Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion For Gold Mine

So the money part of the Gold Mine is useless to me, and I m sure others.
Really, $2,000 in 50 hours?
I can make 500 times that amount in that amount of time.

So my proposal is simple: Every couple of levels increase the amount of dollars put in and then received from the Gold Mine.

For example:
Level 1-15 Put in $2,000, receive $4,000
Level 15-25 Put in $5,000, receive $10,000
Level 25-35 Put in $15,000, receive $30,000
Level 35-45 Put in $25,000, receive $50,000
Level 45-55 Put in $50,000, receive $100,000

I know that this is highly unlikely to be used in the game, but I had to at least suggest it.

~Space~ :)
Post edited by SuperSpaceGirl (GB1) on

Comments

• MalikBilal2MalikBilal2 Posts: 374
    edited 02.09.2013
    well really I like it. for a high level player this is nothing except gold buyers. the mine is only useful to low level players. so I completely agree with your idea
  • bøffe (SKN1)bøffe (SKN1) Posts: 383
    edited 02.09.2013
    YES! Then there would a reason to use the mine :)
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 02.09.2013
    I agree and the good thing is that it still follows the original get double money back formula :D
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 02.09.2013
    Well given that I will not be using the mine once the tasks are completed I would welcome any improvement which makes it more useful to me. However I can't see it happening because GGS have once again angled it towards gold users, so if it is made more enticing for non-gold users it will not have the desired effect of increasing their gold sales.
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 02.09.2013
    i really dont see how the mine could be useful to even small players.i had really high hopes for it too.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 02.09.2013
    Well if it wasn't for the people spending gold we wouldn't have a game to play. There has to be some kind of incentive for them to buy it.

I most likely won't be using the gold portion of the mine, but easy money if you want farm cash. Just collect the license and press a button.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 02.09.2013
    Does anyone have any idea how often licenses drop from the mill? While I think this is an awesome suggestion for cash, I can't imagine that it'll make much difference if mining licenses are super rare to start with. :/
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 02.09.2013
    I guess we will see Jaystarr. This is one of those things that I will have to try and see how it works. Some people will like this and some won't.
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 02.09.2013
    I'm getting the impression that the normal licenses are about as rare as Monty's tokens - I've been milling all day and have not got one yet. I think I'd be more successful looking for hen's teeth and rocking horse poop.
  • Myriad3Myriad3 Posts: 77
    edited 02.09.2013
    You only need one every two days though, so the droprate doesn't have to be all that high. Unless you're planning on upgrading the thing with gold. I already got one today, so far so good.
  • aardvark2aardvark2 Posts: 59
    edited 02.09.2013
    gold mine seems a bit boring and pointless,
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 02.09.2013
    i actually found 1 license after making cow feed but unless they make the money portion of the mine better,i still see it useless. as for the gold part you will have to spend about 50$ of real money to get 50,000 gold for the prime deal to get the gold license.then after weeks and weeks of exchanging 2000 gold for 4000 gold you end up with 100,000 gold assuming you didnt spend even 1 coin on anything but the mine.OR you could wait for a +50% gold deal,buy that same 50$ package and end up with 91,000 gold in less than 1 minuet.i am truly surprised that they made this potentially great building so useless and hope it is improved in the very near future.
  • Sassy13Sassy13 Posts: 11
    edited 03.09.2013
    i actually found 1 license after making cow feed but unless they make the money portion of the mine better,i still see it useless. as for the gold part you will have to spend about 50$ of real money to get 50,000 gold for the prime deal to get the gold license.then after weeks and weeks of exchanging 2000 gold for 4000 gold you end up with 100,000 gold assuming you didnt spend even 1 coin on anything but the mine.OR you could wait for a +50% gold deal,buy that same 50$ package and end up with 91,000 gold in less than 1 minuet.i am truly surprised that they made this potentially great building so useless and hope it is improved in the very near future.

Well said and I totally agree
  • Dreamer (INT1)Dreamer (INT1) INT1 Posts: 66
    edited 03.09.2013
    Totally agree with dragonpride - I was really looking forward to the goldmine, but was totally under-impressed. What a disappointment :(
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 03.09.2013
    I haven't been on much today. The gold mine thing is silly and not worth my time, especially when the math is done. Geez. Even the updates that cost gold don't really do much except take a few hours off the time.

The reward is far too long for the amount of time required. If this goldmine thing is to help out the newbie get started, i don't think they will benefit from it.
  • Suzie4Suzie4 Posts: 105
    edited 03.09.2013
    I agree SuperSpaceGirl.... what is the use to the higher levels... make $2000 profit in 50 hours (or even in 24 hours with full upgrade) when most upgrades on the farms that needs doing are over $5,000,000, and blocks of land $20,000,000 to $31,000,000

At level 12 it would have put a smile on my face :) .... by level 20... not so much :( lol
  • MalikBilal2MalikBilal2 Posts: 374
    edited 03.09.2013
    yup suzie.its totally useless to high level non gold buyers. ggs really do need to improve it or take it out of the game
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 04.09.2013
    I have to agree with all the negative reviews on The Gold Mine. The mining licenses do drop quite easily when making cow feed in the mill BUT 50 hours to make a $2000 profit??? I can make 10 times that amount during a 1 hour mission so unfortunately it seems the gold mine is yet another update that promised so much but delivers nothing especially to high level players. Easy fix.......make gold licenses drop when harvesting and producing on the main farm. They can be as rare as montys tokens but just knowing there's a possibility one will eventually drop makes it all worthwhile.
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 05.09.2013
    Great suggestion SuperSpaceGirl ! Hope GGS will make an improvement like it !
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 05.09.2013
    Yes I agree that Miss Super S. Girl's idea is a great one...even with my limited math skills...which are legend at P.S. 117...the time and amount you get back, even if free, seems a waste of what could be a nice new building. Of course never would pass inspection here in Chicago...no fence to keep out little kids, no watchman and not any no-show workers from the Syndicate :S...just wouldn't float here. But what do I know...right! Be safe and hug a warm puppy or person and make their day.
  • evadenzinevadenzin Posts: 15
    edited 08.04.2014
    agreed!

thumbs up for the suggestion and the formula!
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 08.04.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how often licenses drop from the mill? While I think this is an awesome suggestion for cash, I can't imagine that it'll make much difference if mining licenses are super rare to start with. :/

Well, on my farm, about 1 every 2 days. Since I cant hold more than 2 at a time, it could be much higher, but I use 1 about every 2 days so...
  • ashley292ashley292 Posts: 231
    edited 08.04.2014
    I really like your suggestion..It really is useless for me...!!
  • edited 08.04.2014
    Well I am glad more people like my suggestion. And I am still crossing my fingers that maybe someday GGS will increase the amount of money we get in the Mine, I don't even care if they use my formula or not, but I would just like it if they would give us some more money.

~Space~
  • GwynethAngie (US1)GwynethAngie (US1) Posts: 87
    edited 09.04.2014
    It blows my mind every time I see someone that has actually upgrading this thing. The math is very cruel for this scam of a building. 100k gold to upgrade to level 5 would take 50 gold permits and almost 2 months, and thats just to .... get back to even. If you do decide to purchase a Prime Event for gold permits, as mentioned in an earlier post, the amount of time it takes to recoup your investment vs a 50% offer is hardly worth it. The solution is really pretty simple. Make them a rare drop, but not rare enough to deter people from upgrading it or lower the cost to upgrade it. For the non gold buyers drastically increase the amount gained by using a normal permit, even more then was suggested in the original post. As of right now, the only use I have for it is the achievements. Before the achievement was added I only used normal permits to stop from accidentally upgrading the darn thing. Probably the single most over hyped, under-used building on the farm. Oh wait, I see a tall tower next to it that I think holds decos .... nevermind.
  • Hedghogplop2Hedghogplop2 Posts: 18
    edited 10.04.2014
    Great suggestion, this would really make the gold mine a worthy neighbor to my farm! Regular (cash) licenses drop every other day or so, and while I haven't really been keeping keen track, I'm pretty sure they primarily drop when I've produced the max amount of cow feed from the mill.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file