Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Decor and Happiness

meemowmeemow Posts: 15
I was wondering why a 64 happiness decor only improves running costs by 18 while taking away a 13 happiness decor running costs change only by 4? Thank you.

edit to add that it is actually running costs that are changing by 18 or 4 not happiness.
Post edited by meemow on

Comments

• Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 29.05.2013
    Hey Meemow,

how much a certain value changes the production costs is determined by a really, REALLY complicated mathematical formula :) Generally, it depends on your level, the size of your farm, how close you are to the point where happiness changes from green to red, how many workers you have, and many things more.

So yeah, you can't take the first number directly and apply to it to every farm in every level, it's determined for every single farm completely by itself.

I know this isn't clarifying all too much, but that's all I can tell :) I hope it at least explains why it is how it is.

Have fun,
    Timo
  • bdamyanov (BG1)bdamyanov (BG1) Posts: 4
    edited 29.05.2013
    I think that programmers made it far too complicated.
    A while ago I asked the community manager in our local forum the same question and she responded just the same way.
    I believe that for better planning of the development of each farm, one should know at what happiness level in each farm you match the zero production cost surcharge. This I myself could estimate when to build the stucture I want.
    My idea is that from a player's perspective the "really, REALLY complicated mathematical formula" is neither comprehensible nor necessary.
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 29.05.2013
    I just try to buy the deco that will best fit the space I have and give me the most happiness to reduce my costs.

If you haven't seen it before, here is a very helpful post re the values of the different decos =

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?49480-Decorations-Happiness-per-Square&highlight=birdhouse
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 29.05.2013
    The happines exactly equal to +328 gives you -100% running cost in the Main farm.

At 325 itself it shows -100% but cost a little say 3$-8$ for running orchards and silo.

With 328 its 0$ for all except for the seeds cost in fields.
  • meemowmeemow Posts: 15
    edited 29.05.2013
    A big thanks to everyone that posted. I appreciate everyone of you for your contributions to my question.

Camping with Tess really helped to improve things on my farms with the nice decorations that were available. A thank you also goes out to ggs for adding an event that both was fun and rewarding for every task accomplished. Even though I didn't finish the event, I came very close lol. And even bought some gold when it was over to improve my water tower and etc. I was rather happy to see that the rewards for tasks that were accomplished were rewarded so handsomely.

Back to the question, as for the "really, REALLY complicated mathematical formula"; I have to laugh because math is not my forte, lol. So I will continue to plan decor as aussiefarmgal suggested. I can at least plan to have 0 running costs some time in the future. I have a ways to go as my happiness is 209 with running costs at -84% right now. Thanks again for your contributions with suggestions, information and links. All have been helpful.
  • camii893camii893 Posts: 251
    edited 30.05.2013
    Latten wrote: »
    how much a certain value changes the production costs is determined by a really, REALLY complicated mathematical formula :) Generally, it depends on your level, the size of your farm, how close you are to the point where happiness changes from green to red, how many workers you have, and many things more.

Timo,

That is definitely one mathematical formula I would love to learn. I know you'll never tell. But that for me would be the one secret I would love to learn about the game out of anything else!

Although, I do love the challenge.. It makes it fun and life like; having to balance workers happiness with productivity. Very well done!
  • FarmerPJW2FarmerPJW2 Posts: 45
    edited 30.05.2013
    The happiness exactly equal to +328 gives you -100% running cost in the Main farm.

I'm on zero cost in my main farm at +323 happy points. It seems that for most of us in our co-op, one has to aim in this range: a bit over +320, not as much as +330. I did notice once when I expanded my farm than my happiness seemed to drop without any change in decorations, though, so I can believe that the zero-cost point shifts around a bit. But it doesn't seem to shift much, which does help with planning increase sin available workers.
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 30.05.2013
    when I expanded my farm than my happiness seemed to drop without any change in decorations

I noticed that for the first time yesterday - I'd bought land and hadn't cleared it on my gourmet farm and I'm sure that my decoration count went down by 5 points per block. I haven't investigated this yet so my impression may be wrong.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 30.05.2013
    Latten wrote: »
    ... Generally, it depends on your level, the size of your farm, how close you are to the point where happiness changes from green to red, how many workers you have, and many things more ...
    My bold. So yes it will change when you expand your farm. I was also surprised to see level in that list too
    edited 30.05.2013
    rhon3 wrote: »
    I was also surprised to see level in that list too

Yeah, I haven't noticed a change when I jump level. It may be only certain levels, of course. But I think the main thing I am concluding is that the figures do not change significantly with expansion.
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 30.05.2013
    Daytona wrote: »
    I noticed that for the first time yesterday - I'd bought land and hadn't cleared it on my gourmet farm and I'm sure that my decoration count went down by 5 points per block. I haven't investigated this yet so my impression may be wrong.

When you buy a plot with a hidden decoration, you get the benefit of it immediately rather than after bulldozing the underbrush.
    edited 31.05.2013
    As Farmer PJW said, the level of the player doesn't play any role in happiness... but it depends on the size of the farm.

Also if you start adding any decor or houses, the happiness changes at the time of completion only... but while you are demolishing the happiness changes at the begining of the process.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 31.05.2013
    ss02092 wrote: »
    As Farmer PJW said, the level of the player doesn't play any role in happiness...
    The Community Manager says level does have an effect. It may not be every level though, but in stages
    edited 31.05.2013
    I checked for upto 8 levels rhon(BTW i am waiting to save money to buy land for about 8 levels).... There was no change...
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 31.05.2013
    You got me, I may be wrong with that one - it's been a while I checked the tables for evaluating the happiness value, so although I was sure the level plays a role there, it might be less significant than I remember.

I did ask our Balancers though if it's okay to just post the table and the formulas to use it, but he politely declined (which I can understand, honestly), since this one huge Excel doc is pretty much the foundation of our game :)
  • McFeisty (US1)McFeisty (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    edited 31.05.2013
    I am confused, people talk about a zero cost level, but planting my fields is still $50 for Corn, $115 for Cabbage, and $450 for Wheat with -100% running costs. I also still pay a lot to start the Meadow and the Vegetable Garden on the other farms, though I'd gotten the Gourmet Farm to -100%, and Flower Farm to -94% as well.

So it seems there will never be a 'zero cost' for doing things on the farms, though that is what I thought the result of -100% Running Costs was supposed to be.
    edited 31.05.2013
    Zero cost is shorthand for zero running cost. On fields, gardens and meadows, the seeds are a fixed cost. Everything else can be made to run free of charge.
  • McFeisty (US1)McFeisty (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    edited 31.05.2013
    I guess I already got to that conclusion, thanks, but it's misleading that people use that 'shorthand' - I certainly thought I was going to get to 'zero costs' like planting wildflowers costs nothing. Some of the 'fixed costs' are really out of whack with reality, too. Over $9000 to plant tomatoes? How big is that freaking garden, anyway? Would have to be way larger than it seems to be represented as, seems to me.

Some other things, like the money we receive for a pig, are severely out of line, too, you would pay at least 5 or 10 times as much for a newly-weaned pig as we get in this game, $5 per head is so low as to be ludicrous, especially if one thinks these are fully-grown, ready to be slaughtered pigs.

But I know, it's just a game, and those putting it together probably had less knowledge about actual farming than might have been optimal for picky people, and I'm not really trying to be that picky. :D
  • carla453carla453 Posts: 4
    edited 01.06.2013
    many people have a problem with big farm.it starts by level 13,the xp, and the missions.if we play a mission, we don t get any money and xp,is there anybody who can solve this problem?????????????????
    if you know somebody who can,because the game game isn t funny any more.my email adress is
    thanks.

Post edited by Kat Nip: Please don't post your email in the forums
  • carla453carla453 Posts: 4
    edited 01.06.2013
    maybe i have found the right person,to talk about a problem in the game big farm. the missions and the xp s.when I play a mission and I win this mission, I don t get any money or xp s. it start s by level 13, and now i am on level 25 and I still can play a mission,without getting any money ore xp s.its a fault in the program.maybe you can solve this problem.greating s carla lievaart.
    manny thanks, email adress [email]removed by rhon[/email]
    edited 01.06.2013
    @Mcfeisty

The cost you are saying is basically the seeds price. Like how you have basic ingrediants for rest and feeds to the animal shed... you need the basic seeds to sow your farm. Crops are what you produce from the fields and they cost zero price.

With -100% running cost, it will cost you only for planting the seeds. Rest of all it cost nothing... For example you can run your mill, silo, composter all with no cost.

Also you can feed your animals, run restaurant, run backey, plant orchard... Basically you can do all except plants without spending any dollar.

Also note the running cost displayed on the screen is rounded to top. So -99.02% will aslo show as -100%. That means you will be sending some dollars (equivalent to 0.98% running cost) on the producing the items. This can be significally noted on higher cost prodcution facilities like orchards & cowshed.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 01.06.2013
    carla453 wrote: »
    many people have a problem with big farm.it starts by level 13,the xp, and the missions.if we play a mission, we don t get any money and xp,is there anybody who can solve this problem?????????????????
    if you know somebody who can,because the game game isn t funny any more.my email adress is
    thanks.
    Carla, if you're not receiving the prize that was in the pop-up screen at the end of the mission, please contact Support.
  • debbiedo61debbiedo61 Posts: 3
    edited 01.06.2013
    Ok I am new here if my Running Cost is +123 is that good or bad?
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 01.06.2013
    You will probably see the happiness metre in the red and that means it is bad. You want to have -...% running costs to save as much money as possible. That means the happiness should be in the green. To get that you need to build enough decorations and be aware when upgrading or building houses, you also need to build decorations to compensate that the houses brought your happiness down.
  • masa178 (SKN1)masa178 (SKN1) Posts: 2
    edited 02.06.2013
    hi. i finish "camping with tessa" and i get reward. but why my friend get only medium size waterfall and i get big size?
    edited 02.06.2013
    The size of the waterfall you won depended on your level.
  • masa178 (SKN1)masa178 (SKN1) Posts: 2
    edited 02.06.2013
    ok. thanks montous
    edited 02.06.2013
    Forgot to include this in my earlier reply: If you want to know more, Tessa Camping gives a fair amount of detail on what the differences between levels were.
  • Apple BlossomApple Blossom Posts: 1
    edited 02.06.2013
    I really like the airplane that drops crates.
    Can we ever get one of those (cute airplanes) for any reason?

aussiefarmgal -

Do you like the Saddle Club?

Lauren Dixon - My Little Foal (The Saddle Club)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H14mohvd71g

• Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 03.06.2013
    Apple Blossom, you only receive the crates from the plane until you're level 18 as it's designed to help the low level players only.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file