Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Active but yet passive members , how do I deal with them?

Summers3Summers3 Posts: 103
Not sure if this is the right place to vent this, but didnt find anywhere else to put this is in. I am pretty sure that anyone who is in a cooperative has encounterd this. I am leading a somewhat small cooperative. Whenever I start a projects it end up to me and on other person to do the majority of the work. Leaving the other 2 members being passive active members. They do add the "fee" we have, as a weekly sum so it's not a problem but I've seen it now for at least 3 weeks they pay the sum, and goes offline for the rest of the week, which making the cooperative take the fall and we cant really focus on any projects. Now how do I adress this? Any recommendation or suggestion is helpful. And I do understand that not everyone can be stuck to a computer everyday due to work/family, but still. And before anyone comes up with the "solution" create another farm, I have already 4 other farms besides my main in the cooperative to make it go around

Edit: those 4 farms have been removed and will no longer be usable thanks for the info and warning :)
Post edited by Summers3 on

Comments

• cedie3 (US1)cedie3 (US1) US1 Posts: 183
    edited 21.11.2013
    I would put them on notice that if they didn't increase their activity level and participate in projects, you would have to replace them with more active members. Give them a week to improve, and then, with a nice farewell note, remove them.
  • Summers3Summers3 Posts: 103
    edited 21.11.2013
    Cedine32 thank you for the fair suggestion, will try that on :)
  • duchessogravityduchessogravity Posts: 178
    edited 21.11.2013
    i would do the same as cedie suggested. membership is more than money donated. it is involvemnt in projects, research, and responding to messages. good luck ;) there are lots of great players out there. no need to settle for mediocre ones ;)
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 21.11.2013
    Hi Summers3,
    Your not on your own with this problem, I think every Co-Op has the same trouble, I'm sorry but you have to be harsh with them, either their in there boots & all or get rid of them, you 2 do all the work & they reap the rewards of your research. We carry for up to 4 weeks a few lower level players that don't have to contribute to research, we'd be happier to see them use their money to upgrade & level up, as for projects all members have help no matter how small they contribute, very little bit helps, this make them part of the team, unless you've got 10s of thousands of dollars for gold, you need a good team around you.
    Good Luck & happy farming
    George
    Applecross Co-Op
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 21.11.2013
    I agree with the other posters here. I would like to add that the racing farmer says in the next update there will be an activity screen to see how much everyone contributes. That should be a good thing to help you (and all co-ops) see who is actually pulling their weight & who is not. Good luck to you.
  • Amanda Maye4Amanda Maye4 Posts: 39
    edited 21.11.2013
    Hi Summer,
    I know this is not really helpful to your situation, but I couldn't help but notice that you admitted that you have multiple farms of your own in your co-op. As per the terms and conditions of the game, you cannot have multiple accounts on the same server, and having multiple farms on the same server is the only way to be in the same co-op (or at least from my understanding). Furthermore, I do not think people on this forum would suggest that as most are pretty aware of this particular rule. Good luck on your co-op management,from what I understand it can be quite diffucult to be the leader, I'm pretty happy just being an active contributing member to my group, wouldn't want that responsibility myself.
    Thanks,
    Amanda Maye
  • All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 21.11.2013
    What Amanda said. Having more than one farm on the same server is against the rules and can possibly get you banned. If you wish to have more than one farm you can have a farm on each server.
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 21.11.2013
    What the above people said is true - you were expected to read the Terms of Service before playing, which clearly state multi-accounting isn't allowed for the same server. >:

As a leader of a small co-op myself, all I can say is keep trying, you will eventually find members if you're patient and lenient enough in the start before you and your first few members manage to bring the co-op up a couple of levels. After that it gets a little bit easier. If you have any friends that might want to play, show the game to them. I was surprised how addicted some friends that don't even like this type of game became. ^-^
    edited 21.11.2013
    Thank you all for the repsonse. And I cant use the other farms then which is fine. Thank you very much for that info since I was too lazy to read all of the ToS
  • camii893camii893 Posts: 251
    edited 21.11.2013
    Hi Summers,

You may want to make it really clear in a group message of the expectations of your members and how often you would like them to play the game or even develop a way of communicating between yourself and members to know when you will have your members on the most to tackle the projects...

Letting them know of projects in advance or letting them help to choose the projects can also be a great way to motivate them to do the project and making it a real group effort.

If after your message about expectations of how you would like them to help out or they are not regular enough players for you that gives them the opportunity to decide the cooperative is not for them...

Then after this you may remove them, as most cooperatives do. We have also had players leave the cooperative because they know they would not be active enough for the team after donating almost 20 million dollars and 3,000 gold... There really can be a large team spirit and care between all the members in a great cooperative.

You may also wish to remind them that without increasing in levels certain research will not be available so even if they put the money in - they will still need to help to progress levels so that other research is available.

Best of luck
    edited 21.11.2013
    Camii, thanks for the suggestion and pointers. In my info about the co-op I have what "we" require and I have tried what you a lot of people have suggested. Thing is also, there seems to be not enough people on the scandinavian server
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 21.11.2013
    Finding good co-op members can be hard. You just have to keep trying. You will find them. Our co-op has a really good bunch. And normally if we can't be on as much due to work or something like that we always let each other know or at the very least our leader. Communication is really the key in being in a co-op. But it looks like you have solved the problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file