Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Longer Messages Please

aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
edited 11.06.2015 in Suggestions
Is it possible for ggs to allow longer emails? It is frustrating having to send part 1, part 2 emails etc to the coop. I think many would agree the email space is too short.

And a character count that shows how much space is left? It is annoying to get the message that the email is too long when you go to send it and then you have to try and backtrack, edit or delete stuff until you can get the length right.
Post edited by aussiefarmgal on

Comments

• Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 17.08.2013
    I hear you I wish I could write longer messages too!
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 17.08.2013
    Me four too!!!!

It's as you say, frustrating not to be able to write what you want. After, all the minimizing editing, the text becomes almost incoherent and incomplete.
  • cedie3 (US1)cedie3 (US1) US1 Posts: 183
    edited 18.08.2013
    And here's five!
  • vikingur1- (NL1)vikingur1- (NL1) Posts: 149
    edited 18.08.2013
    Six and counting.

Yes, I would really like that.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 18.08.2013
    Seven! Yes please!
  • rabwn5rabwn5 Posts: 107
    edited 18.08.2013
    eight ok ..........
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 18.08.2013
    I was going to say nein, but I think I mean nine :)
  • Dreamer (INT1)Dreamer (INT1) INT1 Posts: 66
    edited 19.08.2013
    Make that 10 :)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 20.08.2013
    I totally agree! I sometimes get into long philosophical discussions with my co-op members and we have to send like 7-8 mails before the whole argument is presented to the other person, who then presumably has to stitch it together and will most likely miss something.

Also, it's just annoying and repetitive to send/receive tons of tiny mails, and I'm sure you could easily cut down on the number of mails you receive and have to open/read by increasing the mail's word limit.

(Combo breaker!)
  • Crystal987 (US1)Crystal987 (US1) Posts: 51
    edited 20.08.2013
    12...:D...totally agree with aussiefarmgal and with every other reason that has been stated here..:)
  • duchessogravityduchessogravity Posts: 178
    edited 20.08.2013
    more space, and make sure the messages sent are actually delivered!
  • Savannahlynn1012Savannahlynn1012 Posts: 5
    edited 29.08.2013
    I completely agree with you. Not receiving messages from your leader that have been sent as a group message. Along with sending messages to your co-op leader. The least our co-op leader deserves is to receive her e-mails and not have to worry about being online all the time. She puts a lot of time, money and effort into the game.
  • Myriad3Myriad3 Posts: 77
    edited 30.08.2013
    Support! Everytime I have to send an ingame message I get pissed off while trying to fit it in the ridiculously small character limit, while trying to still make sense and say the most important things. Because I don't like spamming peoples mail I don't usually send multiple messages, and therefore can't allow any side-notes or details in my mails.
    It also makes it sound very unfriendly when I have to cut out every nice thing and make short, direct sentences.

The character limit is ridiculous to the point there could just as well be no message function at all...
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 30.08.2013
    Let's hope GGS are listening to this, I think there is a lot of favour for longer emails.
    edited 30.08.2013
    Well, the good thing is that nobody here is saying that they should stay their current length or be shorter... :)

Also, maybe it would be useful to actually display the character limit? I hate writing mails when after you've got it all out and you are trying to send it and it keeps telling you you've exceeded the character limit, but you don't know by how much and it's a further exercise in trial and error to figure out how much to cut down.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 30.08.2013
    But first of all, please, please hire a better mailman! I would rather send 3 short mails, flood my coop friends's inbox with my overflow of words, then having a longer message that STILL doesn't get delivered!
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 30.08.2013
    Perhaps an upgrade for the mailman ? :) A bike, a map....and a bigger bag !!! Just to help him find his way on time and not losing anything along the way ! :):)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 14.01.2014
    I'm not sure if this topic has been covered before but i've become a bit frustrated with the word/character limit in messages and in coop chatroom. Its hard enough to communicate with members or to bring new ones into the team but it becomes a whole lot worse when you have to send messages in 3 parts just to get your point across.

The limit in cooperative chatroom is just as bad because it sometimes cuts your message off completely when you hit the limit so you have to write out the entire thing all over again. So my suggestion is to increase the word/character limit to avoid this problem.
  • edited 14.01.2014
    Yes, this is a continuing bug bear of mine too. Having to reduce what I say to make it fit into the p.m. sometimes means that the full meaning is not conveyed. Yes, it really IS annoying when the entire msg in chat is lost too.
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 14.01.2014
    one more vote: yes, increase the character limit :)
  • edited 14.01.2014
    and another vote more..... Yes increase it :-)
  • Myriad3Myriad3 Posts: 77
    edited 17.01.2014
    Yep, I agree. Too many times I had to cut out so many things out of a message that I could just as well not bother sending it at all anymore. That, or I sound like an ass because there's no space for nuance or being nice. I don't want to greet new members with a harsh sounding message, nor do I want to spam their mailbox..
    edited 17.01.2014
    I'm wordy, and I hate the tiny limits on the mails. I think they've actually been increased(!!!!) from when I first started, but the tradeoff is then something else has to give in the game, like you might not be able to store as many mails, or something else. Or so I was told ages ago when this discussion came up. :P
  • minadequate2minadequate2 Posts: 93
    edited 17.01.2014
    Hmmm it would be nice to be able to write longer ones. I do the welcome messages to new members of my coop and if i try to explain a few things its normally continued over at least 3 messages! To get round this i put the coops rules on a image hosting site and then created a tiny url (to make the address short and easy to type) but links aren't clickable and copy/paste only works some of the time so some of the members still can't cope with that! Making weblinks clickable would be super useful (if it doesn't require too much coding etc)
  • Hayseed LilHayseed Lil Posts: 81
    edited 06.03.2014
    I don't know about anyone else, but I wish that we were allowed more space to type messages for our cooperative news and emails. I'd also love more space before I have to begin another section of a message in chat. Would it be hard to implement these changes? They seem minor to me, but I know I'm probably missing something :).

Love,
    Hayseed Lil
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 06.03.2014
    ^ is the exact reason I started the website :D So yes, agree, more space would be really nice (and already agreeing with that for a year or at least as long as the site exists) ^^
  • Uncle WillyUncle Willy Posts: 261
    edited 06.03.2014
    The duration of the chat is too short also. Most of our Co-op is on the east coast, so by the time the sun is rising on the west coast and I arise to check my farm most of my co-ops morning chat has already gone. I am missing so much everyday b\c of the time zones. If the time the chat is there before scrolling away could be increased it be be very helpful.
  • All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 06.03.2014
    Agreed. the number of characters aloud in the news feed in the co-op and chat are too short.
  • cariberrycariberry Posts: 87
    edited 06.03.2014
    hehe what is funny for me is watching my typing go for several seconds and i get annoyed when i miss worker bubbles because my typing is not finished going yet but its funny
  • edited 04.06.2014
    I totally agree!! Titles for E-mails should be longer, I'm needing 3-7 separate messages at times, to fully answer questions, explain things to the group and to help teach our co-op members things. I always run out of room in the middle of a sentence on the chat too! AND if I miss something, or want to chat up something with all members, the chat does not store enough messages! Suddenly it's gone and I have to e-mail all members to get the msg. out. We have members with several different time zones, and countries in our co-op.
Sign In to comment.