Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update: Wednesday, February 20th 2013 - Gourmet-Farm :D - Discussion

Comments

• monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 20.02.2013
    well the 2nd farm is new--we have been waiting for it for LONG time--i am wanting to work on the 2nd farm and be able to leave the main for a little bit. Thanks for the update. :) there is a few things that need a little work, but i see other people have addressed those issues--so back to my farm :)
  • rvd2012rvd2012 Posts: 2
    edited 20.02.2013
    Sorry, I should have read the whole thread first. Feel free to remove my post...

As I allready stated in another thread, and maybe someone allready said it here also...

The reported happiness bug is not only a bug in the display of the happiness. Working costst change accordingly.
    edited 20.02.2013
    Thought we were getting goats? Is that the dairy on the 2nd farm?

No composter for the 2nd farm or even an upgrade??? sigh.
  • lasr2lasr2 Posts: 7
    edited 20.02.2013
    hi... why can't I see the decorative items I have in the inventory in the gourmet farm...

Since the cash and goods can be shared why not the decorative items ?????
  • farmerkit2farmerkit2 Posts: 177
    edited 20.02.2013
    rhon3 wrote: »
    To be honest, I know this sounds a bit extreme, but this skewed implementation of new things, which should have been fun, have seriously spoiled my enjoyment of the whole game

Same here.
  • kerrbear (US1)kerrbear (US1) US1 Posts: 38
    edited 20.02.2013
    lasr2 wrote: »
    hi... why can't I see the decorative items I have in the inventory in the gourmet farm...

Since the cash and goods can be shared why not the decorative items ?????

Can someone answer this? I would like to know too!
  • Muslim Farmer (US1)Muslim Farmer (US1) Posts: 118
    edited 20.02.2013
    No composter for the 2nd farm or even an upgrade??? sigh.

That reminds me, how much fertalizer does the almond orchad require?
  • FarmerJennaFarmerJenna Posts: 1
    edited 20.02.2013
    I am honestly very dissapointed in the new farm, the build/demolish times are astronomical. Over 2 hours to demolish a sparse patch of underbrush? Which on the main farm is less than 5 minutes. This ties up all builds on the main farm as well. They either need to be separate builds, or conjoined with similar times. Unable to use exsisting decorations. Needs alot of tweeking to make right.
    edited 20.02.2013
    A question about the restaurant: do the items that I can make change with the level of restaurant? Most importantly, do some meals disappear on higher levels? Currently, what my restaurant info tells me:
    Level 1 meals: omelet, applesauce, yoghurt, cherry juice
    Level 2 meals: omelet, cherry juice, applesauce, cabbage soup (no yoghurt available?)
    Level 3 meals: yoghurt, omelet, spaghetti napoli, cabbage soup (what about cherry juice and applesauce?)
    and so on.
  • Bexaco2Bexaco2 Posts: 7
    edited 20.02.2013
    I don't think anyone else has bought this up.
    Since the upgrade this morning I can no longer see if buildings are upgrading when I look at the farms belonging to other members of my co-op. As a co-op leader this is important to me as I need to be able to see if for instance a member tells me they do not have money to contribute to the research, but then upgrade their mill to level 4! I need to know if anyone is telling porkies.
    This needs fixing and soon.
    I also agree that the developers seem to have confused to outlook of having 2 farms. Either you have 2 farms with 2 workforces which means you can have upgrades running at both farms simultaneously, and have to have separate decorations etc. Or you have one farm with different departments, which would share one workforce, and all items including decorations and obviously only one upgrade at a time.

I am not downing this upgrade completely, I think it is a great idea, but the new farm needs a lot of work for very little reward, and I find myself asking why am I sacrificing the development of my main farm, to wait for items on the gourmet farm to upgrade/build for 4+ hours at a time when I only get 20xp max for the challenge?
  • Fred12343Fred12343 Posts: 20
    edited 20.02.2013
    Swing and a miss. Big time.

GGS - what were you thinking?!? This upgrade does not make the game better. It makes it only a little bit different.

The inability to build on each farm in parallel ensures that the leaders will leave everyone else in the dust. The leaders (and I consider myself to be up there) don't need to build on their primary farm, so they will be way ahead of someone who is trying to build on two farms.

The lack of intra-farm use of decorations - bad.

I'm guilty of not reading this entire thread today. I'm too disappointed.
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 20.02.2013
    *sigh* unfortunately I have to agree all the bad stuff for example separate decorations has been added but simultaneous building has not been added other than that nice work guys :):)
    edited 20.02.2013
    Thanks Kat, but really you have the same issue, you have chosen to put those upgrades on one side. That's my disappointment. It's not a a second farm I can work on at the same time.

I don't think Kat's issue is the same as yours. She was saving for expansion - using that money now for upgrading second farm is investment, I'm thinking that logically (which is not necessarily GGS way of course), each of the farms should be able to support its own expansions and upgrades. So, thinking this way, she is not losing anything, she is just hurrying up her investment. It should be possible for both farms to save for their own stuff, if we'd have those moneys separately. It is not possible, however, to upgrade things in both farms at once. So, compared to Kat, you are in worse position. I can quite understand you leaving the second form on its own for a while - I myself was fortunate to have that line of upgrades done on Monday after my last expansion, now I would save for next one, too, or I would leave the second farm on wait as well.

It's a good point in the Bexaco's post that the farms should either be totally separate, with separate working forces, building slots, etc, or have everything common...
  • Catalyste3Catalyste3 Posts: 45
    edited 20.02.2013
    Geesh, I've noticed this extra lag on the new farm, compared to my main. Everytime I go to the second, it starts lagging a bit. It just doesn't pick up right away. I wonder what's choking up the resources? It's not my end if the main (which has more items on it) is running faster than the second (which only has 5 items total).

Exactly Catalyste and is why I've decided I will have to ignore the new farm for now, rather than let my main farm fall behind

Each Farm needs it's own construction slot but resources, like decs and even workers should be shared, just like the produce from the main farm is used in the new restaurant

It had not occurred to me that the new farm would hobble my enjoyment of the main farm

I don't agree with the workers. It only makes sense that the number of workers you have on your farm is strongly dependent on how many houses (+ house upgrades) you have. After all, that's how you get your workers, right? So why should two farms share the same workers? It can't be done.

The decorations, yeah that I can see. If they're in your inventory then you should be able to carry them over to the new farm with no problem. I don't see why we can't. It's not like there's a factor needed in order to keep them to one farm only. They're not like workers.
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Right now it only seems that this one construction slot will never be enough as you're able to build a lot of new stuff on the second farm, especially if your level is high enough to be able to build all kinds of upgrades from today on.

You will, however, notice, that this construction slot should not slow the progress on your main farm down as drastically as you suspect it will, after you finished most of the essential building processes on your gourmet farm.

I will still suggest this to the developers, though.

Well I thank you for submitting this issue to the developers.

I have to say that due to this, the process of upgrading on my main farm has slowed due to the wait.

But thank you anyway.
  • Cowboy farmer2Cowboy farmer2 Posts: 2
    edited 20.02.2013
    This update was just a waste of time! Since everything is connected, things are huge and don't fit in the farm. Second farm on international server is in German language. What did you tried to make? It already Cafe game, so why restaurant?!
    Sorry, but I think I will quit this game, before I see more useless updates!
  • darleenh (US1)darleenh (US1) US1 Posts: 19
    edited 20.02.2013
    well I dont have any gripes about the ranch love it
  • missy94missy94 Posts: 1
    edited 20.02.2013
    Super excited about my new farm! But, I can't understand why I can't use the decorations from my other farm.. That makes No sense...
    edited 20.02.2013
    Empire is set up the same way that the decorations are not transferable.

Really though--figuring out how the game works is part of the fun. I am not stressed out at all <OMG am i really saying that hehe????> It is the first day of a HUGE update--there is bound to be a few errors.
  • wykon66 (US1)wykon66 (US1) Posts: 19
    edited 20.02.2013
    In response to JennaFarmer on the previous page:
    The old farm has long demolish times as well. There are two types of underbrush: thick and thin. The thick underbrush usually has a free decoration hiding underneath.

Also, the new house now counts for a happiness decrease on your old farm. If decorations are not transferable, then the happiness shouldn't be transferable.
  • Suzahnnah (US1)Suzahnnah (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 20.02.2013
    Oh, I am afraid that this second farm proved a trap. Once I started running it the happiness levels decreased dramatically.

Obviously another trick aiming to payment with real money. There comes the moment to exclaim: "Farewell, Big Farm! Farewell, GGS!"

This, exactly this.
    edited 20.02.2013
    Hmm mine is fixed now. I can even go to the 2nd farm and come back without logging out and returning. I visited a few other people 2nd farms too.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 20.02.2013
    On Philippines The Game Was Not Working , Is Say's (Old Version -Update the page-)
  • rvt882rvt882 Posts: 3
    edited 20.02.2013
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 20.02.2013
    Yes thanks for that
  • Suzahnnah (US1)Suzahnnah (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 20.02.2013
    I would love to have new and fun things to play with, but if I have to wait for construction to finish on my new farm while still in the process of upgrading my old farm I'm stuck watching the hours tick by while nothing gets done.
    How anyone can call this time sink of a game fun anymore is beyond me.
  • Faerlyn2Faerlyn2 Posts: 3
    edited 21.02.2013
    Ok. I'm a bit bummed. Does the happiness from your second farm correspond with your first farm? Because the happiness for my first farm just plummeted since I got the second one and I haven't changed anything on the first farm :( Also I was hoping they would stop putting so much emphasis on decorations... I can't even afford to hardly do anything because my decorations take up half of my farm and I can't afford to buy gold to get higher level decorations. I guess they only care about making money though...
    Very sad player... :(
  • Faerlyn2Faerlyn2 Posts: 3
    edited 21.02.2013
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Right now it only seems that this one construction slot will never be enough as you're able to build a lot of new stuff on the second farm, especially if your level is high enough to be able to build all kinds of upgrades from today on.

You will, however, notice, that this construction slot should not slow the progress on your main farm down as drastically as you suspect it will, after you finished most of the essential building processes on your gourmet farm.

I will still suggest this to the developers, though.

I very much disagree... only being able to upgrade one thing at a time was hard enough on just the main farm. Especially when the tasks are constantly asking you to upgrade everything. And the Gourmet farm is upgrading ridiculously fast. It already had me build two houses and then upgrade one of them and my cabin where there isn't even anything for the 20+ workers to do! I doesn't make any sense.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 21.02.2013
    I am honestly very dissapointed in the new farm, the build/demolish times are astronomical. Over 2 hours to demolish a sparse patch of underbrush? Which on the main farm is less than 5 minutes. This ties up all builds on the main farm as well. They either need to be separate builds, or conjoined with similar times. Unable to use exsisting decorations. Needs alot of tweeking to make right.
    There are long demolish times on the main farm too, it depends on if there is anything hidden in the bush or not. There are also short demolish times on the second farm, as short as just over 2 minutes.
    Suzahnnah3 wrote: »
    I would love to have new and fun things to play with, but if I have to wait for construction to finish on my new farm while still in the process of upgrading my old farm I'm stuck watching the hours tick by while nothing gets done.
    How anyone can call this time sink of a game fun anymore is beyond me.
    It's about strategy and personally I find that fun. :)
    Faerlyn2 wrote: »
    Ok. I'm a bit bummed. Does the happiness from your second farm correspond with your first farm? Because the happiness for my first farm just plummeted since I got the second one and I haven't changed anything on the first farm :( Also I was hoping they would stop putting so much emphasis on decorations... I can't even afford to hardly do anything because my decorations take up half of my farm and I can't afford to buy gold to get higher level decorations. I guess they only care about making money though...
    Very sad player... :(
    Once again, it's about strategy. Personally I would have been bored with the game after a week (if that) if it was any easier to play. I really enjoy working through the best way to run my farm with maximum profit and keep the workers as happy as possible.
    This update was just a waste of time! Since everything is connected, things are huge and don't fit in the farm. Second farm on international server is in German language. What did you tried to make? It already Cafe game, so why restaurant?!
    Sorry, but I think I will quit this game, before I see more useless updates!
    I'm sad that you see it as a waste of time. Personally I'm really enjoying the challenge of basically starting again, but still having my main farm. At least there's nothing that says you have to run your second farm at all, so you can choose not to have anything to do with it if you wish.

As for the size of everything, it comes down to strategy once again and working out the best way to keep your workers happy, but your new farm running with maximum output. That's an aspect I really enjoy about the game. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • zsuzsi (GB1)zsuzsi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8
    edited 21.02.2013
    Seems people have forgotten how hard it was when we first started. In essence our second farm is easier we have financial backup from the first farm, so it takes is good planning and things will run smoothly. Yes there is some bugs but it goes with any update. Until we let the programmers know what is at fault they can't guess. Things have to be seen in action to see any faults. Plus they can't read our minds. So instead of criticising help out with constructive ideas.
Sign In to comment.