Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Wheel of Fortune

Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
edited 13.12.2013 in Most Discussed Topics
jWd4lI4YSzWFV.png

First game started at 11:30 game time (CEST) and runs for 24 hours.

GGS announcement -
http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?77132-Wheel-of-Fortune-Update-19.08&p=890934#post890934
12th November 2013 Addition of the hammock & gold mining licence to the jackpot round -
http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?87568-Update-Nov-12-Decorative-and-helpful

8 tokens required for a jackpot spin.

The best jackpots -
Scarecrow 50 :) 4x4
Sunflower seed
Duck pond
Tree house
Playground
Rose seed
Hammock 60 :) 6x3
Gold mining licence

Monty's appearances -
		Days since
Date		previous visit

19/08/13	
29/08/13	10
07/09/13	9
16/09/13	9
26/09/13	10
04/10/13	8
13/10/13	9
16/10/13	3
Missed the dates for 3 events
12/11/13	
20/11/13	8
...and about every week thereafter

My spin experience -

19/8/13
cosy picnic area

12/11/13
1 token
20 premium pig feed
barbecue area
100 wheat
200 corn
20 premium pig feed
big ornamental tree
50 chicken feed
duck pond (Jackpot spin)

21/11/13
20 premium pig feed
400 dung
1 token
100 wheat
150 cabbage
10 premium cow feed
1 token
20 premium pig feed
2 sunflower seeds (Jackpot spin)

19/12/13
200 corn
20 cow feed
20 premium pig feed
30 pig feed
$20,000
150 cabbage
400 dung
cosy picnic area
2 sunflower seeds (Jackpot spin)

4/1/14
50 chicken feed
Cozy picnic area
20 premium pig feed
10 premium cow feed
30 premium chicken feed
150 cabbage
10 premium cow feed
30 premium chicken feed
Duck pond (Jackpot spin)

8/2/14
Big ornamental tree
$20,000
Barbecue area
$100,000
200 corn
10 premium cow feed
$20,000
$100,000
4 rose seeds (Jackpot spin)
Post edited by Daytona (INT1) on

Comments

• edited 19.08.2013
    Very disappointing that only gold can be used. The scarecroach looks nice and I would love to have one... Hope it will be possible to buy it for dollars or gain it as a price. Otherwise I will have to live without it. :-(
  • MalikBilal2MalikBilal2 Posts: 374
    edited 19.08.2013
    ohhhhhhhh. u misunderstood it missup. u can also get chips when working on your farm not only just gold.
  • edited 19.08.2013
    Ohh... Thanx for reply. A little to quick there. :-). Nice to know, so the scarecroach can be in sight if I am lucky. :-)
    edited 19.08.2013
    one more thing..... its scare crow
  • edited 19.08.2013
    So it is.. :-). Working on my english, sorry for the mistake. :-)
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 19.08.2013
    Missup, you need to spin the wheel 8 times to get a chance of winning the scare crow. Tokens will stay in your inventory also between events. So if you are clever, you save your tokens until you have at least 8 and then attempt for the scare crow deco. That may be the next event or 3 events later, I do not know how randomly the tokens will be dropping and how long it will take before you have 8. Anyway, you need to spin it 8 times every new event, so if you spun it 6 times now and the event is over, next event you need to spin it all 8 times again. So then technically you have wasted 6 tokens. That would be a pity.
    edited 19.08.2013
    you are right larino but I barely get tokens. only got 1 the whole event
    edited 19.08.2013
    Ikr, I also had the starting one and haven't got any more yet. Will see to the end if I have a few more. I think I will just try to save them over several events, hoping the events will keep running long enough to get enough tokens together and then probably win a lousy price even :P Oh well, that's life :)
  • lasr2lasr2 Posts: 7
    edited 19.08.2013
    I spun the first token i had and i got 500,000 dollars as a reward.....
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 19.08.2013
    I got about 200k or something. And I got another Barbecue Area.

I haven't found anymore tokens either since last night, and I had everything going until this morning, which means I had a LOT to harvest. Didn't find jack. :(

How do you know when you find a token? Do you get to see it like collectibles, or will it just appear in the Wheel of Fortune screen? Because I haven't seen any of the ones I got so far.
    edited 19.08.2013
    All I can add to that question is that you can also see how many you have in your inventory - equipment tab. For me that is x0, so I have no clue whether they pop up like collectibles or not :(
  • Big Bob3Big Bob3 Posts: 53
    edited 19.08.2013
    The tokens do pop up like any other collectable, but they are small compared to a drop of water or a pile of poo. I almost missed the one (and only) I have gotten, and only noticed because I saw a flash of green as I cleared the screen
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 19.08.2013
    The tokens are random, and very rare, not like the co-op collectibles

And before you ask, no I haven't had any drop for me either
  • Big Bob3Big Bob3 Posts: 53
    edited 19.08.2013
    I am wondering if tokens can drop on the gourmet and flower farms since Monty is illegally parked on those 2 farms as well
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 19.08.2013
    The description in the news says you only get the tokens from doing things around your main farm. I think you're just allowed to spin while at the other farms.
    It's a nice thought.
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 19.08.2013
    How do you know when you find a token? Do you get to see it like collectibles, or will it just appear in the Wheel of Fortune screen? Because I haven't seen any of the ones I got so far.

I never saw mine drop, but it shows up in the Equipment tab of your Inventory.

The tooltip says, "To find interact with: Wheel of fortune", so maybe you have to spin once before you find any more of them? And maybe the reason nobody has been finding more is not just that they're rare, but also because many of us were waiting until after we had collected several before spinning the wheel? (Edit: Nope; I'm wrong about that; I just found a second one without having played the wheel yet.) I don't know; just a thought. *grin* Sometimes I wonder whether the developers read the forums too, and point and giggle at our wild speculations before we figure out how new things actually work!
  • vikingur1- (NL1)vikingur1- (NL1) Posts: 149
    edited 19.08.2013
    I did spin the Wheel with my first coin, but I ever found another coin afterwards.
  • Mae Anne (US1)Mae Anne (US1) US1 Posts: 81
    edited 19.08.2013
    After about 12 hours of intensive gaming - first doing a project for my co-op and then the fairy tale event - I just had a token drop off a corn field. So... they're out there, just really rare.

*edit*
    I have NOT yet spun the wheel, so you don't need to spin to find new tokens.
  • Cloud2 (GB1)Cloud2 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 15
    edited 19.08.2013
    Interestingly enough, I too have just had a token drop from a corn field.
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 19.08.2013
    My one and only was also from corn.
    edited 19.08.2013
    wow! a lot of us just got tokens!
    it is the last half-hour before server midnight. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? (Obviously not, but the mind can't help trying to make connections)
  • AngieGamer71 (US1)AngieGamer71 (US1) Posts: 117
    edited 20.08.2013
    Can you only collect coins while the wheel of fortune is in play, or can they come randomly also when it is not there?
  • tinyandme (US1)tinyandme (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    edited 20.08.2013
    I spun off my 1st token and got only one turd.
    edited 20.08.2013
    Can you only collect coins while the wheel of fortune is in play, or can they come randomly also when it is not there?

The official announcement implies, but does not state, that you can only collect them while Monty is present at your farm.
  • AngieGamer71 (US1)AngieGamer71 (US1) Posts: 117
    edited 20.08.2013
    Thank You for posting the announcement, I hadn't seen it before. I got through almost 2 fairytale steps and not one coin... that is sad that you can harvest about 400 times and not get one!! This randomness has not been kind to me!!
  • mr.malone3mr.malone3 Posts: 5
    edited 20.08.2013
    Many here are stating that you could get chips for the "Wheel of Fortune" by working your farm, but I for one, did not receive a single chip for working my farm. I have worked my farm so hard that after only 2 days of the "Fairy tale time" event, I am on the breadcrumbs. And no, I did not pay gold to get skip any events. Perhaps you used to be able to get chips this way, but I did not see that happening this time. In order to play the wheel, I had to pay gold after the 1st "Free" spin.
    On a plus note, I did get the scarecrow and 3 barbeques. :-)

Update: I have been informed that this is the 1st time for the Wheel of Fortune event. Please excuse my lack of knowledge as I am new here - I was merely attempting to make a simple observation and to add meaningful input this forum, which is why I added both the negative and the positive aspects to my posting. I apologize if my posting has misled anyone in any way and I hope that this update will correct my previous egregious posting. Thank you.
  • mr.malone3mr.malone3 Posts: 5
    edited 20.08.2013
    Mae Anne wrote: »
    wow! a lot of us just got tokens!
    it is the last half-hour before server midnight. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? (Obviously not, but the mind can't help trying to make connections)

I am beginning to suspect that a glitch may have been fixed. Congratulations on your good fortune!!!!!
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 20.08.2013
    Urgh, half a day of harvesting corn fields and all my coops, stys and orchards..........resulting in 1 extra token, just one! Clearly another event aimed at getting people to buy gold. Its understandable but hard not to be disappointed.
  • facesnorthfacesnorth Posts: 13
    edited 21.08.2013
    I spent over 8000 gold on tokens, went through 6 jackpot spins, and am very upset with how crappy my results always end up when I participate in these things. 80% of my spins resulted in things like corn and chicken feed (not even super). I got 6 big ornamental trees (big whoop). A bunch of times I got 2,000 dollars.

If I recall, 5 out of 6 of my jackpot spins resulted in a couple of rose seeds, one time a sunflower seed. The only thing of even mild interest that I got was a playground. But for 8000+ gold??! And I too ran my farm hard during this event, and never saw one free token (not that it would have made a difference).

Last time I ever participate in this one. Same with the "mystery box" for 250 gold. I always end up with garbage on that also. I came home last night from a 16 hour, long hard day (including a 5 hour round trip commute), and treated myself to this, and while a scarecrow would have made my night, this result more or less ruined it.

You shouldn't be able to get screwed like this when you are putting real money down. I don't spend gold often, and clearly when I do I end up disappointed, so why would I spend more? If I knew I was at least going to get what I'd normally get for spending that kind of gold, with the possibility of something more, then maybe they could get me to spend the gold that I otherwise wouldn't be spending. But knowing that there is a huge likelihood that I will not only not even get a typical value for my gold, but end up completely screwed over? Why would I ever spend gold again on events like this.
  • abcdefg82abcdefg82 Posts: 1
    edited 25.08.2013
    right there with ya on that one. i live paycheck to paycheck and i feel that the money i pay for gold is a complete waste more often than not. very discouraging. i also have put tons of hours into this game.
Sign In to comment.