Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

To Do List/Post It's

It would be nice to have a little post it note. When your farm becomes quite advanced I sometimes forget which object on which farm I was saving for. You log in and rush to harvest whatever co op project your working on and sometimes have to sell alot to raise money. It would be nice if we had a tiny say emoicon... where you can put a phrase in it or just a little post it to write something like "saving 1 mil,cottage update, don't spend!". Sometimes it takes serious planning to figure out which to do first. Some may not be so serious about it but I find it fun. Just a suggestion, this game is amazing, no need for judgmental replies. I wrote about a bank and people attacked me about "what will it teach kids vs saving and not using credit like our forefathers?" who lets a game teach a kid? sigh... :)God bless you all.
Post edited by FollowingJesus on

Comments

• aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 03.09.2013
    I like this idea, I would use little post it notes. Like you, I have something planned, then forget and restart a process and have to wait again until it's done.

I remember your other post about banks, don't feel attacked :-). The trouble with email is that all non-verbal language, tone, emotion, facial expressions are lost. Sometimes that may mean an email comes across in a way that the writer did not at all intend for it to be taken. Direct, to the point emails may sometimes seem harsh but usually are not meant to be read like that at all. I always prefer to give the writer the benefit of the doubt unless they are being obviously rude, which doesn't happen very often.

Anyway, re the bank idea - well we now have the gold mine where we can bank our money!! Your idea was a good one!

Actually, I can imagine some homeschooling parents could use this game to teach some math skills to their kids, lol.
  • SMELLY FARMER (AU1)SMELLY FARMER (AU1) AU1 Posts: 3
    edited 03.09.2013
    Yes a very good idea...would be nice to have a place to write a quick note
  • Jumbo Whiffy (GB1)Jumbo Whiffy (GB1) Posts: 44
    edited 03.09.2013
    good idea!
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 03.09.2013
    Personally I have a notebook (yes real pencil and paper) where I write down my to do lists. But it might be a nice idea because there are many times when I come on and start harvesting and feeding without thinking about what I want to upgrade or work on. Only problem is it will probably be in someone's way :S

P.S. Games evolved to teach children while they have fun. Earliest games where often about developing skills and imitating adult behave, and as a parent my favorite games have some element of learning. Just a little aside.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 03.09.2013
    I like the idea of a notepad/post-it on the farm, especially now with 3 farms to juggle.

However, I suggested it a long time ago and was told to use the notepad/MS Word function on my computer to keep track of that sort of thing. Obviously that's what I do now, but it's still cumbersome to have to open up a separate program for notes (and keep them up to date) when it would be much easier to do all that ingame.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 03.09.2013
    I like pen/paper--having something in game would make it go slower.
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 03.09.2013
    I do too like your idea! There's been many times that i just forgot what i was planning to do! Maybe a "hide-reveal" arrow would help to keep everything neat.
    edited 03.09.2013
    Call me old fashion but I like to use pen and paper over a computer :)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 03.09.2013
    I already have too many post its and notes as it is to keep track of which ones are game specific! :P Also, I play this game at at least three different places; having the one location at which all my notes are for the game would be handy. (To be fair, using a cloud/file sharing program and MS notepad would functionally be similar, but not all people have file sharing capacities, and the reasons I mention before would still apply.)
  • RachaelB (AU1)RachaelB (AU1) Posts: 76
    edited 03.09.2013
    This is a really good idea. Perhaps we could have a in-game notebook and some way to mark a building we intend to upgrade. That way the playing field wouldn't become more cluttered.
  • italktofakesitalktofakes Posts: 74
    edited 04.09.2013
    I use pen and paper its handy and its right here
  • PhilthefarmerPhilthefarmer Posts: 3
    edited 04.09.2013
    That would be good
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 04.09.2013
    I use pen and paper too. Little square pieces of paper that find their way all over my desk.
    I do have to agree with Jay that I do lose them and sometimes wonder to which game certain papers belong :)
    edited 04.09.2013
    I have a notebook dedicated to the game, that way it is always together and I won't loose it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file