Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Giving Gifts

DelihlaDelihla Posts: 3
Hello, I am the leader of the co-op LLK, I would like to give gifts to my members to show my appreciation and help them out but I'm not exactly sure how to do that. Could anyone tell me how to send gifts to other members?
Thank you so so much!
Post edited by Delihla on

Comments

• Dana672Dana672 Posts: 49
    edited 23.04.2013
    That's a great thought and very generous of you, but it is not possible at this time.

Perhaps you could send each an in-game email and tell them how much you appreciate them.
  • DelihlaDelihla Posts: 3
    edited 23.04.2013
    You really cant send gifts? this sucks :/ thanks for the reply though~
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 23.04.2013
    Unfortunately Dana is correct. Big Farm does not give the ability to give gifts or donate goods. But it was a good idea about sending a in game mail. I like your thinking Dana and Delihla very thoughtful of you to think of your members in such a lovely way. I am sure they appreciate being in your coop
  • Dolphin (AU1)Dolphin (AU1) AU1 Posts: 117
    edited 23.04.2013
    Just a query, what is the point of that gift section we have? If you cant give gifts then obviously you cant receive them so why do we have that?

Thankyou :)
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 23.04.2013
    The gift box is there for when you win a gift, like the easter egg bird bath was a gift and that is where it was put. That way you could choose which farm to put it on.
  • Dana672Dana672 Posts: 49
    edited 23.04.2013
    The latest update changed the "Gift" screen to "Drop Box" to avoid this confusion. The announcement of the next update hints at potentially doing good deeds for your neighbors, so you may get your wish after all!
  • trollolol6trollolol6 Posts: 1
    edited 24.09.2013
    why wont this game disallowed that thing.Maybe this thing will make bigfarm a better game.
    don't you think..........
    Thank you for reading my advice, this is for the game
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 24.09.2013
    trollolol6 wrote: »
    why wont this game disallowed that thing.Maybe this thing will make bigfarm a better game.
    don't you think..........
    Thank you for reading my advice, this is for the game

What thing do you want disallowed?
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 24.09.2013
    jess_d wrote: »
    What thing do you want disallowed?

Probably the cannot send anybody a gift/product thing :)
  • Marianne4Marianne4 Posts: 14
    edited 26.09.2013
    That sucks I know. I can't even collect my own gift (welcome Gift). Anyways you are a good leader. I appreciate it. TC
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 26.09.2013
    Sending gifts sounds like a great thing at start, but the more you go into it, it becomes more and more difficult - what kind of gifts are we thinking about? How would we stop simple cheating by sending low level players lots of high level stuff? Or incredible amounts of low level stuff? What would the quests be good for, if you can just complete them by getting a mail from a coop mate? What would a non payuser cooperative say about another cooperative being completely out of reach, just because one high level payuser supplies all of "his guys" with everything they need? How would there be any incentive to play on smaller or lower level coops that are just starting out, if you could just basically win the game by joining a huge one?

I see your point, but it would bring many, many problems if we add it as a regular feature. We are, however, always thinking about ways to help your buddies in future events, for example - I'll keep you updated on this if everything arises.
  • Rudolph12Rudolph12 Posts: 7
    edited 26.09.2013
    I just want to ask, why some of the top 10 players have stuff that is donated by someone else? Can somebody explain that?
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 26.09.2013
    Latten wrote: »
    Sending gifts sounds like a great thing at start, but the more you go into it, it becomes more and more difficult - what kind of gifts are we thinking about? How would we stop simple cheating by sending low level players lots of high level stuff? Or incredible amounts of low level stuff? What would the quests be good for, if you can just complete them by getting a mail from a coop mate? What would a non payuser cooperative say about another cooperative being completely out of reach, just because one high level payuser supplies all of "his guys" with everything they need? How would there be any incentive to play on smaller or lower level coops that are just starting out, if you could just basically win the game by joining a huge one?

I see your point, but it would bring many, many problems if we add it as a regular feature. We are, however, always thinking about ways to help your buddies in future events, for example - I'll keep you updated on this if everything arises.

How about you guys just add some more items to the Twins Event that can be bought with farm dollars.
    edited 26.09.2013
    Rudolph12 wrote: »
    I just want to ask, why some of the top 10 players have stuff that is donated by someone else? Can somebody explain that?

I am not sure at all what you mean? Could you explain what you mean by 'stuff'? Is it decorations? Produce? Buildings? I actually think they financed all themselves. i.e. mainly gold. Is that what you meant?
    edited 28.09.2013
    No, Larino, me and my coop leader saw on their farms a meadow that was glittering and if you put your cursor over it, it said " donated by ......(another players name). Does that make sense to you? Send a message to my coop leader and ask him, you should hear the same reply.
  • Vice2Vice2 Posts: 4
    edited 28.09.2013
    I saw with my own eyes that top players have donated stuff, medow that is glittering and cowshed, and when you put cursor on it it said donated by... I agree with Rudolph12, so what is about that?
  • Farmer Matej 5 (INT1)Farmer Matej 5 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 6
    edited 28.09.2013
    I agree with the above statements. I also saw the same thing, glittering medow and says it was a gift from another player but now it's all gone. So how is it that some have the option giving gifts?
    edited 28.09.2013
    Larino, go to Adamjoe (#2 player on the rankings) his got a field that is a gift from FarmerLaura. Can you tell me how that is possible, as they say we can't give anything to anybody????????
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 28.09.2013
    The fields and buildings are not gifts. They have been paid for by the farm owner. What you are seeing is a 'gift' from the twins from the Naughty or Nice event which has been given by another player to enhance the harvest from those buildings, which is why the buildings glitter.
    edited 28.09.2013
    Ok, I see, thank you for your reply.
    edited 29.09.2013
    Rudolph12 wrote: »
    No, Larino, me and my coop leader saw on their farms a meadow that was glittering and if you put your cursor over it, it said " donated by ......(another players name). Does that make sense to you? Send a message to my coop leader and ask him, you should hear the same reply.

Sorry for being late, I see Hodor also answered it. The naughty and nice event allows you to buy gifts or pranks that boost or stop the production of certain buildings. Top level players get gifted, but certainly pranked a lot because they are so high in the rankings. Buildings and decorations cannot be gifted :)
  • Botermeisje2Botermeisje2 Posts: 1
    edited 29.09.2013
    want to ask if some one knows how to give gold to another,, Katja
    edited 29.09.2013
    want to ask if some one knows how to give gold to another,, Katja

Hello Katja,
    In the game it is not possible to transfer anything to another player. No gold, no products, no dollars, no collectibles, no nothing :)

If you want to gift the other player, you can buy a gift in the naughty or nice event and gift it to their buildings so they produce more and they get a bit more dollars for that produce.

If it is a real life friend of yours, you can also transfer real money to their bank account so they can buy gold from that money.

Those are the only possibilities you have

Good luck!
  • ramah57 (GB1)ramah57 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 4
    I have hundreds of gifts received for various reasons - am I to understand that all they can do is sit in my inventory?
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    I have hundreds of gifts received for various reasons - am I to understand that all they can do is sit in my inventory?
    U need to sent it to others or to ur coop members they will be there if u don't sent to others for all eternity
  • tulie (GB1)tulie (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2
    but how do we send them

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    Someone did a tutorial here recently. You go to a person's farm, click on the field, machine you want... then the gifts will pop up. Certain ones are good for certain things.  You should be able to figure it out from there.

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 22.04.2019
    but how do we send them

@tulie (GB1)
    Here's a link to a post by Magnetix explaining how to give gifts to other players....
      https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/189791/how-to-sparkle-other-players-give-gifts
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • Terry4 (US1)Terry4 (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    Well I had the same exact question about giving gifts so in just looking over dozens of posts about
    *Giving Gifts* it seems you can go to anybodys farm click on a building and any gift will pop up.
    So otherwise then we cant do anything other than that lousy way of Gifting, that stinks.. ! :-(
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Well I had the same exact question about giving gifts so in just looking over dozens of posts about
    *Giving Gifts* it seems you can go to anybodys farm click on a building and any gift will pop up.
    So otherwise then we cant do anything other than that lousy way of Gifting, that stinks.. ! :-(
    Not exactly a player can visit any other players farm with on their server - Ex: US1 To gift a production item - like a field or animal which will, when harvested give that receiving players item a boost. depending on the gift given.
     This can & is used by many teams during a Co op Challenge to help secure a better placing in a mission. Also a great way to help fellow members with in your Co op with Weekly Events. Helping to ensure they can earn a deco to help their farms improve even more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file