets hope this minority of players get their way like the minority of players got their way with the seed name change
    edited 21.11.2013
    Emma, there is one issue you may be unaware of. A lot of people are unhappy with the way the missions are grouped. Often someone at level 30 something could be grouped with someone above level 60. I have had this happen. When you join a mission to help your co-op out and you are lucky to get last place it is frustrating. There is a fundamental issue with the way missions work that GGS is planning on revamping (hopefully soon). They may bring missions back into the co-op projects after they fix them.
  • paultje19752paultje19752 Posts: 217
    edited 21.11.2013
    Emma663 wrote: »
    I know I am a lone voice, but I loved the chicken and egg co-op task, it really got our co-op working together, it gave a point to the missions and made them fun. I only ever did missions when this co-op task was running as I really don't see any other point to them. I will really miss this element )-: it was the only co-op task that required reputation points, I think it's a real shame that it is gone,

i agree

dont understand why they change this
    if a coop dont like this project just not do it then
    now the coops who liked this are punished
    edited 21.11.2013
    Emma, there is one issue you may be unaware of. A lot of people are unhappy with the way the missions are grouped. Often someone at level 30 something could be grouped with someone above level 60. I have had this happen. When you join a mission to help your co-op out and you are lucky to get last place it is frustrating. There is a fundamental issue with the way missions work that GGS is planning on revamping (hopefully soon). They may bring missions back into the co-op projects after they fix them.

Then apparently they should have voiced their objections months before this happened. Thought you knew that.

I thank you guys in your support for our appeal

Good to know we are *not* in a minority of two

Or maybe not in a minority at all

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 21.11.2013
    I can post a few links since there seems to be quite a bit on confusion over how many times this has been discussed in SSSSOO many ways. Check back in a few minutes. For real.

about the confusion of the actual project: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?88174-Co-op-projects-problem-completing&highlight=chicken
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?86959-coop-projects-need-missions-now&highlight=chicken
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?86591-The-Chicken-or-the-egg-co-op-project&highlight=chicken
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?83360-the-chicken-or-the-egg-coop-project&highlight=chicken

Here is a thread about changing missions overall and the chicken/egg challenge is mentioned several times throughout: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?49381-The-quot-Official-quot-Mission-Petition...&highlight=chicken

Here is a thread about how frustrating the missions are in general: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?80648-sell-apple-mission-player-10.000-apples-in-5-minutes&highlight=chicken

I am no where near close to going through ALL the topics to find where this has been discussed at length.
  • LeeLexLeeLex Posts: 3
    edited 21.11.2013
    I've already said my peace, but please consider this:

People who whine about others spending gold on the game?
    If they didn't, the servers would be shut down. This game isn't a charity. It's not free for all for always.
    It's about profit to the creators and the company that owns it.
    If no one spends money on gold, bye bye big farm.

I support this game with cash. I've spent about 25 euros, and used most of it towards the WaterTower.
    Spending it on speeding through missions would be idiotic, when there are actually useful items for game supporters to buy.
    edited 21.11.2013
    @barian People along with myself have been voicing their opinions about this for many many months. That is why GGS is changing this (at least I assume that is why).

@ Leelex If people want to spend real money on this game I am all for it. I am a capitalist. More power to them.
    edited 21.11.2013
    I can post a few links since there seems to be quite a bit on confusion over how many times this has been discussed in SSSSOO many ways. Check back in a few minutes. For real.

Strange ..... I totally fail to find a single post in this thread that claims people haven't whined about Missions in Co-op projects before.

I think you're the person who is confused over what this thread is about

For real
    edited 21.11.2013
    Barian wrote: »
    Then apparently they should have voiced their objections months before this happened. Thought you knew that.

Here is a post that says people haven't complained before.
    edited 21.11.2013
    Here is a post that says people haven't complained before.

Sarcasm is just on of the things wasted on you isn't it?
    edited 21.11.2013
    I added a considerable number of links in post #45. There has been plenty of opportunity to support having the chicken or the egg challenge--where is it? We asked for it to be changed and where is your support in those threads?
    edited 21.11.2013
    and here Monica is the first post mooting that Missions will be removed from Chicken or Egg mission

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?89164-Update-Nov-26th-Project-Projects&p=1027806#post1027806

I am not a mind reader, I cannot object to something before it has happened
    edited 21.11.2013
    Barian wrote: »
    Sarcasm is just on of the things wasted on you isn't it?

Actually, no. If there was a sarcasm font I would have used it. So is sarcasm wasted on you. ;)
    edited 21.11.2013
    No it isn't .... feel free to make your first sarcastic post
    edited 21.11.2013
    I don't like MacDonalds, so you knwo what, I don't eat there! I don't try and close it down so that no one has that choice. If you don't like the Chicken and Egg task don't play it! Don't take away the option for others to do so.

Removing this choice doesn't resolve the problems with the missions
    edited 21.11.2013
    O.k. I will. lol
    edited 21.11.2013
    Barian--The link you provided goes back to the announcement of the topic. There were other people that supported this change before I posted as well--I was not the first, nor the last, but hell yeah i am excited about it.
  • RaquelCesar (GB1)RaquelCesar (GB1) GB1 Posts: 55
    edited 21.11.2013
    Latten wrote: »
    It wasn't just about people feeling it was "unfair", actually a lot (and I mean a LOT) of people didn't even realize what they had to do in that project - they finished it with 50% and sent loads of tickets to our poor support team, claiming the project doesn't work correctly :) I'm sure you will find traces of that in the forums, too.

I really don't understand... So, you are taking the project out because people didn't realize that they had to earn reputation points for the project? Well, it's a multi requirements project and it's presented in a way no different from other multi requirements projects. If people don't know how to read the project requirements for the chicken or the egg project, they certainly have trouble reading the others too. So, what's next? Are you going to take out the cabbage head project? Or patty cake?
    Then again, the missions themselves were always somewhat of a target for criticism, and we will change them in a pretty fundamental way, too, so everyone can have fun with them again.

This update is not changing missions, they still will be available in the game exactly the same as before. As I see it, removing the requirement for reputation points in a co-op project doesn't change anything in the way missions work.
    So while I can understand you're not extremely happy about this change, I hope you can understand that a lot of players actually are ^^

No, not really...

Why?? I mean, why would anyone be happy with the removal of a co-op project? It's not like they are forced to do the project. They don't like the project, they don't do it. The project is going to be replaced by a new project that maybe they also won't like. Again, they are not forced to do it in any way. It's their choice.

But there are people that like to do the project. And this update is taking away from them the choice of doing the project.
    edited 21.11.2013
    Barian--The link you provided goes back to the announcement of the topic. There were other people that supported this change before I posted as well--I was not the first, nor the last, but hell yeah i am excited about it.

Yeah I gathered you were....... question is, why are you excited about a change that removes a choice?

My view is that a change that removes a choice is a bad thing
    Can you not see that?
  • LeeLexLeeLex Posts: 3
    edited 21.11.2013
    I just realized a nasty side effect of this. Removing RP from co-op missions means that people wont do missions for RP any more. They'll just idle through missions for the XP and some quick cash.
    edited 21.11.2013
    I dreaded everyday logging in to see whether I was going to have to do that challenge--LOTS of people did--we voiced our opinion. Now that we are getting a change that will help level the playing field a bit--now people are going to start complaining.
    I dreaded to see how many people had hours left of the challenge before they realized they were stuck on getting halfway through the challenge and think they have some glitch and cant' get past it. I can't read every post on the forum, but sure am going to read ones that have 'sticky' status and polls on them--like the mission petition. The egg challenge was mentioned several times throughout.
  • afi3afi3 Posts: 54
    edited 21.11.2013
    when will Facebook winners name announced?
Sign In to comment.