Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Missions and cheat codes

Sami663Sami663 Posts: 2
I am tired of going into missions and being beat by people that are in my same class bracket. I do use gold so that is not the issue. It is there are cheat codes because if we are on the same level and my barn is at the same level as theirs and I have one more chicken coop and we are all using gold at a fast pace. How do they out produce eggs by 2:1 without a cheat code.

This is not fair but the most unfair thing is the coop mission chicken vs egg requires missions and you can't win the missions you lose all your collectibles which take for ever to get. So, if by mistake that mission is selected by your coop you are screwed.

So what is being done to root out the people who use these cheat codes ????
Post edited by Sami663 on

Comments

• Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 11.08.2013
    Is it the mission that says "sell" eggs or "collect" eggs? If the mission is to sell eggs, most people don't even use their chicken coops. They save up enough money before the mission starts and then buy and sell the eggs as fast as their little fingers can click.
  • Sami663Sami663 Posts: 2
    edited 11.08.2013
    That is expensive as heck but most of the time that is it. But, I have been others that have had the same effect.
  • paultje19752paultje19752 Posts: 217
    edited 11.08.2013
    can not imagine there are cheat codes..must be all selling missions and then they just buy sell much after eachother.....
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 13.08.2013
    GGS (indeed any internet games company) can normally keep on top of cheaters and their cheat codes. They are not that prevalent and the ones that work are generally coded by the user for their own use. And GGS deals with them accordingly: they don't last long

The cheat codes you find by googling, and especially the ones that claim to give 'free gold' are normally hacks into your computer and scams or other phishing attempts
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 13.08.2013
    Hi all,

This is a very important subject and so i wanted to come and leave a comment myself.

Firstly, there are no cheats that work for Big Farm. Anyone who tells you that they are cheating or has a working cheat is simply either trolling you or trying to steal your account.

If you actually have proof that someone is cheating then you should send it to support who will investigate.

Regards,
    Ethan.
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 13.08.2013
    Does nobody else think it ironic that a gold user is complaining about not being able to win missions?
  • debrajanedebrajane Posts: 3
    edited 13.08.2013
    Yes I do! I have found that if you hit the SKIP arrow, and pay a little amount of GOLD, you can grow or produce more eggs. But in the end just to will the top prize of money and points, you end up spending a LOT more than you will win in the end of the mission. I too am frustrated at the Gold players that use this method to win. One time I was collecting eggs, and at the very last minute, I lost and went don a few in the list and even lost my experience points and only received a few dollars for all my hard work.
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 13.08.2013
    It used to stress me out too, but now I've changed my whole outlook on missions.

I still do them regularly, but I never use gold, and I never use dollars to buy produce just to sell it at a loss (for the 'Sell...' missions). I simply look at the list of missions and pick the ones that fit in with what I'm doing on the farm. When the mission ends I've gained some XP and dollars for simply running my farm, and if I've done well I get some RP as well. When there are gold/dollar users throwing money just to win a larger XP or RP then I think 'what a waste' and let them get on with it - it hasn't cost me anything :)

However, I may change my outlook if the coop is doing The Chicken or the Egg project :)
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 13.08.2013
    Sometimes gold users may be trying really hard to win because they need the RP for the eggs and RP project. Personally, I rarely do missions unless doing this project and as the RP are needed to complete the project I will use gold to try and win if I can.
    However, it is much more fun to win using a clever strategy and I prefer this.
  • aardvark2aardvark2 Posts: 59
    edited 13.08.2013
    I agree Hoder, that's how I play missions mostly, which I only do when the co-op needs the RP points. But what I really hate is sore losers. I was playing a sell flowers mission, I have 6 fields & maximum storage which I made sure was full before the mission & I was happily doing the mission, growing & selling, growing & selling. I was ahead but not by that much. Suddenly the player who was second advanced by about 1000 so had obviously bought flowers & sold them. I needed the RP for the co-op task so I bought a couple of barns full, just enough to get ahead again & then carried on growing & selling. The other player then messaged me to accuse me of not playing fairly, when I pointed out that they had been the one to start buying flowers to sell not me, I was called a cheat. Some people use gold to win, some people buy produce to sell to win, it's within the rules so it's not cheating, it's only a game, don't be a sore loser. And don't be rude to other players, did I mention it's only a game?
  • MarkGamer292MarkGamer292 Posts: 1
    edited 03.09.2013
    people should be kicked
    out that uses cheat codes right averybody
  • Mae LynnMae Lynn Posts: 17
    edited 03.09.2013
    As Aardvark explained, there are "legitimate" reasons people spend obscene amounts of gold to win missions. I don't do it personally, but I have seen a friend do it to win RPs for a co-op project. She never does missions at all unless it's for a co-op project, but would drop 2-3K+ coin on a single mission. Personally, I haven't purchased gold yet -- though I'll probably have to at the next sale so I can level up my water tower, but because I don't buy gold, I have enormous respect for those players who drop lots of rl cash buying gold coins for whatever reason. They're the sole reason I get to play this game. GGS, like all gaming companies, is in the business of making money. The only way they can do that is if enough people actually pay money to play their game (i.e., "buy gold coins"). So, as much as I wish I could win every time just by being smart, the reality is that players who spend some gold will likely best me, and players who spend a lot of gold will best them.

So the next time, before you get angry at the person dropping serious coin on some mission, think to yourself: would this game even be around if it weren't for players like them?
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 03.09.2013
    Well said Mae Lynn!

Sami, there are no cheat codes for missions. Players may use gold to buy stock and to skip the production time, and/or buy stock with farm cash to increase the amount that they can sell.

I play with gold but do not always win missions as there are players willing to spend more gold than I am. If that's the case I back off and let them go for the win. I don't like to waste gold when it's clear that I won't win the mission. I don't resent this in any way, gold players keep Big Farm going and GGS in business. This is not cheating, spending gold in missions is allowed.
  • AngelKiss.AngelKiss. Posts: 12
    edited 20.10.2013
    You cannot buy eggs to "Collect them" on that quest I tried an it didn't even count toward the quest just a waste of my money. Previous eggs collected do not count toward the NEEDED collection. :( I have tried and it just doesn't work however I have the same problem when doing the missions and people are in the same class and are outing me 2:1
    Celissa9 wrote: »
    Is it the mission that says "sell" eggs or "collect" eggs? If the mission is to sell eggs, most people don't even use their chicken coops. They save up enough money before the mission starts and then buy and sell the eggs as fast as their little fingers can click.
  • inktvis2inktvis2 Posts: 10
    edited 21.10.2013
    Lol you have then to come to the dutch server and play there missions to be convinced that a lot of players are really cheating...or they must be very very very rich :-)
  • edited 21.10.2013
    AngelKiss., if that's the case, then in "collect" missions, the people beating you are using gold to speed up production times.
  • ZaxynnZaxynn Posts: 132
    edited 21.10.2013
    Okay, first off that comment about someone that uses gold complaining for not winning was ironic - -yeah that was funny but be nice ;)

Okay folks I used gold to win an "egg" mission. I beat one that actually complained in these forums about the mission in general not so much me in particular.

We were the same level, actually I was a couple hundred xp points ahead of her in the rankings, but still the same level.

She had 5 chicken coops. 1 was level 5, 2were level 3, 1 was level 2, and 1 was level 1.

I had 2 chicken coops both at level 5.

1) I had gotten reward from a task for 100 super chicken feed and saved that for the mission, gives extra % bonus to production.
    2) I had saved up my regular chicken feed to max and had around 50 premium feed on top of that.
    3) I had full inventory of eggs. (thinking 1 barn lvl 3 and 1 barn lvl 2)
    4) I timed my chicken coops to be ready to harvest within a couple seconds of mission starting.
    5) I used gold to instant produce eggs each and every time I started them until I was in a commanding lead.

I ended up having to by the premium feed instead of trying to produce more regular chicken feed. The premium doesn't give a production bonus but it does give some xp and I didn't want to spend the time to insta the feed mill.

Why would I do that you ask?.....Simple, I needed the Reputation points for my cooperative to get the Research mission done.

NO, I don't do that often, actually that has been the only time so far and only because that one research as it took reputation points as well as crops to finish.

It cost me around $25 dollars in gold to do, not even close to worth it for the money but again I had that research started and I needed the reputation points so my co-op could finish the research. I don't do researches anymore for the cooperative that take reputation points to complete.

NO, I don't do missions unless I absolutely have to and I haven't had to since that mission......Why you ask?.....Simple, they are not even close to being fair in their groupings at times and the fact that if you get in one where more than a couple are going to use gold and you don't have the gold to use then you are going to loose reputation points. Not that it really matters as you get nothing but bragging rights for your reputation points anyways.

In these forums one of the community managers (if I remember correctly) explains how they group the missions and that they are working to change it and until such time I don't plan on doing them. To put people that are 10 levels plus higher in a group with others just isn't fair. They go off a formula in where that can and has happen.

On a side not, I did think it was somewhat humorous when she talked about ppl using gold yet she failed to mention she took the time to use some gold to up a couple of her chicken coops during that mission. That time alone gave me even a few more seconds of producing while she's clicking away at upgrading. SECONDS count, with or without gold. ;)
  • bullyownerbullyowner Posts: 207
    edited 21.10.2013
    If it were not for the gold users/buyers in this game,there would be no game.I too only do missions if my co-op needs it for the egg project.I will say no it's not fair to pit gold buyers against players who don't buy BUT until the game makers change this-it is what it is.I am a gold buyer and as far as I'm aware there is no cheat codes lol just a player willing to spend real money to win.Lots of things need to change in missions but in the end it's just a game-Happy Farming :)
  • ZaxynnZaxynn Posts: 132
    edited 21.10.2013
    bullyowner wrote: »
    If it were not for the gold users/buyers in this game,there would be no game.I too only do missions if my co-op needs it for the egg project.I will say no it's not fair to pit gold buyers against players who don't buy BUT until the game makers change this-it is what it is.I am a gold buyer and as far as I'm aware there is no cheat codes lol just a player willing to spend real money to win.Lots of things need to change in missions but in the end it's just a game-Happy Farming :)

Exactly, without gold players there is no "free" game. I understand though that they have gold players in with free players as after all you don't really loose anything but reputation points that are not good for anything other than bragging rights and most don't care about them anyways.

It is hard though for some of the researches however then again one can't really blame the game for trying to get revenue. And besides, there are other researches that don't require reputation points and to be honest had I paid attention enough to notice the reputation requirement for that research to begin with I would never of started it. ;)
  • bullyownerbullyowner Posts: 207
    edited 21.10.2013
    I agree with you there..I would not have chosen to start that one either but my deputy did it while I was off.We won't be doing it again that's for sure.I'd rather spend my gold on my farms and for the researches that require astronomical amounts lol.I had to wind up doing 5 missions to pull serious points in order to finish...I was not a happy camper haha.
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 21.10.2013
    I don't do missions unless it is for the chicken and egg, as most people. However, do sell missions and make sure you have lots of farm cash, that way you can save your gold for your farm.
  • eore_bnp702eore_bnp702 Posts: 7
    edited 22.10.2013
    I have played a few missions and won or come second and not used gold
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 22.10.2013
    Sami663 wrote: »
    I am tired of going into missions and being beat by people that are in my same class bracket. I do use gold so that is not the issue. It is there are cheat codes because if we are on the same level and my barn is at the same level as theirs and I have one more chicken coop and we are all using gold at a fast pace. How do they out produce eggs by 2:1 without a cheat code.

This is not fair but the most unfair thing is the coop mission chicken vs egg requires missions and you can't win the missions you lose all your collectibles which take for ever to get. So, if by mistake that mission is selected by your coop you are screwed.

So what is being done to root out the people who use these cheat codes ????

Hey this is an easy one!
    Because you are using MORE chicken coops.
    If u want to use gold to win, just use 1 high level coop. Lvl 7 preferred.
    You are wasting time managing multiple coops.
    It's much faster to use one. Gold/Collect/Gold/Collect etc.

Hope it helps.

BTW, there's no strategy in the missions.
    Let's be realistic.
    Strategy implies you may effect the outcome of your opponent's efforts.
    Unless you are using pranks to sabotage your opponent, there's no strategy here.
    Try chess or cards instead.

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • kelanniedokelanniedo Posts: 12
    edited 31.10.2013
    ahhhhh....is that the trick? I thought the eggs needed to come from the coop/counted as they 'hatched'. They can come from the barn where I have them stored? When buying eggs don't they go to the barn first? Am I confused?

are you referencing Missions or Cooperative Project? Is there a chicken mission? I thought there was only egg missions (collect or sell) and feed missions. But there is a chicken/egg Coopertive project. Missions and projects are different.

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 31.10.2013
    It depends on the type of mission you're in. If it's a collect mission, then you need to grow and harvest to collect so that it will count towards your tally. If you're in a sell mission, you can purchase the produce with farm dollars and then sell it on.

In the case of a sell eggs mission, you can sell the eggs you already have in your storage as soon as the mission starts, you can sell the eggs as you collect them (even speeding up the process with gold if you wish) and you can use farm dollars to purchase eggs, then sell them. All 3 ways are viable in this type of mission and count towards your total.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • Amaya456Amaya456 Posts: 3
    edited 16.11.2013
    That is basically what I do as well! Except whenever I do a 'sell eggs' (for example) i just get as many eggs as possible before the mission starts then sell them straight away to get ahead then just continue normally.
  • nuggettnuggett Posts: 1
    edited 29.11.2013
    I don,t know how to root out the cheaters but I know how to win on the missions. so all you have to do is before the mission starts produce as much eggs or what ever the mission wants just remember that before the mission starts produce as much as you can
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 29.11.2013
    Well, missions are no fun at all. And as a new coop leader I started the egg project without realizing your coop has to complete, and do well, in missions. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

I think since then they did away with that project. Good! Missions blow! I don't see any reason to do them at all.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 29.11.2013
    Artmaker wrote: »
    ...... I don't see any reason to do them at all.
    Free XP and farm dollars is why I enter them. Doesn't matter whether I win or come last, I get some XP and some dollars
  • paultje19752paultje19752 Posts: 217
    edited 29.11.2013
    yes the dollars are more then the mine so if missions are not worth to do then you also not have to do the mine
This discussion has been closed.