Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 26th - Project: Projects - Discussion

You'll find the update news here: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?89164

Have fun discussing :)
Post edited by Latten (DE1) on

Comments

• skull32skull32 Posts: 20
    edited 21.11.2013
    Like this one
    The best new is project ''Chicken or the egg" no longer request me to do missions
  • edited 21.11.2013
    I dont have facebook :(
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 21.11.2013
    I am doing somersaults over no more rep points needed for the chicken or the egg:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Can't express how happy.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 21.11.2013
    Oooo yay!!! I can't wait for this update. :D

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • WinnerGold4 (US1)WinnerGold4 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 21.11.2013
    No more missions!!!!!!yesssssssssssss!!!!!

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you !!!!
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 21.11.2013
    How will the new barn work? Will we have to sell the excess in order to build it or can we upgrade a red one?

OOOH a report of activity on the challenges :) THANK YOU!

No more reputation points for challenges :) THANK YOU!
  • djgreeneyes (US1)djgreeneyes (US1) Posts: 1,766
    edited 21.11.2013
    What a stupendous update! No more reputation points for missions - hurrah! Indication of co-op member's participation in projects - hurrah! Thank you so very much!
  • Kakerullen (SKN1)Kakerullen (SKN1) Posts: 243
    edited 21.11.2013
    I dont use FB any more. Hope we get some event like that on forum later. :)
    The maximum amount which every player can earn per project is five shovels
    This sentence had me to think if I as a onelady coop still can do that or if I have to take in people in my coop. But I don find it out even if I use google transelate on the text from Latten.
  • skull32skull32 Posts: 20
    edited 21.11.2013
    skull32 wrote: »
    Like this one
    The best new is project ''Chicken or the egg" no longer request me to do missions

yes, this is my post but i gonna write better word, isn't?:):)

this is the best, best, best,best,... update ever. every details on this update are the best. thank you so much:D:D
  • Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    edited 21.11.2013
    I know I am a lone voice, but I loved the chicken and egg co-op task, it really got our co-op working together, it gave a point to the missions and made them fun. I only ever did missions when this co-op task was running as I really don't see any other point to them. I will really miss this element )-: it was the only co-op task that required reputation points, I think it's a real shame that it is gone,
  • ice cold3ice cold3 Posts: 42
    edited 21.11.2013
    I agree with Emma. The reputation points that had to be gained for the cooperative brought a lot of excitement and made for a good project for team bonding. But I think that a lot of people felt self conscious that they couldn't handle the missions very well, so now the missions will feel less like a chore and more like something fun to do.
    edited 21.11.2013
    Emma663 wrote: »
    I know I am a lone voice, but I loved the chicken and egg co-op task, it really got our co-op working together, it gave a point to the missions and made them fun. I only ever did missions when this co-op task was running as I really don't see any other point to them. I will really miss this element )-: it was the only co-op task that required reputation points, I think it's a real shame that it is gone,

I am sure there are a few more out there like you that will miss the chicken or the egg. Personally our co-op avoided it like the plague. But I can see your point, the rare occasion that we did it we definitely had to work together.
    edited 21.11.2013
    but there were lots of other co-op tasks you could do, this was the only one that was a bit different. I lost missions sometimes, and won others, that was part of the fun, it made it exciting. I think there could have been a way of making it more do-able for lower level co-ops with fewer members without removing it altogether. It was fun, gave great points, a great way to get the co-op working as a team. For me it was by far the best co-op task. I think it's a shame that their response to people's complaints about the unfairness of missions was just to remove the RP requirement from this task.
  • subhlabh3subhlabh3 Posts: 5
    edited 21.11.2013
    Wow What a beautiful update. New Barn, No more Missions in projects and Shovels for the players. Great GG. Waiting eagerly for this update.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 21.11.2013
    Emma663 wrote: »
    I think it's a shame that their response to people's complaints about the unfairness of missions was just to remove the RP requirement from this task.

Hey Emma :)

It wasn't just about people feeling it was "unfair", actually a lot (and I mean a LOT) of people didn't even realize what they had to do in that project - they finished it with 50% and sent loads of tickets to our poor support team, claiming the project doesn't work correctly :) I'm sure you will find traces of that in the forums, too.
    Then again, the missions themselves were always somewhat of a target for criticism, and we will change them in a pretty fundamental way, too, so everyone can have fun with them again.

So while I can understand you're not extremely happy about this change, I hope you can understand that a lot of players actually are ^^ We'll see how it all turns out in the end.
  • BarianBarian Posts: 109
    edited 21.11.2013
    I can't believe GGS did this

This was the best project of the lot

Don't want to do missions? Don't do them then. Plenty of other Projects to choose from

Do want to do a Project that brings the whole Co-op together, and gets everybody excited?
    Well tough you can't, because a few people whine and the ONLY Project that needs missions gets removed.

So now Co-ops can get as many Points as they want just from ONE person spending gold

Please rethink this and give us back our Project !!
    edited 21.11.2013
    Ok if you are in support of the chicken/egg project why did you not voice your opinion at numerous times that this topic has been discussed? This is the first that I have heard ANYONE say they liked that challenge.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 21.11.2013
    I have a question about the chicken & egg project. Will the project be removed all together or just the reputation points? If its only the RP taken out will the project still be worth the same amount of solidarity points?
    edited 21.11.2013
    Barian wrote: »
    I can't believe GGS did this

So now Co-ops can get as many Points as they want just from ONE person spending gold

Please rethink this and give us back our Project !!

1 person could have still done the chicken or egg project with enough gold.

P.s like your quote in your signature.
  • Marlene Klaas (US1)Marlene Klaas (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    edited 21.11.2013
    I personally am thrilled with this update. It would be great if gold couldn't be used to complete cooperative projects. People used gold to complete missions too, so in all fairness that complaint about removing it doesn't hold up. Just saying...
  • BarianBarian Posts: 109
    edited 21.11.2013
    Probably because I wasn't aware that we had to vote to maintain the status quo

I haven't seen removing the Missions element of this Project discussed *anywhere*

Just GGS removing it because some people didn't read it correctly

Now go and [be nice, please |L.]
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 21.11.2013
    jess_d wrote: »
    I have a question about the chicken & egg project. Will the project be removed all together or just the reputation points? If its only the RP taken out will the project still be worth the same amount of solidarity points?

It will be changed, not completely removed - it might get a different name and different requirements to finish it, but the total number of projects will still be the same.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 21.11.2013
    Ok thanks Latten! I'm looking forward to the update. It sounds great!
    edited 21.11.2013
    I am excited about the new barn concept, but not sure if I should upgrade the ones I already have. I am not looking forward to demolish a building that I will have so much invested in already. Maybe does it sit outside the farm with the parked cars? OOOOh lots more questions about the barns :) Can we get more information about them please? :)
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 21.11.2013
    I love it, they really listened to the players who play this game and said what they wanted.

Hopefully the small text will be gone after this upgrade and we will see what the improved project brings us. Also it is very good thing that the projects can be followed so you can see who helped good on projects.
  • edited 21.11.2013
    I can't wait for this update, I m especially happy about not needing reputation points for the chicken or the egg project, now maybe my co-op will be able to do that project.

~Space~
  • EricaJ (US1)EricaJ (US1) Posts: 202
    edited 21.11.2013
    The updates sound great. At first blush, I was not too keen on the idea of shovels representing project contributions, and wanted real numbers instead - but I can certainly see the reasons behind using shovels to represent the level of effort put forth. It could otherwise be very discouraging for a lower level member when they see their actual raw numbers compared to those of a high level with massive production capacity.

And I'm thrilled about no more missions associated with projects.

I do have one question/concern about this update, and that is what will become of any project collectibles assigned to the chicken-or-egg project when the update is applied? I can think of several possibilities...

- Automatically applied to the new project definitions
    - Returned to original donors

... but if the original donor is no longer a member of the co-op, what would become of the donated collectibles? Maybe add them to the leader's inventory?

Any insight you could offer would be appreciated.

Thanks for keeping this game interesting!
    edited 21.11.2013
    So those of us who really liked the Chicken and Egg co-op task as THE BEST co-op task, lose it because some people didn't read the rules, failed to achieve it and complained, or failed to achieve it because their co-ops weren't working well enough to do it?

When we had that co-op task they had the CHOICE not to do it! But rather than make it easier for people to do at a lower level, or make the instructions clearer (although frankly I don't know how much clearer they could be!) GG has just taken that choice away from us. So can I ask then that the Cheesed Off task be removed please because some co-ops have multiple farms that have loads of cow sheds that they only join into their co-op in order to harvest the milk and then they leave, so they can complete that task really quickly by cheating, and can the Egg Scrambled task be removed because some co-ops have more egg coups and than I have and can the Movie Experience be removed because some co-ops have more members than ours and can Swimming Upstream be removed because some co-op use gold to speed up fertiliser production and (in a whiney voice) it's not fair!!!!!!!!

BTW, the suggestion that I should have come on the boards and voice my support for that co-op task is ridiculous Monica. I very rarely look on the boards, I occasionally check out the updates. Last I it wasn't a requirement to voice your appreciation for a game feature or risk it being removed.
    edited 21.11.2013
    I am not falling into negativity over something that we have been asking for months.

If you felt that strongly about them, you should have given your opinion months ago. I have lost count how many times people post on the forum that the project is stuck. And not a doubt that for every person that asked, there were several people that didn't and left the game as a result of not being able to finish an easy task. One lady said that this was their 3rd time attempting the challenge and still had not been able to complete it. Lots of people also thought the RP was reward for completing the challenge. And it was certainly no help that that was the first challenge to include 2 parts. GEEZ.

So once again--Thank You GGS for no RP for doing co-op challenges.
    I still have questions about the new barn--so excited :)
  • LeeLexLeeLex Posts: 3
    edited 21.11.2013
    I think the removing rep part of the update is nonsense.
    It's a big part of what our co-op enjoys, and it ties us together like no other task.
    It's basically the only reason I have to do missions in the first place, cheering one another on and trying to beat the record for how fast we can finish the mission.
    So yeah, I too voice my concern with this update.
Sign In to comment.