Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Low money rewards in mystic boxes to be changed !

PhatfredPhatfred Posts: 3
5000-10000 in money reward from gold boxes is waaay too low maybe u can change it to like 10-50k since we are spending real money on gold !!

am i the only one about it ?
Post edited by Phatfred on

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 12.09.2013
    I agree, i'm thinking even 10-50k isn't enough on a box that requires gold. I could easily obtain that amount of money by harvesting my orchards.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 12.09.2013
    Hey guys,

I think you are missing the point. If all the prizes were worth the amount of gold spent to buy the box then there would be no risk in the event and nothing to stop people buying it. Consider the money as being at the lower end of the prize scale.

Regards,
    Ethan
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 12.09.2013
    Every time the mystery boxes appear I tell myself, "Thanks GGS for saving me gold". There are so many worthless prizes in these, in my opinion, that they really are not worth buying. A few thousand dollars or a few XP are worthless to me. I wish that they would improve the mystery boxes, but then again, perhaps not - I would be spending more gold, lol.
  • david68 (GB1)david68 (GB1) Posts: 2
    edited 12.09.2013
    I think it is Goodgame that are missing the point here. The idea is to get us too buy gold from them to spend on these sort of things. I purchased a mystery box and received 10 points which was completely unworth it. I complained and said that was the last time I would spend gold on anything like that, so goodgame have lost future sales because the reward was so low. I accept that sometimes a loss would be made against the chance of a gain, that is the whole point of gambling but if the losses are too high you don't gamble.

You really should look at this if you want to encourage us to use our gold and buy more.
  • DixieDeb (US1)DixieDeb (US1) Posts: 40
    edited 12.09.2013
    I know this may not be a popular view, but I'm gonna post it anyway. I look at this as just what it is - a gamble. I go in with a set amount I'm willing to spend (for me it's usually 1,000 gold). Maybe I'm just lucky, but I usually win that in super feed, fert or humus - which is the reason I do it. If not, well that was the gamble I chose to take. I get a few bucks or a few extra XP, it may not be what I hoped for but at least it's not a total waste.

Just as not everybody chooses to buy gold, not everbody chooses to gamble.
  • AnnaCeciliaAnnaCecilia Posts: 80
    edited 12.09.2013
    ^I agree with you DixieDeb! It's a gamble and that's what you need to realise when you decide to buy the boxes. I'm pretty disappointed too when I get a few measly experience points, but it was my choice to take that chance. And in the end, you still get something, even if it's only a small reward. In real life gambling you stand the chance to lose everything you put in and not even get a tiny reward. Many people still gamble, even though the losses can be astronomical. I'm more like you DixieDeb, I allow myself to spend an amount I set myself and stick to that, whatever I win.
  • LEADER STARLEADER STAR Posts: 6
    edited 12.09.2013
    i agree if there were a bigger money prize is better . we are spending golds so it have to be a better prize .
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 13.09.2013
    I agree with LeChastang, GGS obviously run this to encourage players to spend gold. The more gold you spend the happier they are. This is one event that I believe could make them a great deal more money from gold buyers - if the prizes were better more boxes would be bought. Simple economics.

But as long as they continue to offer a handful of XP or dollars GGS are saving me real life $ and in game gold. Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file