Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism on the Co-op Text Colour

Can you please change the co-op text colour is in the chat area back to normal? The new black is horrible and is very unclear on who is talking and if it is chat or activity.
Post edited by choppychop (GB1) on

Comments

• Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 17.07.2013
    For a band-aid fix: click the drop down menu and click on any of the options. The colours will be back for the time being.

For GGS: fix it, please, because I am driving crazy clicking it back to colour all the time.
  • Sophie423 (US1)Sophie423 (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 17.07.2013
    ditto ^^^ plz fix it, it is crazy-making
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 17.07.2013
    Thanks for the band aid fix Larino!

Please GGS, change this!
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 17.07.2013
    I don't see the point in why it was changed in the first place; were there even reasons why it needed to be changed?
    edited 17.07.2013
    It is clearly a bug, otherwise it would be impossible to get the colours back with such a quick but non-permanent fix... I dunno what went wrong there... but I do not think they were aiming to change it like this on purpose.
    edited 17.07.2013
    Okay, yeah because I didn't remember seeing anything about this on the recent update.
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 23.07.2013
    I agree this new color is really bad :S
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 23.07.2013
    Update for you all.

The Bug should be fixed with the next update which is tomorrow. :)
    edited 29.07.2013
    Yes and tomorrow is long gone and my chat still goes black... Can anybody please tell me if GGS is still working on it, because I am starting to lose my patience here... Getting tired using my band aid fix 100 times a day with 4 co-ops to run and chats to check!
    edited 29.07.2013
    Still no change here...
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 29.07.2013
    also there si the issue with the date displayed in the chat window...

at 00:15 it shows as "1 day ago" instead of "today". This issue came along with the black text color.. and i created a separate thread for that long back... Since the issues are intertied i thought of posting here.

Sorry rhon i couldn't post the image of my coop chat :(
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 29.07.2013
    I've left Malreyn a note that the colour in chat is not fixed

"at 00:15 it shows as "1 day ago" instead of "today"." Could you clarify a little. Is the time shown your own time zone time? If it is would the "1 day ago" instead of "today" be correct if the message was in GGS time (GMT/UTC+2), even though the chat post is your time

Hope I've explained that well enough, but I'm trying to figure out where the error comes in
    edited 29.07.2013
    its 1:47 AM here rhon,

the message i typed yesterday night (on 29th july at 11:43 PM) is shown as today where the current message should be shown as today.

Attachment not found.

Hope this picture helps you.
    edited 29.07.2013
    Thanks for the information, I'll pass it on to Those Who Know
    edited 29.07.2013
    BTw.. one more point to add... It will be correct in the morning at 6AM....

I have not noticed the exact time when this will correct... (I will be sleeping by then) seems like some minor issue with calculation....
    edited 29.07.2013
    ss02092 wrote: »
    BTw.. one more point to add... It will be correct in the morning at 6AM....

I have not noticed the exact time when this will correct... (I will be sleeping by then) seems like some minor issue with calculation....
    Whose 6 am, yours or GGS'
    edited 29.07.2013
    Mine...

Their timing is not shown in my screen ;)... so i can correctly tell about what is wrong with my time zone...
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 30.07.2013
    Yes that bug is happening to me too..............if I post something after 12 am it says 1 day ago so for example if my post is the first on the new day it says 1 day ago :):):):):):):):):)
    edited 31.07.2013
    All nice about today, tomorrow, yesterday and stuff, but what about the colours? Anybody working on that and is there new info on it? What is the latest update on this issue?
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 31.07.2013
    people really cant think of any better ways to improve the game than changing the color of words?so you have to read more carefully,big deal.you have to admit all this frustration over something so minor is a bit silly.
    edited 31.07.2013
    Having to use a band-aid fix for 4 co-ops is getting kinda annoying as it is more clicking and it does bother me. Not many things bother me, but this does. Do you think I care about the new events you are trying to come up with and those rewards for co-ops? I think those are silly... I can live with a lot of bugs and play around them, but not this one and it makes it worse that they promise it is fixed in the next upgrade and it is not... Just sayin', everybody has their own thing they think is annoying and needs change and everything is equally silly...
    edited 31.07.2013
    It's not silly if it is a bug, since this is an unintentional change, the consequences of which seem to have different effects on people (and of course, if it's a bug, it should be fixed since it's hard to tell what the extent of the bug is).

Plus for practical reasons it makes it hard to distinguish between text in co-op chats, especially if you have a very talkative co-op.
    edited 01.08.2013
    never ceases to amaze me.this has gotta be up there with the thread about people being mad that the camping and fairytale events were to close together.does it really matter if the text looks like a bag of skittles or not?it dont bug me or my coop members.
    edited 01.08.2013
    mister, as Larino has said... It really matters.

There are people with more than one coop. Also there are some talkative coops. IT annoys for them.

I am having 4 coops. If I plan to stay one line for an hours and plant corn in all the four... I am going to shuffle between them a lot. Since some of them are training coop and in one I am a leader. I need to reply them and help a bit. It becomes difficult for me and I am sure for people like me.

And this was working fine previously. So some of the update code has screwed up the things. We are asking for bug free thing.
    edited 01.08.2013
    ss02092 wrote: »
    We are asking for bug free thing.

THIS.

If it was just "oh I don't like the colors" by itself, that's one issue. But here it's a problem because the color change came was the result of a BUG. There's a massive difference.

And hoo boy Mister, are you like Dragon guy's bootlick or minion or something? All I've seen you do is parrot everything he says, and also even write in the same way that he does... :/
    edited 01.08.2013
    We both faces the same issues and we both raise voices to solve them.

In some areas we both think alike in certain things and that may be the reason why i am with Larino in 3 coops.

There is also a saying "Great people think alike". And there are some areas where my idea is totally opposite to Larino. Like i want a horse in my farm and Larino is happy with the unicorn.
    edited 01.08.2013
    Yikes, ss0209, I was talking about Mister, not you! Sorry, I didn't realize the quote-within-a-quote thing didn't work. I've edited my previous post to reflect that now!
    edited 02.08.2013
    no issues yaar... I was not hurt-ed or annoyed by that...

I was explaining if you feel our is similar then its may be due to the mentioned reasons. If not then its because we are individuals and have different ideas of our own ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file