Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

water tower or work shop

debrajanedebrajane Posts: 3
What is more important? the water tower or the work shop?
Post edited by debrajane on

Comments

• Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 11.08.2013
    They both can play an important role on your farms, but I would have to say that the water tower is probably the most important. It's what I fully upgraded first, but then the workshop wasn't in existence back then. :)

Even if it was, I would have gone the path of the water tower because it reduces the amount of product you need for both your animals and your orchards.

I'm going to soon upgrade my work shop though, just to ensure I have enough poop for all my orchards. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • edited 11.08.2013
    My vote goes to - Water Tower :-) It is the best investment so far, as it will allow you literally double the number of orchards and animal stables you have (if water tower is fully upgraded). I do not have a workshop on my farm, as I do not really see a need for it, but I have only 4 orchards, so you might need it if you intend to have more.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 11.08.2013
    I would also say water tower. It helps to run your animal stables and orchards more often with less feed/fertilizer. The workshop is handy though, so I did build that as well on my main farm. On the other 3 servers I built just a water tower :)
  • Ronja de Rover2Ronja de Rover2 Posts: 10
    edited 12.08.2013
    What will happen if I buy 2 water towers?
    Because it is cheaper to buy a second then to upgrade my first water tower that I already bought.
    edited 12.08.2013
    You cannot. The button will be greyed out and state "you have reached the maximum" ;) You can have 1 water tower on each farm though.
  • pixie8pixie8 Posts: 13
    edited 12.08.2013
    I do not have a water tower myself, but once you purchase it, and want to upgrade it...does it require gold to upgrade or dollars?
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 12.08.2013
    Pixie it takes gold to upgrade the tower.
  • annswiftannswift Posts: 1
    edited 13.08.2013
    what level is the water on? how do I get it?
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 13.08.2013
    The water Tower is available from Level 15. If you open the build window then go to special buildings, it is on the far right of the Building window. In there, you will see the water tower, the work shop and the nursery.
  • MalikBilal2MalikBilal2 Posts: 374
    edited 13.08.2013
    I would say the water tower because workshop is just useless once u have upgraded all of your farm and just sits there taking up space. and water tower keeps benefiting u
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 13.08.2013
    Cost for upgrading water tower-

Level 1 - 1300 golds - Unlocks on Level 15
    Level 2 - 7400 golds - Unlocks on Level 19
    Level 3 - 13,000 golds - Unlocks on Level 23
    Level 4 - 24,800 golds - Unlocks on Level 27
    Level 5 - 29,500 golds - Unlocks on Level 31
    edited 13.08.2013
    — June 23, 2013 by Larino

Most players are wondering about gold. Should they buy it or not, are they able to continue the game without gold and if they buy it, what should they spend it on?

Here’s a tip! The water tower is THE best building to spend your gold on first. It reduces the amount of feed and fertilizer you need to supply your animals and orchards with.

In short:
    100% = no water tower = 10 feed and fertilizer needed (30 for cherries)
    90% = level 1 water tower = 9 feed and fertilizer needed (27 for cherries)
    80% = level 2 water tower = 8 feed and fertilizer needed (24 for cherries)
    70% = level 3 water tower = 7 feed and fertilizer needed (21 for cherries)
    60% = level 4 water tower = 6 feed and fertilizer needed (18 for cherries)
    50% = level 5 water tower = 5 feed and fertilizer needed (15 for cherries)

Some people are wondering how much this costs. Here are the costs for every upgrade of the water tower:
    Level 1 costs 1300 gold and is available at level 15
    Level 2 costs 7400 gold and is available at level 19
    Level 3 costs 13000 gold and is available at level 23
    Level 4 costs 24800 gold and is available at level 27
    Level 5 costs 29500 gold and is available at level 31

Yes, it is a lot of money, 76000 gold total!

However, if this amount of money is about to stop you from buying the water tower, please keep in mind that 1 level already makes a big difference. Therefore, investing in one or two levels of the water tower pays off very well and I recommend you buy them with the gold you start with as soon as possible. This way you don’t even need to spend any real money on this game and still make a huge impact on the running of your farm.

The Larino cooperative
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 13.08.2013
    Larino wrote: »

Here’s a tip! The water tower is THE best building to spend your gold on first. It reduces the amount of feed and fertilizer you need to supply your animals and orchards with.

However, if this amount of money is about to stop you from buying the water tower, please keep in mind that 1 level already makes a big difference. Therefore, investing in one or two levels of the water tower pays off very well and I recommend you buy them with the gold you start with as soon as possible. This way you don’t even need to spend any real money on this game and still make a huge impact on the running of your farm.

The Larino cooperative

I totally, fully, completely agree with Larino! Even at lvl 1 the watertower makes a looot of difference! One of my coop friends, the one I talked into playing was very unsure about making a watertower at first. He doesn't buy gold and is very keen on keeping his precious shinies. But he has been so happy he built it! Even at lvl1 it's so worth it.

I myself made a workshop too. It was new and I wanted it :) For a long time I felt it was just sitting there in the way, and I didn't have the gold to upgrade it. But then my fertilizer started running véry low. And then it díd come in handy, because I needed less poop to make fertilizer. So yes, I am happy with my workshop now too.
  • anjo03anjo03 Posts: 6
    edited 15.08.2013
    one of the problem to upgrade this is gold. How can I earn thousands of gold?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 15.08.2013
    anjo03 wrote: »
    one of the problem to upgrade this is gold. How can I earn thousands of gold?
    There is 2500 gold on offer in the Forum Event: Tessa on Holiday!

But otherwise free gold comes in smaller amounts. Large amounts you have to pay for :(
    edited 15.08.2013
    Or you just play for years and save all the gold you get from level up and daily log-in and eventually you may just have enough to fully upgrade the water tower :D
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 15.08.2013
    What you haven't figured out exactly how many months and days it would take to earn all that gold. Your slipping Larino. LOL
    edited 15.08.2013
    Hey, I'm just advising, I'm not going to try that, so why would I bother how long it takes :P They can figure that out themselves ;)
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 15.08.2013
    Eliza.. it may vary since we are not sure about the 5th day gold (it can be 30 or 50 or 80) and also in how many circle we get that back.
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 15.08.2013
    I have been trying to decipher a pattern to it, but haven't found one yet :)

I was just giving Larino a hard time since he/she puts so much effort into gathering information for everyone. It is really appreciated.
    edited 15.08.2013
    She ;) And thank you! However, I only put so much effort into gathering information that is worth it and I do not think this is worth it since most people just occasionally buy gold or do not make such a problem of not having it ^^ (including me :D).

Also, the water tower already helps a LOT on level 1, so I do not see much trouble not having the gold for the higher levels. I upgraded it to level 2 only on my main farm and think that is enough for now. Also, I am already nearly overflowing with feed and fertilizer, so if I upgrade the water tower even more I will overflow even more as well. My ex-deputy (still so sad that he left :'( ) had upgraded it too far and was even complaining about that because he simply had too much feed and fert. :)
  • tracey40 (GB1)tracey40 (GB1) Posts: 113
    edited 27.01.2014
    Just worked out that if you buy gold in the £24.99 bundles, with no 50 or 100% deals,a fully upgraded water tower would cost £35. 83 cash! If you buy gold at in the cheapest bundles, with no deals, it'll cost £38.93. I'd really like to know how this translates in other currencies...
    edited 27.01.2014
    tracey40 wrote: »
    Just worked out that if you buy gold in the £24.99 bundles, with no 50 or 100% deals,a fully upgraded water tower would cost £35. 83 cash! If you buy gold at in the cheapest bundles, with no deals, it'll cost £38.93. I'd really like to know how this translates in other currencies...

Yes, that is because of the bonuses you get regardless of prime times. You always get some bonus, the prime time comes on top of those I think. So here is my calculation, in euros:

Water tower gold cost: 74700

Pack €29,99 -> 50000 gold + 24700 gold = €29,99 + €14,82 = €44,81
    Pack €4,99 -> 6500 gold x 11 + 3500 gold = €54,89 + €2,46 = €57,35

BUT:
    Pack €29,99 without 28% bonus: 39063 gold + 35637 gold = €29,99 + €27,36 = €57,35

Which is exactly the same as the low package. (I did round off to 2 decimals during my calculations)
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 28.01.2014
    seriously is the worshop useless? just taking up space? i'm level 4 on my water tower and level 2 only on my water tower... i will be upgrading to level 5 on my water tower. Should i even bother to have my worshop there? or keep it and don't even upgrade the workshop? thanks!
    edited 28.01.2014
    rie222 wrote: »
    seriously is the worshop useless? just taking up space? i'm level 4 on my water tower and level 2 only on my water tower... i will be upgrading to level 5 on my water tower. Should i even bother to have my worshop there? or keep it and don't even upgrade the workshop? thanks!

I would not say it is useless, but for beginning players and the ones that do not want to spend too much gold it is less useful as the water tower.

Personally I would not upgrade the water tower to level 5 (it has been level 2 for a long time now on my farm). Level 5 may cause you to overflow in feed rather than helping to keep up with it. Although, if you have enough animals to consume the feed, it may be helpful. In fact, I would only upgrade the water tower when you feel your feed stock is depleting too fast and stop the upgrading for a while when it is balanced.

Same for the workshop. I would upgrade it if the mill and the silo cannot keep up with the demand of your animals and orchards. If that is balanced, I would leave it like it is.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 28.01.2014
    thanks larino...i am now doing great on the feed with the water tower would love to save 33k in gold if i can!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file