Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Easter Eggs and hacks, a word of warning

Thought I'd post some free advice here.

It seems, almost every bit of software I own, including (especially) games, will come with hidden easter eggs and assorted cheat codes or hacks.

For those who don't know what that means, and easter egg is what programmers do when they are bored. Just little useless fun things hidden somewhere that may pop up.

For example. One day while in the computer lab at college, the kids were learning a publishing program called Quark.
Suddenly one girl had a little alien marching across the screen.
The teacher knew about it. I forgot the keys you had to hit, it was quite the combination, but if you did it, this alien would start marching across the screen.
Then he said do that seven more times and see what happens.
OMG! A giant puff ball flew down and lazar shot the alien.
At that point he lost the entire class who were all gathered around her one computer.
lol. I can just see this happening at some magazine right before a deadline.

Ha... I play Age of Empires and there is a cheat code to make a tall naked guy who can run around the map real fast. It's a hoot.

Anyway, I did a search for hacks, cheats, easter eggs for this game.
And came up with TONS of sites. ALL of which offer some bit of software you have to download and install.
Well.... people, don't do it!

Every single site I found first wants you to fill out "surveys" or complete "offers" in order to get this download. I'm sorry but that is not "FREE."
And I'm not stupid enough to fill out my personal information for any survey just to get some "free" piece of third party software. I have a separate email account I use just for stuff like that. My name on that account is "die spammers." lol. So I tried. Never could get it to work though.

Now my kid has taught me how to find things in the form of torrents. So I found that thing from someone who already had it and downloaded it.
Only to find out it's password locked, and again..... to get the password is the same maze of first filling out "offers." BS! I gave up.

More searching found several forums where people who managed to finally get this thing, (which will enable you to instantly get cash AND gold.)
Well.... now a game cheat is one thing. But the getting gold is theft.
The people who make this game (and do a fine job of it) depend on us crazy gamers buying gold. So I can see why they would not take too kindly to hacked software.
And it's not too difficult to be discovered.
It will get you kicked off, and your IP address will be blocked for good.

Not to mention..... I also read (what I suspected from the start.) This software, and all those "survey sites" you have to visit, will only install bugs onto your computer.
(I have an old mac, not likely to get infected. Long story but it's just not.)

So.... if your curious as to finding hacks, and find ANYTHING you have to download and install, save yourself a whole lot of time and just forget about it.

All that being said, I'd still like to know if there are any cutsie (harmless) easter eggs written into this game. Any aliens? Naked guys? Anything? Anything?
Watching the corn grow gets pretty dull. A nice space ship making crop circles if you accidently hit the right keys might be fun.
Post edited by FlowerChild (INT1) on

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 13.08.2013
    The free cash and gold hacks are always phishing and scams. You lose out, the guy trying to use it. They do not work or get you free gold or even dollars. You will be the loser

But, yes I believe there is a GGS fun and harmless Easter Egg
    And no, I won't tell you where it is :)
  • FlowerChild (INT1)FlowerChild (INT1) Posts: 127
    edited 13.08.2013
    Oh yea???? Easter egg hunt for me then.

(I may never get off this computer.)

Wondering now what it is?
    See what you did to me?
    edited 13.08.2013
    Heh heh :D
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 13.08.2013
    Rhon, is this the same easter egg that was hidden last Easter or something else?
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 13.08.2013
    All that being said, I'd still like to know if there are any cutsie (harmless) easter eggs written into this game. Any aliens? Naked guys? Anything? Anything?
    Watching the corn grow gets pretty dull. A nice space ship making crop circles if you accidently hit the right keys might be fun.

A space ship kidnapping cows!!!! :D:D That would be awesome!!!! :D
    If you do ever find it, please please please give me a hint!
    edited 13.08.2013
    Rhon, is this the same easter egg that was hidden last Easter or something else?

No, it's an 'easter egg' in the sense FlowerChild uses, and gives examples of, above. I've never come across an 'easter egg' that is actually and easter egg :)

wikipedia "In computer software, Easter eggs are secret responses that occur in response to an undocumented set of commands. The results can vary from a simple printed message or image, to a page of programmer credits or a small videogame hidden inside an otherwise serious piece of software."
  • Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 13.08.2013
    Can't you just give us a teensy, tiny hint? Pretty please :)
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 13.08.2013
    Hmm, do write a spoiler if you find it. I cannot be bothered searching for it myself, but am of course ever so curious to know what it is :D (and to keep myself from ruining my computer pushing every button I can find :P)
  • DanaBDanaB Posts: 8
    edited 13.08.2013
    I bet the worker's reactions when you hover your pointer over them is an easter egg. The skinny worker dressed in blue speeds up. The large woman stops and the blonde woman changes direction.

That's the closest thing I have found... (btw, is the skinny worker a woman or man?)
    edited 13.08.2013
    I am guessing a man... But if that is an easter egg then I were just thinking "oh... funny" and that was it XD
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 14.08.2013
    Just to make it really clear about the cheats and hacks software out there, it will steal your password and that promised gold and farm dollars is all an illusion. It doesn't hack the server at all (which is what it needs to do to make the changes), it just changes your browser to make it appear that you have a heap more gold and farm dollars than you began with.
    DanaB wrote: »
    I bet the worker's reactions when you hover your pointer over them is an easter egg. The skinny worker dressed in blue speeds up. The large woman stops and the blonde woman changes direction.

That's the closest thing I have found... (btw, is the skinny worker a woman or man?)
    Keep looking. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • NefD2NefD2 Posts: 6
    edited 26.08.2013
    Would a fish jumping out of the lake be considered one?

Post edited by Kat Nip: Hid the answer
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 26.08.2013
    Nef, that could just be it. ;)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
    edited 26.08.2013
    :D I tried to be vague.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 26.08.2013
    hmm--might just need to pull a lake from storage and start clicking hehe. Now i am curious ;)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 05.12.2013
    Out of curiosity has anyone found any other easter eggs in the game? I know about the one that's mentioned here but are there anymore?
  • Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 05.12.2013
    I have clicked on every square millimeter on that feature...nothing happened :(
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 06.12.2013

Hmmm :) Let's say there are probably no naked guys, and there's probably more than one easter egg in the game. Other than that, I won't spoil anything :)
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 09.12.2013
    Latten! Plz plz plz let us know about some easter eggs :) I play a lot of games on my ps3 with a lot of cool easter eggs and they are all fun to find but seriously, knowing the good natured humor of the people at ggs I know they are epic easter eggs :)
    edited 09.12.2013
    I would also like a hint about the easter eggs! I found one but now I'm curious about more. Pretty please!
    edited 16.01.2014
    Whats with all the pandas? I've found 3 and possibly 5.

BTW RED pandas are one of my favorite animals.
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 16.01.2014
    Do you mean the pandas from the picnic? Or the one outside your farm walls which are in the undergrowth?
    edited 16.01.2014
    NefD2 wrote: »
    Whats with all the pandas? I've found 3 and possibly 5.

BTW RED pandas are one of my favorite animals.

You found another one??? Man, you're good! I have clicked my farm to death & found nothing :(
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 16.01.2014
    Just found a naked panda with a laser...
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 16.01.2014
    Oh could someone PLEASE send me a PM with instructions how to find this stuff?
    I have NEVER been able to just find an easter egg. Only way I ever find them is with instructions.

Pandas???? Fish?
    I wanna seeeeee.
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 16.01.2014
    Me to Artmaker, I've never seen then nor do I know how to find them. I would love to though, please a little hint.

Thanks
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 16.01.2014
    HHM maybe they appear after a few too many drinks? wild Mushrooms?
    edited 17.01.2014
    Yes and yes ezio. Those two are actually the same thing.
    edited 29.01.2014
    Heh. I knew they were all panda bears. Tower did something for me.
    edited 29.01.2014
    Yep, I saw the pandas too now I checked all decos in the tower. One of those designers sure does like panda bears :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file