Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Great ideas for a new farm the fourth one....... and a lot more

I got a great idea by Putterfarmer (NL) for a new farm or new products for the farm:
Grapes for wine to make
Barley for beer to make
Apples for cider
Lemons for lemon liqueur and other products that can make
Coffee beans for coffee etc.

Maybe there still can be a new farm come in Big Farm where you hold sheeps as many in the forum suggest and other animals for a farm where you can get products from

A distillery for alcoholic beverages.
A factory that produced of sheepskin and
A wool factory where clothes be made of this wool
Furthermore, a shop where you can buy these products and consuming

Another idea is a Zoo at the farm ..... where farm products can be enjoyed by the animals who reside there
Post edited by Wokkel (NL1) on

Comments

• Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 14.05.2013
    I don't know if the alcohol will go over here as there are kids that play this game. The other ones sound good though.
  • Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    edited 14.05.2013
    Given that none of the imaginary animals in this game are processed for meat products for fear of offending people, I think that the production of alcohol will be viewed in the same way. Coffee beans, cocoa beans, tea bushes, camomile, strawberries, could all be used to produce teas, coffee, hot chocolate and milk shakes in a coffee bar on the 4th farm though.

cotton could be grown, silk worms farmed, sheep farmed to produce cotton, silk, wool, tweed, to make various clothing items.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 14.05.2013
    Check out the map and it looks like the fourth farm already has a theme as the symbol is a saw

However, we can hope for a fifth :) too. I like the idea of clothing from sheep, cotton and silk worms (mulberry trees too then) and a coffee bar or soda fountain with various drinks
  • Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    edited 14.05.2013
    a saw! that's what it is, I couldn't tell. We'll be growing woods then, maybe we'll be growing different kinds of tress and then producing different kinds of furniture and maybe paper also?
  • AstragekAstragek Posts: 495
    edited 14.05.2013
    a sawmill, construction house, that kind of stuff maybe :D
    We can design our own wooden decorations??? that would be awesome
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 14.05.2013
    Wokkel wrote: »
    Another idea is a Zoo at the farm ..... where farm products can be enjoyed by the animals who reside there

I do like this idea.:)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 14.05.2013
    Wokkel, this topic might be of interest to you. :) I think the idea of a winery is hilariously awesome so I went back 10 pages of topics to find this one again :D
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 14.05.2013
    winery and hilarious? i don't think so..:D:D:D
    simply speaking wine cant be added to this game because its the only game that doesn't need parental guidance :D
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 14.05.2013
    It was facetious.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 15.05.2013
    Guys, I remember the last time we had a debate over alcohol on the farm - jaystarr provided the link for it. It resulted in the thread being closed because it got a bit out of hand. I very much doubt that alcohol will be introduced on the farm so think carefully before you post about it in this thread. Thanks. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • edited 15.05.2013
    I posted the idea of a clothing farm in another thread, So i love the idea of a clothing farm.
    A zoo would be cool to.
    I also am wondering what that SAW means, I think that we could be growing wood and then building stuff like that.
    Whatever it will be i am sure that it will be great!
  • smurfgwenn (NL1)smurfgwenn (NL1) Posts: 8
    edited 15.05.2013
    I understand the comment about alcoholic beverages on the farm, but when I go to other children's play look and play farm then you see also that of grape wine is bottled. See the problem is not why that would not be able to here. One must stop to with anything and everything to keep into account when making games. As Muslims who don't eat pork, India where the cow is considered Sacred and alcohol because children play this game. Me has been noticed that especially older play this game ... ...Are we talking about children that are the mostly teenagers ... ... as if a game to them consuming alcohol ... ...No! That are other factors such as friends, holidays, clubbing etc. ...... So the problem of alcohol I find no problem.

Besides a lot of additions were given what is possible ... ... ... thank you so much @ Emma66 Nader
    edited 15.05.2013
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    It was facetious.
    then im sincerely sorry :)
  • MenaceDawg1980MenaceDawg1980 Posts: 93
    edited 16.05.2013
    Kat Nip2 wrote: »
    Guys, I remember the last time we had a debate over alcohol on the farm - jaystarr provided the link for it. It resulted in the thread being closed because it got a bit out of hand. I very much doubt that alcohol will be introduced on the farm so think carefully before you post about it in this thread. Thanks. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif

How could anything involving alcohol get out of hand :p
  • sac77777777sac77777777 Posts: 39
    edited 06.07.2013
    '...the fourth farm already has a theme as the symbol is a saw'

Rhon3, I thought it was a paintbrush, with a bit of blue paint on it...
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 06.07.2013
    '...the fourth farm already has a theme as the symbol is a saw'

Rhon3, I thought it was a paintbrush, with a bit of blue paint on it...
    Yes, it is now. It changed about 2 weeks ago. When it changed another Farmer wondered if the symbols were actually a progress report and not an indication of what to expect. So saw was Work in Progress and paintbrush Finishing Touches

All guess work of course. We'll only know when it gets here :)
  • justme1232justme1232 Posts: 157
    edited 23.08.2013
    I like the idea of the fourth farm being a furniture farm!! In place of the garden, meadow you could have tree farms. Oak, maple, pine, teak. We could also use wood collected from apple and cherry trees. No need for fertilizer, maybe have something brand new for this farm only like a well to supply water!!! We could build furniture to sell, or like someone else stated maybe a few of our own decorations!!!! I think it would be beautiful and earthy in feel. And the cabin could be a log cabin!!! Ooooh the more I think about it, the more I like it!! LOL :D

Ok more thoughts, if we can make our own decorations, then we could have some making that wouldn't conflict with the build time. What I mean is, when production was done it went immediately into our gift basket with the ability to instantly put it out! or to sell! You would have already have waited for the "build" time in the production of making it. This would be SWEET! if the dev's did this for us!
  • NEIL57 (GB1)NEIL57 (GB1) Posts: 202
    edited 24.08.2013
    Maybe we can stuff the cushions with leaves, this might help some of the farmers with a glut of them.
  • philpot (US1)philpot (US1) Posts: 29
    edited 24.08.2013
    how about jams an other types of desserts or product of clothes for worker they out dated let get some new clothes for them it be each farm worker could look different
    edited 24.08.2013
    Since it's a paint brush I guess it might be something great like having the ability to make paint and then use it to decorate the farms but since a paint factory is hardly farm relevant I don't think that thats it :)
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 24.08.2013
    Ezio, the 4th farm used to have a saw icon, that changed to a paintbrush. It's most likely showing the progress in development, that we are getting closer to having it released. IT's been built [saw], now it's having the finishing touches [paintbrush] - painting is the last step in the building process I believe.
  • jJenjJen Posts: 7
    edited 11.09.2013
    I am looking forward to when the fourth farm will be done! There are so many creative ideas of what it might be, and I can't wait to see what the actual result will be.

I had also thought of the possibility that it might be a textile farm. I really like the idea, and glad others have the same reaction. It could work really well with a cotton field, sheep pen, and the silk worms. I think you could even add a llama/alpaca pen, they have amazingly soft fur/wool. The textiles could be part of the shop, either in the form of yarn, fabric, or finished products (clothes). You could also have a dye plant, using wild flowers from MF or products of the medow for the source of color. Maybe these animals could even contribute to the poop production for the silo, that would be really helpful!

Of course it is all speculation, but it is really fun to think about.
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 11.09.2013
    Out of all the ideas I have heard for the fourth farm, I like the idea of a textile farm the best also.
    edited 11.09.2013
    I'm actually hoping it will be like a country style and country side hotel that's shaped like a ranch or something :):):) Oh and thanks for the clarification aussiefarmgal and good luck with the BFAS ;);)
  • Jatho500 (US1)Jatho500 (US1) Posts: 6
    edited 08.10.2013
    My 4th farm has the symbol of a paint brush - a craft shop maybe? making candles out of bees wax, dyes out of flowers, table centerpieces out of flowers and candles, that kind of thing!

Don't like the idea of alcohol, though, sorry!
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 08.10.2013
    They tried the booze thang with one of the other farm games (No names...) and people screamed. People with children and teens who played the game, people who are recovering addicts, etc. Their developers wound up having to completely rework the concept to allow players who opposed it to still use the feature but opt out of seeing anything alcohol. They still kept barley and hops as crops, however...
  • PopaGamer2PopaGamer2 Posts: 39
    edited 03.11.2013
    what about mushroom field?
    mushrooms could be collected in some forest/meadow lookalike field or to add it in flower farm :)
  • Amanda Maye4Amanda Maye4 Posts: 39
    edited 04.11.2013
    I love the ideas of the fourth farm being either a craft shop with making candles and such, or a country hotel. Hotel management games are my favorite after farm management.

I also would not mind something related to fishing. Every real farmer in America has "gone fishin' ", LOL. There could be a bait shop, where you catch and sell nightcrawlers, and a fishtank shop (fish pet store) where you sell new breeds of fish, and frogs, and snails, and fun things you find in peoples fishtanks.
  • PopaGamer2PopaGamer2 Posts: 39
    edited 06.11.2013
    what about adding cherry pie to restaurant menu? on gourmet farm. i didn't see anywhere that thing.
    also, potato. we could make french fries and many other variants of potato on the plate.
  • kicksngiggleskicksngiggles Posts: 1
    edited 06.11.2013
    There are so many really exciting ideas for the next farm. A couple more that I think would be fun are:

A Horse Farm - You could have training facilities, and have options to provide a variety of different types of horses (halter, race, ranch, pleasure, trail, etc), as well as options to have different breeds of horses (Walkers, Quarter Horse, Arabian, etc), and there is always to idea of adopting Mustangs.

Small Fruit Farm - Produce small fruits for deserts, jams, jellies, etc. Types of fruits to produce could include strawberries, grapes, raspberries, etc.

Petting Zoo - Raise animals and train them to be part of your petting zoo. Animals would have to be groomed, fed, pens cleaned, etc. Also along with this, you could produce items for a gift shop.

Craft Fair - Items produced could include wool items, so you could raise sheep, wood crafts (tree production), gourd crafts (garden), metal work (shop, welder, forge), etc.

Just a few ideas I think would be fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file