Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

For us who don't have credit cards

I would like to make a suggestion to the people at GGS.
I would love to buy GOLD.
But my mom will not use let me her credit card for online games like this.
So maybe you could make game cards. You know like the kind you get in
"Toys R Us" or "Target". Have it priced at how much you would normally sell
GOLD for. If you had game cards then i would
buy GOLD.

I know that you have lots of other stuff to do, But i hope you will at least take this suggestion under consideration. :D

Thank you for your time,
Super Space Girl ^^
Post edited by SuperSpaceGirl (GB1) on

Comments

• camii893camii893 Posts: 251
    edited 19.04.2013
    Can I suggest using PayPal, if you have a bank account with online banking you can open a paypal account and transfer the money into it and then use the paypal account to pay for it if it has the funds in there!

Hope this helps it's much safer than a credit card as you are just transferring money in there as you need it! :)

But, game cards would be an awesome idea for gifts if people know you love the game :)
  • edited 19.04.2013
    I don't have paypal acount. :(
  • camii893camii893 Posts: 251
    edited 20.04.2013
    You could always open one up. Do you have online banking?

It's quite easy and because you transfer the money to the pay pal account it doesn't use any of your details.

My only other suggestion would be that here in Australia we have prepaid debit visa cards, which are like a creditcard but doesn't have your details on it either but you can use it to purchase things online. Maybe you could get one of those from walmart or something to use online :)

Goodluck!
  • edited 20.04.2013
    I don't know if i have online banking. And i think i am too young to open a paypal acount.

I am pretty sure that i could get a prepaid debt card, But i don't have the money to get one of those.

It would just be easy to have game cards that give you a certain amount of gold for a certain amount of money.
    Then i could use my own money.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 20.04.2013
    You don't have the money for a pre paid card? How would you buy a game card then?

Game cards cost money to make and distribute. And they need distributing world wide. Then the shop selling the cards wants a profit too. I think it would make the cost of £10 worth of gold at least £40. I can't see anyone paying that
  • edited 20.04.2013
    Well the all the games cards that i have seen over here in the U.S.A, cost the same is as they would online.

When you buy a pre paid cards don't you buy a certain amount of money on to the cards?
  • hieutrungduc2hieutrungduc2 Posts: 1
    edited 20.04.2013
    Hi, Game Card is awesome ... I always buy gold by sms and visa card.
    edited 20.04.2013
    SuperSpaceGirl, There was a certain amount of hyperbole in my post :)

And yes such cards would probably cost the same as buying on-line. But that is sort of my point. Costs would go up, so we would all have to pay extra (by how much I can only guess) because a minority of people can't pay using the current methods.

So as far as this discussion on your idea goes, I'm afraid I don't like it

But all ideas are noted by staff and your opinion is as valid as mine.
  • Matthew9118235Matthew9118235 Posts: 1
    edited 20.04.2013
    I don't have a credit card either so I purchase the paysafecards to buy gold it is a prepaid game card.
  • MJs MeadowsMJs Meadows Posts: 44
    edited 20.04.2013
    I would suggest that before anyone buys any kind of game debit card and/or gift debit card - to first see if the laws will allow international online sales. My hubby bought me a gift debit card at one of the local stores in our hometown in the U.S. and I can not use it to buy gold on-line internationally.

Also for those who are considering obtaining a paypal account - call the tech support people at paypal and be sure that you fully understand the process. I thought the way that I had set up my account ($ deducted from my checking account) that when I purchased gold through GGS that my farm would be credited 'instantly' and was stunned to find that it took 5 full days. The delay WAS NOT GGS. GGS did not 'see' my money for five days. The delay was the the three step process before GGS. Yes, your paypal account can be set up so gold purhcases are 'instant'.

Again, this is just a suggestion from someone who just waited 5 days.

Happy farming!
  • edited 20.04.2013
    Doubt that in the i will be making a paypal account in till i am an adult.
    But i will look in to Pre paid cards when i have the money.
    Does anyone know a min to pre pay on to prepaid cards?
    edited 20.04.2013
    In the UK the minimum is £4.95 which is about US$8
  • farmerkit2farmerkit2 Posts: 177
    edited 20.04.2013
    I have bought gold from my phone with a text message, and got it instantly. THAT should be available even for kids, surely? (Actually, I bought it from my child's phone because my own is company-paid while my child's is paid by me. :P)
  • edited 20.04.2013
    I don't have a cell phone.
    My mom does but she is very protective of her phone and won't let me touch it!
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 21.04.2013
    save your pocket money. go to a bank and ask if they do debit visa cards. You use it the same way you would a visa card BUT You can only spend what you have in the account. so if you only have $10 in the account then that is all you can spend. I opened my visa debit with $2. If the bank does not do visa debit as if they do debit mastercard. Not really sure if there is a minimum age but since they are debit I would think not. You will just need to ask.
  • edited 21.04.2013
    I might do that in the future FARMER TESS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file