Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Age of players - 10-year olds?

nana28282nana28282 Posts: 133
I am getting mail from someone who says he is "10-years old", calling me "missy" and threatening to report me for not being nice to him when I rejected his curt request to 'buy his cabbage'. Are 10-year olds allowed to start farms here?
Post edited by nana28282 on

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 31.07.2013
    Yes there is no age limit, high or low, for having a farm

However you should take a screen cap of these messages and then report the player whatever age

They can't have been playing long or would know you couldn't buy his cabbages anyway. Sadly this is the expected, and even necessary, behaviour in some other farming type games.
  • nana28282nana28282 Posts: 133
    edited 31.07.2013
    This is just one of dozens of silly notes you get when you get to a certain level, from "send me gold" to "come work for me (yeah, for a level 8 player), 'help me" or just "gjehgjubiejkg;os;bw". Sadly, you can block only so many of them before you are told that you have reached "blocking" limit. I'd be spending most of my time taking screen shots and reporting them instead of enjoying the game. Is there a way to screen the mail so no-one below level 16 or 20 can send notes to strangers?

Addition: Just got this exciting new message: "rcjbvrjbwejhvberhbtehrbjthbhjebrgiebkjfdbgehl'. Thrilling...
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 01.08.2013
    Wow us 1 sounds like a mess.Well nana if I were you I would add as many of these people in your block list and after like a week just remove them and add new ones because when the old ones try to message you and it won't work they'll just give up :)
  • mipie11mipie11 Posts: 130
    edited 01.08.2013
    nana28282 wrote: »
    I am getting mail from someone who says he is "10-years old", calling me "missy" and threatening to report me for not being nice to him when I rejected his curt request to 'buy his cabbage'. Are 10-year olds allowed to start farms here?
    Wow... that's just sad. And I'm a kid. No offense to younger kids on here, but, you gotta learn when people are annoyed with you.
    edited 01.08.2013
    Great idea, Ezio, I have started doing that. I can't understand why there has to be a limit on blocking people, since it doesn't cost the game creators anything...
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 01.08.2013
    The longer the block list is, the slower the processing time is, and the more opportunities there are for errors. This sort of thing is always a balancing act.
    edited 01.08.2013
    Happy to help Nana...........:) and yes Montous is right, if the block list or anything else doesn't have a 'roof' the game could start lagging and naybe even crash :)
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 01.08.2013
    I seem to remember a thread that someone started a few weeks ago with much the same problem--Hopefully They will put an end to this. Maybe since you have so many that you could just send in their name to support and they can further investigate ( soley MY own idea--NO idea that this is even possible).
    I suggest that the people that you truly want to communicate with use an alternate message system for a few weeks and block the spam messages. There is also the forum PM's.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 01.08.2013
    Seriouly he is 10. Ignore his emails then. Don't make such a big deal out of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 01.08.2013
    Kids under 12 should ALWAYS be under parental control when playing online games, for them and others safety. There is NO excuse not to do that. There are too many perverts online.
    Learn your kids how to safely play and not annoy other people.

Yeah i have a little girl myself and she has a farm too, and will NOT play when my wife or myself is not present and watching.
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 01.08.2013
    Yes there is no age limit, high or low, for having a farm

yep, can see myself, 99 years old, sitting in my nursing home room with my laptop, still clicking away with arthritic fingers and harvesting my Big Farm, lol.
    edited 02.08.2013
    Maxiroy, how would I know if he is "seriously 10" or not? I can only go by what he says, though the wording of his note would indicate it was written by an older adult (calling ME "missy'?)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 02.08.2013
    I'm evil so I'd be tempted to troll him. >:D

Yes I would love to buy your cabbages, since I don't know how to produce any of my own! Please send them to me, and then I will shower you with money! Oh, you can't send me cabbages? Well, no money for you then. I'd of course be happy to buy them from you when you figure out how to send them. Hope you have a good day! :)

Also, I guess there are some (few) cultures were "Missy" is seen to be a term of respect, kind of like "ma'am" or something, but I don't know if this is the case here.
  • Suzahnnah (US1)Suzahnnah (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 02.08.2013
    I'm willing to bet that most of the spam doesn't come from ten year old kids. I've been playing online games for many years and the majority of idiots are adults.
    edited 02.08.2013
    Okay I thought you meant he was 10 years old. I say just ignore and block. Why give these people the satisfaction of starting a thread on them?
  • Suzahnnah (US1)Suzahnnah (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 02.08.2013
    huh? you lost me Maxi...
    edited 02.08.2013
    I was replying to Nana.
    edited 02.08.2013
    I agree with Jaystarr...............just troll them or message them back with a spam bomb :)
  • yanaroxxyanaroxx Posts: 2,755
    edited 02.08.2013
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    I'm evil so I'd be tempted to troll him. >:D

Yes I would love to buy your cabbages, since I don't know how to produce any of my own! Please send them to me, and then I will shower you with money! Oh, you can't send me cabbages? Well, no money for you then. I'd of course be happy to buy them from you when you figure out how to send them. Hope you have a good day! :)

Also, I guess there are some (few) cultures were "Missy" is seen to be a term of respect, kind of like "ma'am" or something, but I don't know if this is the case here.

i surely would do that! xD but it's not necessary that everyone has enough time for it...so yeah...ignore...block...peace out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file