Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Buying gold the only way?

Silvercat (GB1)Silvercat (GB1) GB1 Posts: 13
edited 03.11.2013 in Tutorials and FAQs
Hi,

I'm new here, I only started playing a couple of weeks ago and I'm still finding out how it all works. I'm enjoying the game but I'm getting a little frustrated that it seems the only way to keep up with my tasks etc is to spend real life money to buy gold, which I don't really want to do.

Buying more land, keeping happiness up, upgrading buildings, having enough workers - I can't find a way to do this efficiently with the in-game money I make from selling products.

Is it possible to actually advance in this game without having to buy gold? I know it's not massively expensive or anything, I just don't particularly want to do it. My building/expansion tasks are getting more and more expensive and I can't keep up!
Post edited by Silvercat (GB1) on

Comments

• MalikBilal2MalikBilal2 Posts: 374
    edited 31.10.2013
    I am level 56 and non gold user and going on well
    u need money to do these tasks and this money mostly comes from orchards so build those
    and most of all u need to be patient
    gold user can skip things and get more xp quickly with gold but that isn't the case in non gold users. save gold to buy the water tower
  • edited 31.10.2013
    Yes it is, patience is the key though. There are some good guides on here for beginners with tips etc
  • Silvercat (GB1)Silvercat (GB1) GB1 Posts: 13
    edited 31.10.2013
    Ok, thanks. I don't mind being patient, I'm not in a hurry for anything, I was just feeling a little daunted by the some of the tasks I'm getting which require a lot of money (buying land, for example). I have a gold mine but I can only mine gems and it seems to take such a long time for little reward. I shall go and search out some guides :)
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 31.10.2013
    This thread may help you with land expansions and planning them out :)
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 31.10.2013
    Silvercat wrote: »
    ...I was just feeling a little daunted by the some of the tasks I'm getting which require a lot of money (buying land, for example).

Level 75 non-gold buyer here. Think of the tasks as a wishlist of items to save up your money for, not a to-do list. They won't go away if you don't do them immediately. Also, there are a number of tasks that are given several levels too soon in my opinion, such as building a cherry orchard, and especially joining a cooperative.
    Silvercat wrote: »
    I shall go and search out some guides

Get familiar with the info button (blue "i") on all the ring menus; you'll find lots of useful details in them.

Your cash flow will be better if you spend money on decorations; they reduce your running costs. Building houses, and especially upgrading them, increases running costs.
    This thread may help you with land expansions and planning them out :)

Post #67 in that thread is where the most current list is, since the original poster is no longer active in the forum.
  • Silvercat (GB1)Silvercat (GB1) GB1 Posts: 13
    edited 31.10.2013
    Thanks for the help all :)
  • PlayerAkhil3PlayerAkhil3 Posts: 1
    edited 31.10.2013
    i want gold
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 01.11.2013
    PlayerAkhil, apart from buying gold with real money, you can get it by levelling up (usually 30-50 gold), logging in every day (30 gold on every 4th day in a 5-day cycle, and sometimes more gold on the 5th day), or completing the few quests that reward you with gold (there are not many of those). There are also a few forum games where you can win gold, but you have to play by the rules given where the games are posted.
  • KataraBudder17KataraBudder17 Posts: 2
    edited 03.11.2013
    Where are the forum games?
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 03.11.2013
    Where are the forum games?

Most forum games are located here: Forum Games (click)
    Also keep an eye on this forum: Official Announcements (click), to read about any new exciting games in which you can earn gold.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 03.11.2013
    Index of all forums
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/forum.php

The forum called Forum Games
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/forumdisplay.php?578-Forum-Games

Also links to the forums at the top of this page
  • justme1232justme1232 Posts: 157
    edited 03.11.2013
    I agree this game is easily played without gold. I played up to lvl 70 then bought myself a $20 pkg, as a reward. I've played this game for a year now and that's all I ever bought. At that point I only did it because keeping up with the animal feed was getting stressful, and I play this game to enjoy it and relax. A little gold and now my water tower is Level 3 and I'm drowning in feed. :) I'm now level 78 and no plans on buying in the near future. I have teenage boys, they eat all my money away!!! :D
  • lvl 81 and a non gold buyer. as you progress in lvls it may be more difficult to get ahead without the use of gold, but if you budget your use, use can progress quite well, maybe not as quickly as buyers, or the same happiness lvl etc, but still able to play the game. if you join a group, or form one where there are mainly non buyers, they need to budget the donations to co-op fund, activities for the group etc and the group will also grow. happy farming and good luck.
  • Tralfazz (US1)Tralfazz (US1) US1 Posts: 136
    Level 115, bought gold a few times early on. Then decided they got enough of my money. Especially when you looked at the price increases and lack of bug repairs. These days I barely play, but I do try to get into the platinum awards level in horse racing as a gold certificate for the mine helps.
Sign In to comment.