Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Previews for Events

Many people would agree with me on this that EVENTS TAKE AGES! I think we should have, just before you start the event, a checklist to see what productions you need! For example: If you needed leaves, it would say you need an active orchard. Chicken coops for eggs and.... you get the gist, don't you?

I know this would spoil the fun of discovering what you need next but it would save loads of time and it would mean happier players!

Another this i was going to suggest was that coops could have a research of 10% more time on events.

So.... what do you think?
Post edited by choppychop (GB1) on

Comments

• Timthgreat4Timthgreat4 Posts: 8
    edited 09.06.2013
    I don't agree, in all the other book tasks we get, we never get a preview of what we'll need. Part of the fun (and frustration) I think comes from seeing how well you happened to prepare for the next task.
    Some people don't like spoilers, and like to find it all out for themselves, even if that means having to get gold or pass up on the decoration.

Another reason is if you want, there are often people with very good farms who have steamed through the tasks and will post roughly what you'll need so you can get a good idea on the forums. I think it gives people who take an active role in the community of Big Farm a little advantage that is good for the community.
  • choppychop (GB1)choppychop (GB1) Posts: 789
    edited 09.06.2013
    It could be disabled whenever you it to be AND they wouldn't know WHICH task they would need it for anyway. It would be a big help for early players.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 10.06.2013
    What ever happened to the element of surprise???? I would rather just start doing it to see what happens. I don't need spoilers to tell me what is going to happen. There has to be some challange to these things.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 10.06.2013
    Nothing is more annoying on a challenge than selling what the next task is going to require--especially milk, wheat and apples. In a big event--it could make the difference between getting the big reward or not. I think one task ahead would help out a lot of players.
  • Cloud Dancer (US1)Cloud Dancer (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    edited 10.06.2013
    Nothing is more annoying on a challenge than selling what the next task is going to require--especially milk, wheat and apples. In a big event--it could make the difference between getting the big reward or not. I think one task ahead would help out a lot of players.

Yes but it also takes the "fun" out of the task. Besides as stated earlier, there are many others posting what is going to happen "next" in the forum, that you could always look there if you want spoilers. (But now I am trying to remember if YOU were one of those who got through very quickly Monica.)
    edited 10.06.2013

Sometimes you just can't get ahead because your farm isn't big enough. I certainly couldn't have done this challange when I first started. Heck I couldn't get enough bees the first time. It's unfortunate but not everyone is going to be able to complete the event, but why can't people just have fun trying to do it??? There will most likely be another one. No one is ever going to be 100% satisfied with any event. It's impossible to please everyone.
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 10.06.2013
    I did learn a good lesson from this event having sold all my apples just minutes before starting the collect apple task, lol. Now I am going to keep full stores of everything before starting a new event.
    edited 10.06.2013
    An organized summary of what is expected would be far much easier to understand than the 10 or so threads created for each event. I always get lost in the reading after the first page.

I don't know what difference how quickly i made it through the event to be able to post my opinion on here.
    edited 10.06.2013
    An organized summary of what is expected would be far much easier to understand than the 10 or so threads created for each event. I always get lost in the reading after the first page.

I don't know what difference how quickly i made it through the event to be able to post my opinion on here.

If you really want to be spoiled for the event then it shouldn't bother you to wade thru all the threads. What is the point of having these events if everyone knows what is going to happen? It's an event! It just seems to me that some people just want everything handed to them and not work for it or discover it for themselves. I guess I just don't get it.

Boy I am glad we didn't have the internet when "who shot JR" was the big thing!
    edited 10.06.2013
    Huh? I do the like the idea of a preview of the events--I just can't sort through so many threads to find a few phrases of relevent information. My eyes are not so good lately and flipping through several pages is rough. It would be nice to have a simple summary of what is coming.

I don't think my opinion is welcome on this thread anymore. ;(
    edited 10.06.2013
    Huh? I do the like the idea of a preview of the events--I just can't sort through so many threads to find a few phrases of relevent information. My eyes are not so good lately and flipping through several pages is rough. It would be nice to have a simple summary of what is coming.

I don't think my opinion is welcome on this thread anymore. ;(

Oh Monica, you are allowed to have an opinion. We don't have to agree we are just having a discussion.
    edited 10.06.2013
    well--I can't do anything right--i agree with the proposal because i think it is something that will benefit lots of people and everyone starts quoting me and going in direction that i did not say. I just won't say anything anymore.
    Sorry Choppychop--i ruin your super good idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 10.06.2013
    Well there are always people faster then you, who will post what is needed for the tasks. Just check the forum. Also with this last event there was a very clear tread on what the tasks where, which was updated every time, just needed to read the first post. Nothing confusing there. Thansk for the person who made it btw!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file