Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

BF needs new crops and buildings

Mathias (US1)Mathias (US1) US1 Posts: 97
edited 25.05.2023 in Suggestions
I have become bored with BF now. I keep processing and growing the same things over and over again.
There should be new crops available at certain levels, (and NOT some ridiculously high level) such as potatoes, 
You could have a potato chip factory.
What about a cereal factory that uses barley, wheat, or corn. Or grow herbs and spices for a processing factory.
Sure, the Mermaid Bay, Jam Factory, and Dairy make different items, but my barn is FULL of all of those items, and yes I could sell them, but I don't need the money.
I'm just throwing suggestions from the perverbial hat, but BF has become boring.
At the very least, get the AIRPORT up and running. Make it a coop effort to add items for shipment, and the coop (or individuals) win/wins rewards. Kind of like Village Fair.
I really don't want to reach the point where I no longer want to play.
Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• Mathias (US1)Mathias (US1) US1 Posts: 97
    Why don't you have a Pork Factory.
    Like the Dairy, or the Bakery, or the Jam Factory.
    The Pork Factory could be used to make pork products from your pigs. Pigs are absolutely worthless, besides poop.
    Instead of selling them when your barn is full, you could use them in the Pork Factory.

Not bad, eh ?
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    BigFarm is firmly pescatarian.  They have said several times there will be no butchery or meat recipes,

The thread HERE is the first time I can find it was asked for.
    From January 2014.

We have Guidelines HERE for when we can put suggestions forward so I will need more input before I can send it forward again.
    What about a sheep farm, and a clothing factory.
    You don't hurt the sheep, you just collect wool, use it to make clothes in the clothing factory ?
    As a weaver, spinner, knitter, crocheter and sewer my myself I love the idea of a crafts farm.

That has been suggested before as well and put forward too.

That was way before the Obsidian farm too.  :(

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Pigs are, or can be, used in quite a few events. Granted we can't do anything with the pigs themselves, and even though they don't sell for a lot, I think a little extra income in exchange for what they provide in an event is kind of nice for a change. Like Donkeys, they're not NEEDED anywhere else, so can just be sold. I like this choice, that players have a choice what they build & what they use each stable for. 

A sheep farm and clothing factory sounds fun! Maybe they could turn it into a DW event & use it to replace the current Greta - or have 2 Greta's that alternate, like they do for Tessa.
    Why DW?  my thought process is …. Dream World … sleep … counting sheep. 

Looks like there's more than just myself, who are on board with a sheep farm and a clothing/craft building.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Just a reminder that we do have sheep on the Viking farm already, but it would be nice to have on one of our permanent farms as well.  :)
    True....we do have sheep on the viking farm, which is okay, but I am talking about having one on the permanent farms.
    The temporary farms are just that. Temporary. And I don't play the temporary farms all the time.
    Thanks for the reminder about the viking farm sheep.
    @Mathias (US1) moved to Suggestions

Did you read the Q&A?
    "I can totally understand that you all are longing for exciting new content! At this very moment, I can’t tell you a secret I’m afraid. But spoiler alert: There will be new content coming. We did a big Survey earlier this year to listen to your feedback and see what your wishes are. Do you want new events? And if so, which topics should they cover? Would you like to see new characters or are there enough? What’s the reward situation?"

You can add these thoughts, and others to 
    [Discussion] [Q&A] Questions and answers.
    Events are not what I'm looking for.
    (with the exception of the Airport, that should be a coop event, like village fair)
    I'm looking for permanent crops to grow, and permanent building to strive for.
    New and more events just crowd the upper half of my screen with kiosks. Y'all have way too many of those as it is. You have so many that you have them overlapping all the time.
    Events are just distractions. Some are fun, others are quite dopey. Please no more events.
    I speak for several members of my coop as well. They've also said that there are too many events going on at the same time.

Surely, you can create permanent items, like new crops to grow that can be used in new buildings you can build when you reach certain levels (and not absurdly high levels either)

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 27.05.2023
    Where are the sheep? That is one of the most common farming animal in the world.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Various players have asked for sheep many times over the years (for more than just on the Viking temp farm).

If you type sheep in the top right search box, many of those threads will pop up, I saw some as long ago as 2013 !

The most recent I found was about a month ago, here;
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4428106#Comment_4428106
    A sheep stable, with a wool processing factory for different types of clothes to make would be PERFECT.
    As long as you can obtain the wool factory at a reasonably low level, like 200 or 250.
    edited 28.05.2023
    @Mathias (US1)   I notice this is similar your other post New Building so I have merged them.
    We have guidelines for forwarding suggestions HERE,  By merging them it is more likely to meet those criterion.

As I said above  adding these thoughts, and others to [Discussion] [Q&A] Questions and answers. is where CM Kara is actually asking for this sort of suggestion and is your best place to post.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    The airport could be used to allow shipments of items to each other in the coop.
Sign In to comment.