Login Problems? Click here for help!

I hate Monty

I don't get the carnival barker fun-times at the fair game nonsense.
Yes, yes, yes I know - you harvest like a fiend and maybe get a token. Or maybe you give the wheel a whirl with the one token Monty 'gives' you and lady luck flicks her fickle fingers of fate in your direction, rewarding you with some cow poop.
But really - its not fun.
I have nevah-evah-evah harvested a token. Evah.

I would rather Monty guessed me age, or my weight or my natural hair color than ask me to spin that flashing wheel.
Or - how about that our little workers dolled our tokens when Monty's in town? I think he might persuade them to join him in his sly gaming ways and as they trot around my farm to muck out stalls and and milk the cows they could give out a token much like they give out the much coveted and very occasional star of progress.
Post edited by maudelebowski on
maudelebowski @ us 1

Comments

• SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 30.08.2013
    I said it prior to the release, it's just gambling added to the game to increase gold consumption.
    SirGeorge @ us 1
    Co-op Farmers first

SirGeorge @ WWW1
    Co-op Larino
  • aardvark2aardvark2 Posts: 59
    edited 30.08.2013
    Oh you cynics, I'm sure it was designed to give us all something else of interest to engage with in the game and the fact that the gold deal occurred three times on the same day was a mere co-incidence!
    aardvark @ en 1
  • SaumyaD2SaumyaD2 Posts: 42
    edited 30.08.2013
    i also havent harvest a token ever
    wizard_signature_by_xcustomgraphix_d4fqvsw.jpg

Farming Wizards
    # Rank 5 Cooperative IN1
    Motivated, High energy players with a great sense of humour! We succeed in tackling EVERY challenge with smiles on our faces!
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 30.08.2013
    He's also just creepy. While I'm acutely aware of the "here's yet another way for us to get people to buy gold" ploy, I just have NO idea why a village of little farms would need a flashy carivalesque showman to come bearing gaudy tokens and a wheel that gives you poop and corn. I think he's secretly a moustache-twirling villain on the run. :) (Basically I don't see how Monty belongs in the game at all except as a not-so-hidden gold buying ploy.)
    b3vhjn.jpg
    jaystarr2 @ us 1

Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 30.08.2013
    That's an accurate way of putting it jay :):):):):):):) I read that you will keep getting tokens even after monty is gone but I haven't seen one ever except the ones I won with the free spins
    Beware of "THE DARK SIDE"...(en 1):):):)
    Are you on US1, EN1 or NL1 and do you want to learn what a co-op is all about? Or do you simply want to complete the co-op task? Try the training co-op! (click here)
    Contact support here
    Larino has an mazing website full of amazing tricks and tips. All you need to do is click here
    A Big farm wiki made by our very own Katnip.That can be found here

25iuadh.jpg
    Thanks Manish!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 105,361
    edited 30.08.2013
    I think you mis read, ezio. The tokens only appear as a random drop, very rarely, while Monty and his Wheel are on your farm. You keep any unused tokens though, even after he goes, so they are available for later use
  • paultje19752paultje19752 Posts: 217
    edited 30.08.2013
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    He's also just creepy. While I'm acutely aware of the "here's yet another way for us to get people to buy gold" ploy, I just have NO idea why a village of little farms would need a flashy carivalesque showman to come bearing gaudy tokens and a wheel that gives you poop and corn. I think he's secretly a moustache-twirling villain on the run. :) (Basically I don't see how Monty belongs in the game at all except as a not-so-hidden gold buying ploy.)

you hit the nail on the head (sorry dutch expression)

in our coop from 55 nobody got any token from harvesting or producing....

i also feel this is a lost investment of time from developers...they better use there time to fix some bugs (message system) and program things we really are waiting for (4the farm, collection board for coop projects).....but well what do we know we only play this game......
    paultje1975 @ nl 1
    paultje1975 @ us 1
    Want to be part of the nr1 fun co-op on the US1 server? mission cafe is accepting applications RIGHT NOW!
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 30.08.2013
    rhon3 wrote: »
    I think you mis read, ezio. The tokens only appear as a random drop, very rarely, while Monty and his Wheel are on your farm. You keep any unused tokens though, even after he goes, so they are available for later use

Ah I had a feeling I miss read thanks Rhon :):):)
    Beware of "THE DARK SIDE"...(en 1):):):)
    Are you on US1, EN1 or NL1 and do you want to learn what a co-op is all about? Or do you simply want to complete the co-op task? Try the training co-op! (click here)
    Contact support here
    Larino has an mazing website full of amazing tricks and tips. All you need to do is click here
    A Big farm wiki made by our very own Katnip.That can be found here

25iuadh.jpg
    Thanks Manish!
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 30.08.2013
    I spent both free tokens each time he visited--first time i got 2 premium pig feed, 2nd spin was 3 prem chick food. I didn't get any tokens from harvesting. If i was to buy golds--I don't think i would spend them with Monty, but if i get some free tokens to burn--I will for sure spin it. The other events I can get through most of the time pretty easily--this one is disappointment for me, so this one won't be a focus like the other events.
    monica7953 @ us1
    My heart got left on a different farm game time to shrink it a little--I don't think most remember that one anymore ;(
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 30.08.2013
    I'm not going to spend gold on tokens, so I think if I want to do the super fancy bonus spin thingy I'll just have to ignore the fact that Monty is creeping on my farm, and then save up my tokens, rather than possibly get a pile of poo with it.

But I totally agree with this sentiment:
    i also feel this is a lost investment of time from developers...they better use there time to fix some bugs (message system) and program things we really are waiting for (4the farm, collection board for coop projects).....
    I think that I can totally live with not having Monty around, but things like fixing existing problems like the stupid mail bug (which has been around FOREVER and is still not fixed), the length of messages, the other problems that have been plaguing us would have benefited a lot more people than wheeling (punful, haha) out this guy who is just another way for the game to try to sell gold.
    b3vhjn.jpg
    jaystarr2 @ us 1

Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!
  • choppychop (GB1)choppychop (GB1) Posts: 789
    edited 31.08.2013
    they are just RARE to collect. no one in my co-op have got free tokens in harvests except one person who gets them all the time for no reason! He's just lucky! you might get a lucky spin though. one is free tokens and the person in my co-op who kept getting everything (yes, i know what you are thinking, he is NOT a gold buyer) got 5 tokens!
    Life is like a book
Sign In to comment.