Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

edited 28.03.2015 in Archive (Read only)
Mentioned a few months ago about having a fishery on the fourth farm.
Thinking about it even more you could have the farm border a lake and once you buy the land plots adjacent to the lake you can build fishing posts which will earn money from people fishing your lake.

The rest of the farm could be breeding facilities for the types of fish which you use to stock the lake, each time you stock the lake with a particular type of fish then when you set the fishing post off that fish has a greater chance of being caught so there would be an element of chance with what you earned from the lake each time.

You could use corn from the main farm as one type of bait and the dung can be used in another production building to provide maggots, different types with different additions, lavendar or jasmine from the flower farm could attract a different type of fly and therefore maggot.

Im sure people can come up with a couple more types of buildings that would fit in with the theme.

Going the other way, bred fish could be used in the restaurant so all farms would have a connection to each other.
Post edited by Stork The Bear (GB1) on

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 27.09.2013
    PINJO1986 wrote: »
    This is a FARMING game so it is better to suggest some farming ideas that also can happen in real farming.
    Did you ever heard of a farm that has fish on it? That idea is not good at all.
    And the idea of the bugs/insects is good if you got a plague or a decease on the fields. But there aren't any so there must be a big change and i think GGS is not willing to change that.

Ummm they do have fish farms all over the world you know! I have a real farm as well and it has 4 large ponds stocked with fish.
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 01.10.2013
    This is a FARMING game so it is better to suggest some farming ideas that also can happen in real farming.
    And the idea of the bugs/insects is good if you got a plague or a decease on the fields. But there aren't any so there must be a big change and i think GGS is not willing to change that.
    i actually have heard of farms with fish on them.they are called fish hatcheries :) i personally like the idea of worms randomly appearing when harvesting on your farm and being used as bait to catch different species of fish such as bluegill,trout,bass and countless others.
  • evildeadevildead Posts: 8
    edited 01.10.2013
    i like the idea of as fish pond as well and I grew up in a farming community many bugs and insects are beneficial to farmers whether they have problems with disease or not bees and butterflies pollenate plants worms loosen the soil making it easier for roots to grow stronger roots means healthier plants and better yields in the fields ladybugs eat harmful aphids and other harmful pests as do mantises I suppose pinjo1986 thought the mine was a good idea not that ive ever actually seen a mine on a farm and I doubt very many people have however nearly all farms has a pond on them that has fish and most farmers know about and use beneficial insects and have for generations
  • HostileRickHostileRick Posts: 32
    edited 06.10.2013
    um i only eat farmed fish i wont eat anything from the wild,to many mouths eating that already for me to steal off em . so yea farmed fish and farmed shrimp is how i get my sea food ... no gold per cast . u harvest it just like u do pigs . u get fish and if u want more u get compost leaves from the banks. u can use any fish u want since your farming them it probably be 1 type of fish to make harvest. carp,trout,catfish are just a few of whats really farmed ...

insects-the worms u get from your compost u use to feed fish fry (fry=baby fish) once fed the zzz's go away and however amount of time ggs chooses like idk 20 worms = 50 fish ? u get 4 worms per compost harvest ? bla bla bla

ty and yea i never seen a mine on a farm lol they exist but not like ponds and insects lulz

harvesting corn u find a lacewing every once in a while - use it on a field like humus or fertilizer increases harvest by 5% then every once in a while when harvest cabbage u find a lady bug use em just like humus or fertilizer increases by 10% every once in a while harvesting wheat u get a mantis use for 15%. it makes alot more sense then tickets and tractors found and its real farming

anybody saying whats fish and insects got to do with farming needs to google it ;-)

or 5 lacewings befor u can use or 10 20 whatever ggs chooses
    edited 06.10.2013
    dragonfies found every once in a while harvesting ponds use on orchids for 10% increase
    makes more sense than finding a cash register

maggots yup from ur fertilizer harvest u can use that on ur ponds too use to increase pond harvest buy 10% 20 worms to get it stated 100 maggots to increase productiveness

haven't got to the restaurants yet. so i do know how that works .

need a ggs rep or mod in hear how to support this idea its probably the best idea related to farming said
  • FlowerChild (INT1)FlowerChild (INT1) Posts: 127
    edited 06.10.2013

What does the gold mine have to do with farming? Yet we have one.

And there is such a thing as a fish farm. Ever buy farm raised catfish or salmon in the supermarket?
    I think as an extra farm a fish farm could work. Start out selling bait. Earth worms and minnows. Of course you would have to make feed, probably mostly from your grain.
    Then you could upgrade and start raising salmon, or perch. Then perhaps for the most upper levels even have a pearl farm.
    All could be done in huge tanks. Graphically speaking it wouldn't be difficult thing to design.
    edited 06.10.2013
    this is what we have before i make a support ticket i need to have it as detailed out as possible

Fishery or hatchery added-25 worms to start-harvest 45 fish and 10 leaves and a dragonfly at lvl 1
    wildflowers harvest lvl1=random choose of 1 insect
    corn harvest lvl1=1 lacewing(ggs choose of species)-use 25 lacewings on a harvest for 5% increase
    cabbage harvest lvl1=1 ladybug(ggs choose of species)-use 20 ladybugs on a harvest for 10% increase
    wheat harvest lvl1=1 mantis(ggs choose of species)-use 10 on a harvest for 15% increase
    compost harvest lvl1=4 earthworms-use 25 worms on fishery to start
    fertilizer harvest lvl1=24 maggots(ggs choose of species)-use 250 on fishery for 20% increase
    fishery harvest lvl1=1 dragonfly('' '' '' '')-use 25 on your orchids for 10% increase
    replace none related farming items with the insects (example cash register and tickets). use these insects in coop stuff too. whatever the job was for the movie ticket the tractor the cash register replace with these insects

ruff draft 1 : - )
    edited 06.10.2013
    make the insects buyable with gold 1 gold coin per insect
    helps u spend that loose change (spending every last coin in principle spends ur very last penny ggs>(wink wink)
    need a high lvl player to add restaurant stuffs -
    i only have 1 farm so i dnt know how that goes need a higher lvl to finish this ruff draft off feel free to copy n paste to keep it nice n neat
    edited 06.10.2013
    Draft b 4 support ; feel free to copy n paste wit ur add ins to keep it nice n neat

Fishery or hatchery added-25 worms to start-harvest 45 fish and 10 leaves and a dragonfly at lvl 1
    corn harvest lvl1=1 lacewing(ggs choose of species)-use 25 lacewings on a harvest for 5% increase
    cabbage harvest lvl1=1 ladybug(ggs choose of species)-use 20 ladybugs on a harvest for 10% increase
    wheat harvest lvl1=1 mantis(ggs choose of species)-use 10 on a harvest for 15% increase
    fertilizer harvest lvl1=24 maggots(ggs choose of species)-use 250 on fishery for 20% increase
    fishery harvest lvl1=1 dragonfly('' '' '' '')-use 25 on your orchids for 10% increase
    replace none related farming items with the insects (example cash register and tickets). use these insects in coop stuff too. whatever the job was for the movie ticket the tractor the cash register replace with these insects
    need a high lvl player to add restaurant stuffs -?
    need a higher lvl to add extra farms stuffs-?
    and coops?
    then a mod to overview change discuss and well...help lol
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 06.10.2013
    HostileRick, Support is not the correct way to go. The Community Managers and devs look here in this forum, Suggestions, Praise and Criticism for your ideas

Support is a different department with different staff and for solving any issues you have with playing the game

Please :) use the edit button more instead of multi posting please
    edited 06.10.2013
    refer to fish b4 commenting
    Draft b 4 support ; feel free to copy n paste wit ur add ins to keep it nice n neat

and coops?

would prefer mods or higher lvl players comments and editing
    edited 06.10.2013
    Hey HostileRick :), one thread per idea is enough, so I've merged the threads. Staff can see the full discussion then
    edited 06.10.2013
    i dont know how to do this but its a great idea and the community likes it - how can we get this threw . feel free to edit the post to the right words.
    edited 06.10.2013
    how did he get a mine threw when this is like pulling teeth and it makes sense. A mine does not lol
    edited 06.10.2013
    Heh :), I think the mine was GGS' own idea!

You're doing fine in getting your idea through to the right people. I suspect the next farm is very far advanced though and there may not even be a fifth (4th secondary) ever

Even if an idea is accepted it will take many, many months to make it into the game

When we were 'talking' earlier I said that my own preference would be for trees for lumber and sheep and silk worms for textiles for a furniture based farm.

You might be interested in a couple of previous discussions with regard to the next farm, which also mention sheep and silk worms

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?60811-4th-farm&highlight=silk+worms

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?65107-Great-ideas-for-a-new-farm-the-fourth-one.......-and-a-lot-more&highlight=silk+worms
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 06.10.2013
    I've just gone through the whole thread and I'm amazed that no one suggested that we make use of the river outside our farms........ I thought maybe gather enough insects and buy the equipment for your guys and they'll return in a couple of hours with fish or with money equal to the monetary value of the fish :D
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 07.10.2013
    I've just gone through the whole thread and I'm amazed that no one suggested that we make use of the river outside our farms........ I thought maybe gather enough insects and buy the equipment for your guys and they'll return in a couple of hours with fish or with money equal to the monetary value of the fish :D

About that river... things might change a bit regarding that, in the future ^^
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 07.10.2013
    Hmm sounds good :) and it's already making me anxious :D
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    edited 07.10.2013
    LOVE the idea of a Fish Farm - and making Smoked Mackerel Pate in the restaurant :p
    edited 07.10.2013
    I really like the fish farm idea. Especially selling fish in the restaurant. Good one!

Start with a small bait store,
    add on large vats to raise farm catfish,
    Larger vats for salmon.... and like that.

Now I have another idea.

I don't really care for bugs but!!!!

This might be good.

Decor.
    Right now decor ONLY improves workers happiness.
    Well what about decor that specifically effects other things? Say fields?
    It could be something like a beehive on a tree, or a bee keeper with stacks of boxes. Say a 5x5 square thing.
    Or even smaller, 3x3. and placing that touching an orchard, or touching an orchard that also touches orchards. It would effect them all, and increases yield?

Or placing a certain flower patch that attracts say ladybugs. (The graphic could simply be a white flower thing similar to the plain flower decor, change the color, and add a few red bugs above it.)
    And place that touching a field, and it increases yield.
  • edited 07.10.2013
    Penfold wrote: »
    LOVE the idea of a Fish Farm - and making Smoked Mackerel Pate in the restaurant :p

yes another link to the restaurant farm. Also just thought that the garden in the restaurant can produce potatoes to go with the fish so gives another link between the farms.

Could also produce Barley on the first farm which then gets made into vinegar using the distillery on the third farm to then be used in the fish and chips recipe on the second farm.
  • jjsicajjsica Posts: 28
    edited 08.10.2013
    thats auctually a really good idea! i could use more money. i dont think u should have 2 buy it with gold tho. do u mind if i make a poll on that?
    edited 08.10.2013
    Use of gold, like most things in this game, should be a perk. Not necessary to play, but a fun perk.

So.... lets say you have normal fish food.
    but you could spend gold and get "specially treated" fish food.

now.... ha ha! This could be a gamble. You might end up with a huge salmon worth five times the normal ones,
    OR.... you could get a genetic mutation. Say a three eyed blinky. Worth nothing.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 08.10.2013
    Lets just not get all Zynga with it. The amount of ridiculous concepts added to a "farming" game ran off players by the millions there. Plus, the more tedious functions added to the game, the more opportunity to circumvent the difficulty of the game. I REALLY like GGS because it still requires planning and intelligence. (ie: No snowballing Belted Cows and Blue Whales to make 10's of millions of $$$ an hour off of....)
    edited 09.10.2013
    refer to fish b4 commenting

make the insects buyable with gold 1 gold coin per insect-but u also find em so its still free to play
    and coops?

would prefer mods or higher lvl players comments and editing

thats not a lot to change and if the community excepts then its a good idea bringing prosperity to the game and ggs

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • REBURTO2REBURTO2 Posts: 3
    edited 20.10.2013
    The fish idea, I like, but don't hold your breath!! What would you do with the fish?? Can't dare eat them as GGS has some lame policy against Slaughter of animals, and I ain't never seen a live fish get ate!!
    Insects. Doubt that too, that would lead to insecticides, and well.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 20.10.2013
    REBURTO2 wrote: »
    The fish idea, I like, but don't hold your breath!! What would you do with the fish?? Can't dare eat them as GGS has some lame policy against Slaughter of animals, and I ain't never seen a live fish get ate!!

Ikizukuri.

Although, from what I know of this practice, it seems waaaaaaaay WAAAAAAY worse than eating dead (and prepared) seafood.
  • cristi55 (RO1)cristi55 (RO1) Posts: 1
    edited 22.10.2013
    Hey guys, my first post here :) I also like idea like almost everybody here.
    Latten wrote: »
    About that river... things might change a bit regarding that, in the future ^^
    Maybe watermill would be nice add.
    edited 27.10.2013

wow that was dum...
    what do we do with the pigs???...:/

u sell em whole ...
  • martina20martina20 Posts: 1
    edited 27.10.2013
    suggest a fish pond like your piggery but instead it gives u fish?
    what you think?

insects are a big part of farming too, maybe have beneficial insects and creatures like worms , mantises , ladybugs , and dragonflies .

i think of some more suggestions in a little bit.

and am i using the right forum for this?

I think that's upper smart but it could give you any type of fish you want and you can name the types of fish u get:)
This discussion has been closed.