Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

I think Big Farm should have....

Seasons.... It would look so exciting and it would be weird with flowers in winter.... for winter it could have "Find the Snowballs" and in Summer Ice cream hunts. Autumn could have a competition on how many leaves you can collect. Spring could be to find the baby animals. Just my opinions....
Post edited by choppychop (GB1) on

Comments

• edited 23.04.2013
    I like those ideas choppy.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 23.04.2013
    Is this like the bees task but different seasonal things instead of bees? Or maybe like the easter egg task but different things instead of eggs? (Or maybe a variation would be that we could have holiday specific hunts for things...)
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 24.04.2013
    Seasons.... It would look so exciting and it would be weird with flowers in winter.... for winter it could have "Find the Snowballs" and in Summer Ice cream hunts. Autumn could have a competition on how many leaves you can collect. Spring could be to find the baby animals. Just my opinions....

But would it not be weird for people in Australia having snow everywhere on our farms when its summer for us? But on a whole yes i like your thinking, it would be fun.
  • edited 24.04.2013
    Yeah that would be a little weird. My uncle live is Australia so i understand the season difference.
    Like how here in the US we always think of Christmas with snow and hot cocoa, but in Australia there is swimming pools and ice tea. :)
  • AstragekAstragek Posts: 495
    edited 24.04.2013
    Lol yeah, Finding snowballs while it's 40 degrees celcius here in aussie!
    that would be awesome. Refreshing :D

I had my first christmas in australia this year, just moved over last year.
    Christmas with a barbeque at the beach, swimming in the sea. Awesome, even got sunburned.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 24.04.2013
    Congratulations Astragek! Take it while you can though, because with Victorian weather, you could be dodging hail stones next Christmas. :)

But back on topic now, I agree it would be weird for us in Australia, New Zealand and other Southern countries to have snow in summer on our game.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 24.04.2013
    The seasons in game needn't mimic real life seasons for timing. Winter/summer here could be spring/autumn on the farms for instance

And a farm year also doesn't need to be a real life year. Real life wheat takes a lot longer than 6 hours :) Perhaps 4 game years to a real life year. Then in any one season in RL you would experience all four season on your farm
    edited 24.04.2013
    Talking about a bit more reality ingame, together with the seasons, a night version :D
  • edited 24.04.2013
    A night version would not work because when it is night in the US it is day in Australia.
    And the the other way around.
  • camii893camii893 Posts: 251
    edited 24.04.2013
    I am sure that they could change the timing based on which server you are!

But, I think I may be cool if you could have summer when it's winter and autumn when it is spring etc!

Would be a good change to the real season as we are never happy with what we have and miss winter when it's summer and miss summer when it's winter :P
    edited 25.04.2013
    rhon3 wrote: »
    The seasons in game needn't mimic real life seasons for timing. Winter/summer here could be spring/autumn on the farms for instance

And a farm year also doesn't need to be a real life year. Real life wheat takes a lot longer than 6 hours :) Perhaps 4 game years to a real life year. Then in any one season in RL you would experience all four season on your farm
    That's very true rhon! It's not like the any of the animal or crop cycle times meet up with real time in a realistic way.
    Astragek wrote: »
    Talking about a bit more reality ingame, together with the seasons, a night version :D
    Knowing my luck, my poor workers will end up walking into the electrified fences by accident or something! :p
    camii893 wrote: »
    I am sure that they could change the timing based on which server you are!
    That's great in theory camii, however I defaulted to the en 1 server when I first created my farm even though I'm located in Australia. :)

edited 25.04.2013
    Kat Nip2 wrote: »
    That's great in theory camii, however I defaulted to the en 1 server when I first created my farm even though I'm located in Australia. :)[/IMG]

Or we could set our timezone in the game :)

I had a feeling you were in Australia, does it get hard in the co-op with people on a different timezone?

Cam :)
    edited 25.04.2013
    Not at all. We have a lot of European players obviously, but there's another Australian and one from New Zealand in the cooperative too. We all tend to meet up with each other at some point during the day. It helps that a few of the members keep some crazy hours too. :)

The timezone idea is a good one camii.

edited 25.04.2013
    Thanks Kat, it would be good too if others could see if your farm was in day or night too :)

It would be great to have co-op members all around the clock farming for projects :P
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 25.04.2013
    Since this actually was the topic of a talk I recently had with our Game Designer: What would your opinion be if we somehow translate this into events, with some sort of "Winter Farm", "Summer Farm" etc additions? That way it would be possible to do this even for different time zones and areas :)

Just an idea up to now though, nothing is set in stone yet :)
  • edited 25.04.2013
    that would be great Latten!
    And it sound so cool.
    I hope it will happen.
    edited 26.04.2013
    A night version would not work because when it is night in the US it is day in Australia.
    And the the other way around.

True, but it would be the exact same as seasons, so it doesn't matter, like they said before, they could split it, like every real season would have a winter and a summer, and every day could have 2 nights and 2 days, like a 6 hour day/night version
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 26.04.2013
    I like that idea ChoppuChop2
    In summers it would have " find ice-creams"in events
    I have an idea-

For winter it would have " Find 10 ice balls " to make the snowmen. When the event will be completed candy canes , or any type of decoration which have high happiness in a reward. As rose seeds are given as reward , candy canes in winters for the top 100 and for the top three a decoration. How is it ? :)
    edited 26.04.2013
    I like the idea Manish, but then if you have like summer and winter every season, means 4 times a year, I think we'd have too many events, and if you do the summers/winters the same as the real life seasons, half of the world won't be happy.
  • choppychop (GB1)choppychop (GB1) Posts: 789
    edited 27.04.2013
    I agree with Astragek. We can't have too many things. I know this is my own thread, but we can't be too crowded. Otherwise new players won't understand anything!
    I can't believe how popular this thread of mine is btw! 1 community manager, 2 forum moderators and pros! I didn't realise how popular one tiny idea can be on here.
    edited 27.04.2013
    I agree with Astragek. We can't have too many things. I know this is my own thread, but we can't be too crowded. Otherwise new players won't understand anything!
    I can't believe how popular this thread of mine is btw! 1 community manager, 2 forum moderators and pros! I didn't realise how popular one tiny idea can be on here.

People who use their brains and aren't afraid to come out with their thoughts, get a lot of attention most of the time. Not all ideas are good, but a bad idea can be turned into a good idea too when everyone works together and create a great idea :D
  • BabyRooBoo2BabyRooBoo2 Posts: 83
    edited 27.04.2013
    As for the seasons idea, Stateside it may be winter in the northern regions and feel like summer to many in the south and many coastal areas.

I don't think too many people in the US or many regions would be offended if the seasons reflected a generic idea. For instance, in the winter it can be over 70* F in Dallas or Miami while Boston or Toronto are around 0* F (and C).

Yep, over thinking it, but the seasons sometimes forget what they are suppose to be.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file