Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

camii893camii893 Posts: 251
edited 19.09.2019 in Archive (Read only)
Hi,

I have seen a lot of posts lately about people who are accidentally skipping things for gold when they don't mean too; I myself have done this on occasion and almost done it soooo many times!

I personally purchase gold every now and then; however there are many people who don't.

I think that there should be an option in the settings to allow us to turn the skip feature on and off as we please as a safe guard for accidental skipping.

Because, lets face it either if you buy it for real cash or wait for it from bonuses on the farm. It is hard earned gold and we don't really wanna waste it on something we didn't want to.

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but it would definitely improve the game!
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• BabyRooBoo2BabyRooBoo2 Posts: 83
    edited 25.04.2013
    Great idea!
  • edited 25.04.2013
    Hi Cameron,
    It has not happened to me yet and i hoe that is doesn't.
    But i love your suggestion.
    I don't buy gold, i earn it from bonuses.
    So if i were to click the skip button i would be very upset as it takes longer to for
    me to get gold.

Yours Truly,
    Super Space Girl
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 25.04.2013
    YES! I just made a post about this in the most recent update discussion thread. I have never made this error before but recently with the lasteest update, I mistakenly lost over 200 gold by clicking the skip feature on a unpgrade next to a pigsty.
  • YoukoAlicia2YoukoAlicia2 Posts: 4
    edited 25.04.2013
    I've done that a few times and it made me so mad. I lost almost 1000 gold one time. I would love to be able to turn it off.
  • vikingur1- (NL1)vikingur1- (NL1) Posts: 149
    edited 25.04.2013
    Yes, I did accidentally press skip for gold a few times, once it cost me about 1400 gold. Since the last update it is it very hard to press the right building so it propably wil happen more often.

So please give us turn off button for "skip with gold".
    Or give us a confirmation button whenever gold is required
  • cedie3 (US1)cedie3 (US1) US1 Posts: 183
    edited 26.04.2013
    From one who has clicked and lost, great idea!
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 26.04.2013
    I agree! It also happened to me twice, so I'd love such an option!
  • PaynePayne Posts: 1
    edited 18.06.2013
    On more than one occasion, I have clicked the game screen, then clicked again, which resulted in gold being spent to speed up construction or production of something. I think a confirmation button should be instituted. In the same manner as production facilities, clicking on the produce button causes a pop-up which allows one to choose what product or how much to produce, the box should pop up and ask for confirmation. A simple "Do you want to complete production immediately for XXX gold? Yes/No" would be a good solution.
  • Gilnead Arkatel5Gilnead Arkatel5 Posts: 1
    edited 18.06.2013
    I've had the same thing happen to me. I would like to see it fixed.
  • darconio2darconio2 Posts: 151
    edited 18.06.2013
    It might be intentional. They seem to favor putting crop for gold seeds where Wildflowers are normally, and this also has fooled some.

A fool and his gold are soon parted.

Slow down and be careful.
  • sarah alnajjarsarah alnajjar Posts: 3
    edited 18.06.2013
    But I Many happen to me this thing, and I'd really like to get rid of this calamity

And certainly I'll do your idea and thank you for you give us an idea

and thank you very much for you

And of course, I'm amazed this Thank you so much

I am also amazed idea did not really think this sort of thing

You are really intelligent inevitably

:0 ;0

;):)
  • ShmoopieShmoopie Posts: 2
    edited 18.06.2013
    Hear hear! I have had this happen to me several times. We really need a confirmation button!
  • Mark BurlesonMark Burleson Posts: 18
    edited 18.06.2013
    It has not happened to me yet, but It most likely will. I've hit the info or move buttons by mistake, so when the other happens, I'll be quite angry. You have a nice idea. I hope someone listens.
  • Mark BurlesonMark Burleson Posts: 18
    edited 19.06.2013
    And...it just happened. My windmill was being upgraded to level 2. I have no idea how much gold it cost me, but while trying to plant corn, I got too close to the windmill. I tried again to click on the field, but it was the skip for gold option that I hit.
  • China532China532 Posts: 13
    edited 19.06.2013
    I agree Payne even if GGS is trying to make money they should give people a choice because eventually you will buy gold if you play this game long enough so they will win out anyway.
    It feels like a dirty trick and doesn't feel very nice.
  • Myriad3Myriad3 Posts: 77
    edited 20.06.2013
    I've always expected it to happen to me someday, and when it did I was mostly glad that it wasn't something too expensive, although I was still pretty pissed ofcourse. I don't like having a skip button somewhere on screen at all times, without any confirmation if it accidentally gets clicked. I'm afraid to leave the tab open because of this. Sometimes a mouse just accidentally gets clicked (for all you know your cat sits on it.. common issue with cats). I do not want a single wrong/accidental mouseclick to cost me actual real money. It should never be that easy to spend money, and putting in safety measures to prevent this is the company's responsibility towards us, their customers.

Imagine an online store where you first have to enter your creditcard data before browsing their site, and when viewing products there's a buy-button on screen that will make you buy stuff without any confirmation. People would be outraged if money got taken from them this way and demand their money back, but here? The exact same situation applies, and this happens all the time. It's a security leak, really. I've never been able to accidentally buy an item, not in real life, not online. But here I can.

It should be fixed immediately, and if you don't like it because you speed up a lot of things (missions) and don't want to click ok each time, the easy solution is to make it an optional setting in the settings menu. If anything accidental happens then, it's your own responsibility.
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 21.06.2013
    The thing with having a confirmation button is the extra 2 seconds it takes to click on it when in a mission. The gold users do not want that popup every time they go to use gold to speed up things when in missions. But I will send this thread to staff so they can see your views. :)
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 21.06.2013
    Tess,

We can have a option in the settings, while playing missions they can trun off the skip message.

I think this problem brings lots of unhappiness with all range of players.
  • AstragekAstragek Posts: 495
    edited 21.06.2013
    Yes I agree with SS there :D

People who play in missions and wish to use gold to win the missions, can turn the option on before the mission starts.
    This way both the gold users and none gold users get what they want, both happy
  • Myriad3Myriad3 Posts: 77
    edited 21.06.2013
    FarmerTess wrote: »
    The thing with having a confirmation button is the extra 2 seconds it takes to click on it when in a mission. The gold users do not want that popup every time they go to use gold to speed up things when in missions. But I will send this thread to staff so they can see your views. :)

That's why I said there's an easy solution for that: Make it optional. Turn it off in the settings if you are going to do a mission or a project. So that's really not much of a reason to not implement a confirmation screen.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 24.06.2013
    Hey Big Farmers,

I understand this is an important topic for some, but it's unlikely we are going to add it due to the additional clicks involved in the game. in most of these cases (if not all) it is simply because someone has clicked on the wrong button because they were trying to rush through or weren't playing attention and then blame it on the game.

I'll pass the suggestion on the the tream, but please do be careful and take your time when clicking to make sure you don't accidentally spend gold.

Regards,
    Ethan
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 24.06.2013
    I do agree with ethan because farming games are basically games in which you take it easy and slow.....now im not saying that this thing is completely avoidable im saying that it can be minimized if you pay some attention but then again accidents are bound to happen :D
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 24.06.2013
    I have to agree with Ethan as well, although yesterday morning I would've lóved to have a confirmation button! I hovered over the gold button to see how much gold it would be to finish the event and somehow my early morning hands managed to click it. I STILL not understand how I did it, I really thought I held my fingers still.

The words I uttered would've been an interesting addition to anybody's dutch vocabulary.

Last week I managed to buy the chickenfeed for the charity drive with gold. The people who know me a bit by now probably won't be surprised to hear that too was early morning for me.

Lesson learned: if opening farm before breakfast: STAY AWAY FROM ANY BLUE BUTTON!!
    edited 24.06.2013
    ya your correct
    stay away from blue button :)
    and be carefull while playing...

Happy Gaming ~
    Bibin
    edited 24.06.2013
    Gwendolen wrote: »
    I hovered over the gold button to see how much gold it would be to finish the event and somehow my early morning hands managed to click it. I STILL not understand how I did it, I really thought I held my fingers still.

I've done that myself as well so i know how it feels!

Regards,
    Ethan
    edited 24.06.2013
    ahahah
    ethan lol you also got a mistake :p

i clicked the instant build button at morning
  • Amun2Amun2 Posts: 28
    edited 24.06.2013
    Ouch, it's happened to me more than once, too. Especially when playing on my laptop. :-(
    edited 24.06.2013
    ya it happens to me also
    when i uses laptop
    due to small buttons
    so from yesterday
    i am very carefully while using mouse cursor
  • MinioreoMinioreo Posts: 22
    edited 27.06.2013
    My wife and I have always worried about it happening to one of us (being non-gold buyers, we're mighty tight with the gold ggs kindly allows us to collect each weak.) These last few weeks both computers we play on have been mis-registering mouseclicks, often selecting something forty to fifty pixels away and today it got me; hastening a construction at the cost of half my saved gold.

Ouch.

It's painful enough to make it hard for me to log in, being constantly reminded of what was lost.

Those who have opened tickets about similar situations, were they ever successful? I'd rather not waste the time of someone who could be better served helping someone out; but I'd like some fleeting chance at remuneration.

I'd be more than willing to destroy the field I inadvertently sped up and build it from scratch to show I'm not taking advantage of the extra time.
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 27.06.2013
    Minioreo

I am so sorry this has happened to you :( even sorrier to say that to my knowledge no one has had gold returned for such a mistake. That does not mean you cannot try, just that I do not think you will be successful.
This discussion has been closed.