Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

I'm rather Upset

letitrein2letitrein2 Posts: 10
I'm very upset that my pig pens (x4), composter, and chicken coops were all downgraded in looks. why couldn't you make the new upgrades look better instead of down grading the looks of what others have. I am a player that plays everyday and in charge of a co op. This isn't a good way to keep players and I believe an apology should be made as some people work hard to get what they have now I have to re-do my looks. Some kind of compensation should be made or atleast next time take a voting pole with Big Farm players send an email to the co op leaders explaining what is going to happen and see if people want their stuff they worked hard for to look less apleasing. The players have the say when they should vote this is a democratic world!
Post edited by letitrein2 on

Comments

• jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 09.09.2013
    What do you mean by "looks"? Like the layout of your farm, or the appearance of the actual buildings?

If it's the former, how do you "re-do" your looks?
    If it's the latter, wasn't there some announcement where the devs said that new images were getting made but they might still be buggy (as with any new thing)?

Also, what compensation do you want? You didn't lose anything besides "looks", and it's not even clear what that would be worth. The devs are working on it (per the announcement).

Finally, imagine how horrible cumbersome it would be to have everyone have to cast a vote. This is not a democracy. It's not even a democratic world. (And even if it is, it's not a direct democracy; this is why we have mods and CMs to bring the player's voice to the devs.)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 09.09.2013
    We were warned in the Official Announcement
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    ... Please note: for this new feature, graphics of some existing buildings have been changed or replaced. For example, it is almost impossible to add another floor on our Level 5 henhouse, so there are new graphics for lower levels. So do not be too irritated if your building suddenly look different than before ...
    So it sounds like they did try but couldn't make it work to their satisfaction. So we got the apology before the event
    edited 11.09.2013
    Letitrein2 is absolutely right. I am a player who has put some serious time into this game, so I for one think it is really unfair for me and other players to come on to bigfarm to see all of our hard work diminished! I saved up for weeks to upgrade buildings and stys/coops/pens etc. and the way my farm looks is very important to me, then I log on one day to see that all of my hard work for the visual upgrades has been completely laid to waste by the creators of this game. I also don't see why it would have been so hard to add extra levels in which buildings look better, instead of making the ones I've worked hard for look so much worse. The ones that they couldn't do this to, shouldn't have been changed! For example, the chicken coop.
    Bigfarm need to either remove the changes, or amend them. Dedicated players of this game have a right to be 'irritated', they should realise that if they want to continue getting our money for this game, they should listen to the hurt and upset players of it. For the price of gold on this game, a consumer really, REALLY does expect more than excuses and ****.
    And Jaystarr2, just because Letitrein2 couldn't express their point perfectly, doesn't mean it's not a valid one. You're not exactly great at it yourself.

Post edited by Kat Nip: Removed language
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 11.09.2013
    OK i am tired of this. EVERYONE had their buildings downgraded, Not just a few & regardless of time or money spent. Time to deal with it and move on! For real people--it is a GAME.

Maybe new drawings were not ready for this huge update and they will come in a future update. Geez.
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 11.09.2013
    If you just started the game you wouldn't know the difference. Everyone is just use to things looking a certain way. Eventually everyone will get used to it.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 12.09.2013
    Hey guys, just a quick reminder to keep your posts from becoming personal please. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • MsLucyMsLucy Posts: 225
    edited 12.09.2013
    You will just have to upgrade them again to get the old look to your chick coop, pigsty, and cowshed at a new higher level with more harvest from each of them. So in the long run, you get more with the same ol' look. So it's kinda a win - win, and in the end it will be the same look. I hope this will help you to adjust to the same ol' new. :)

Now for the fence......... :) I will loose the cute little picket fence. I had planned to keep that one without ever upgrading to higher levels. I didnt care about the happiness levels. I wanted the picket country look. *sighs* I guess I'll keep the new fence at that same level. I just think the brick ones look like something you would find around a park, not a farm....... This little white one looks ok with my house, even if I miss the picket fence....
  • MsLucyMsLucy Posts: 225
    edited 12.09.2013
    I just looked at upgrading the fence again......... *Does Happy Dance* They put the picket fence back!! :D
    Although, this white one looks better with the white farm house.......
    Now I have to choose............. ?(
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 12.09.2013
    Sorry about that KatNip, there was a whole lot that got deleted off--Believe me. Such a nice update and all I hear is complaining about the buildings look like the previous level.
    edited 12.09.2013
    Aimei wrote: »
    And Jaystarr2, just because Letitrein2 couldn't express their point perfectly, doesn't mean it's not a valid one. You're not exactly great at it yourself.

Who are you?

ANYWAY, I am honestly completely baffled at the number of people who are complaining about the update making their farms ugly. Really? I thought you don't upgrade your farm because you want it to look good. You upgrade your farm because that way it functions better. Looks are a bonus. If you have been used to things being a particular way and they've changed, maybe there's a reason for that which outweighs mere aesthetics.

Okay, so I guess maybe you have invested time and money into making your farms look good, but so did everyone else on the game. EVERYONE'S farm looks a little bit more ghetto now, but hey, I don't see this as a cause for complaint if it has the potential to run better (and also look better) in the future.
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 12.09.2013
    It's only a temporary change. Do the new upgrades and it will look how you want again, or with some of the upgrades, it will look even better. I love the new look of some of the upgrades and looking forward to seeing my farm fully upgraded again.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 12.09.2013
    I am with Rhon on this one, we did get a warning up front and some of the new looks of the buildings were simply not upgradable. Therefore they did a downgrade so you are able to upgrade them further again (and get better produce as well).

Also, it is a characteristic of humanity to be against any change ;) But I promise, it will get better. Take a step back, outweigh pros and cons and then take your decision again. If it is the same, be my guest and tell GGS, but do take into account that other people may think differently and respect their opinions as well. If you disagree, that is okay, but tell it politely :)
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 12.09.2013
    I'm happy that we got a heads up and that thanks to the new levels I can make much more produce then I previously could (once I unlock them of course;);)) my ONLY complain as far as looks is the silo it just got smaller but that's it and Larino is right just presenting your thoughts in a frustrated manner isn't the best way to express yourself :):) So stay safe everyone and happy farming :)
    edited 12.09.2013
    Jaystarr2
    Who are you?
    'Be respectful of other's opinions'.

My opinion is, this game is a con.
    edited 12.09.2013
    I'm with Letitrein2 - rather than down grade what people have spent months and real money on getting, be more creative GGS, it's not hard to create something that looks even better and will make the game more appealing bringing in new customers and old to see what changes have been made. i understand the general annoyance, yes they may make productivity better but that was the bonus before you got a better looking farm for it, i now have to spend more time and possibly money to get something that I've already had and then had taken away from me, it's pointless
    edited 12.09.2013
    what a con as well, just another way to get people spending yet more money on gold :/
    edited 12.09.2013
    ^ That is bam bam6's opinion, so instead of turning round and saying he is wrong, why don't you 'respect' it?

Players have paid for visual upgrades. With actual money. Those visual upgrades have been taken away. We don't have our money back.

It is my OPINION that it is very worrying that so many people are okay with this.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 12.09.2013
    Well, Jay is also only giving her opinions! Nothing more, nothing less.

I really had to get used to the look of my farm again as well, but since I love the new upgrade options, I'll get around that :D
  • AnnaCeciliaAnnaCecilia Posts: 80
    edited 12.09.2013
    I thought all the "dowgraded" buildings are ones which were upgradable just using farm dollars, so no actual money (gold) needed to be spent on them?

I do understand the annoyance about the looks, it's kind of disappointing to see my silo shrunk to a dumpy little thing and my pigsties looking a bit shabby. i think GGS could have at least given us different designs, not just downgraded them to the ones we already moved on from. Would it have been so hard to just give the buildings some new features so they didn't look like a downgrade?

In the end though I'm mostly glad the buildings can now be upgraded more, which means players who've reached high levels now have new challenges and rewards and there is more for me to look forward to.
    edited 12.09.2013
    Money was spent on gold that went on speeding up the construction of these buildings and money was spent on gold to pay for extra cash to afford the upgrades. I did this, because I wanted my farm to LOOK better. Now it looks worse. What is the point in putting all that effort in again for the new upgrades? GGS will probably create another update that will make them look even worse as soon as i get them looking decent again!

And asking me who I am isn't expressing an opinion that I need to respect. That, I feel, is getting unnecessarily personal.
    I was simply stating that Jaystarr should respect Letitrein's opinion, as their opinion is not worth any more.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 12.09.2013
    Not everybody is spending gold on the game like others. I did not spend gold on speeding up and being able to pay for the upgrades. I did spend gold on a water tower and on some decorations and on the co-op. Others indeed spend gold on levelling up their farm faster (including making it look nicer and getting more profits and other reasons).

Therefore not everybody will have a problem with the new downgrades. I can accept them, because I paid everything with dollars and I earn enough dollars to upgrade them again. Just need to wait for a bit until I have enough. For me there is no fun in this game if I speed up everything and complete my farm fast that way.

I do understand it is a lot of effort to upgrade and even more effort to get back to the old look, but I can see it as a new challenge :) Therefore I am one of the people that is okay with the update.
    edited 12.09.2013
    And asking me who I am isn't expressing an opinion that I need to respect. That, I feel, is getting unnecessarily personal.
    I was simply stating that Jaystarr should respect Letitrein's opinion, as their opinion is not worth any more.

I never read anything in Jay's post where she didn't respect Letitreins opinion. She disagreed, which is her opinion!

She did ask a lot of questions, apparently she wanted to understand.
    edited 12.09.2013
    Money was spent on gold that went on speeding up the construction of these buildings and money was spent on gold to pay for extra cash to afford the upgrades. I did this, because I wanted my farm to LOOK better. Now it looks worse. What is the point in putting all that effort in again for the new upgrades? GGS will probably create another update that will make them look even worse as soon as i get them looking decent again!

Wow.

This should be obvious, but in case it is not: Nobody told you to spend gold to make your farm pretty. That was your choice. I don't see why it is a problem for GGS because YOU decided to spend gold in a particular way. If you think you have been scammed by GGS, please by all means sue them or something.

As I (and many others) have said before, EVERYONE was affected by the upgrade, and EVERYONE'S farm now looks a bit more ghetto. But that is necessary for the farm to be able to expand, which will overall provide you with a better farm than just one that is pretty but severely limited in what it can produce.

Of course, you're free to spend more gold to make your farm look pretty faster, but hey, that's your prerogative.
    edited 12.09.2013
    'Wow, that should be obvious, but in case it is not'

Wow! Jaystarr, you are quite a rude individual!
    edited 12.09.2013
    It just didn't seem like you were understanding the issue, so I wanted to make it clear for you so we would be on the same page for further discussion. Way to not appreciate the help. :(

I just think that the upgrades are overall a good thing, and there is more to it than just the fact that it looks ghetto.
    edited 12.09.2013
    When you pay for something you expect to be able to keep it. Not get it taken away and asked to pay for it again.
    edited 12.09.2013
    That wasn't help. That was you speaking to me like I am an idiot and it's not really appreciated. Next time, if you want to HELP, be a little politer.
    edited 12.09.2013
    Wasn't it obvious then?

And you didn't pay for the specific graphics, that is nowhere in the terms of GGS. They didn't downgrade the buildings, just the looks.

I liked my old looks better too, so I'm gonna work on it to get them back there.
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 12.09.2013
    When you pay for something you expect to be able to keep it. Not get it taken away and asked to pay for it again.

But nothing was taken away. The buildings still produce the same amount.

You were actually given something for nothing. You now have the opportunity to increase their production!
    edited 12.09.2013
    If you're happy getting ripped off by an internet gaming company then I guess I'll just leave you to it, have fun :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file