Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Welcome Spring!

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 4,708

This thread is where we can discuss the new  update 

Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,228
    I so can't wait for Spring to finally get here, cause I am not a Winter type person nope, do not like the cold and snow /ice to take care of. :)
  • Mathias (US1)Mathias (US1) US1 Posts: 97
    Does the probability feature on the mystery boxes mean that we can pick and choose our mystery boxes when awarded ???

When you put a bldg. into the new inventory tab, is it active for harvesting, or does it become dormant ?

Does the WoF upgrade mean that the "prizes" will be different or better, and what exactly is the new glorious goat shed ? Is it available to win for everyone, or is it a reward for those high level, mega spinning players ?

And what is the apple trader, that I saw in the above post ?

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 13.04.2023
    @Mathias (US1) the apple trader is actually called the reward center, it's where we trade in the golden & silver apples (I'm sorry for the confusion, I've just gotten in the habit of referring to it as the apple trader)

as for the rest - I have the same questions, we'll just have to wait and see :)
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
  • Again an update in the final hour of the greta dream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop this nonsens please, update at an other time 
    LISTEN TO PLAYERS
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 4,708
    edited 16.04.2023
    When in storage they are not usable. It is not giving you extra production space.
    It is so you can swap out buildings according to your current needs.
    For instance Mysterious Asia needs a ton of  pigs at stage 5. You can keep extra pigs in storage and swap them for say chicks that you do not have an urgent need for.

Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 13.04.2023
    We can't store our useless farm labs? Takes most of the value of this feature away for me. Was hoping to put my labs away until they maybe become worthwhile again.  

This update seems like it is going to be disappointing for a lot of players.

1. New goat shed is a diamond upgrade.
    2. Spring wheel needs hard to get spring tokens.
    3. None of the production buildings can be stored.
    Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
  • sylciafi (PL1)sylciafi (PL1) PL1 Posts: 320
    edited 13.04.2023
    hiding the farm for ostriches on the obsidian farm resulted in its loss because it is nowhere to
     be found, the warehouse is empty
    edited 13.04.2023
    @sylciafi (PL1)  the buildings will be there when you have the tab back, they are not lost.

The bug is reported.

We are hoping for a quick hot fix.

• sylciafi (PL1)sylciafi (PL1) PL1 Posts: 320

Thanks for the info, I'm waiting for the fix
    The new inv. tab to store bldgs. is pretty much a waste. If I want more space on my farm, I'll buy a community bldg for that. At least then the stables are operative.
    Swapping out bldgs. seems rather annoying, unless you play all day, every day, or get involved in every event, which I do not.
    Unless I miss my guess, this feature will only benefit higher level farmers, who play constantly.
    Also, it seems you CAN'T store laboratories, nurseries, silos, composters, or windmills.
    Personally, I think you should spend time and effort into other features, like new decorations that lower level  and/or part time players can use, that don't cost a zillion gold.
    Or coming up with NEW prizes for the Spinning Wheels. The ones you have,  have become monotonous.
    Or more new types of bldgs to earn (at lower levels) I'm at level 206, and have nothing to play for any more.
    I have the dairy, the jam factory, what else is there ????

I have more, but I'll stop now.

I think the inventory tab could be useful, even for smaller, growing farms who are often out of space for new things they want to build. It could, for example, be handy to store something to make room to build perhaps a stable that can then be moved into a community bldg & then replace the stored item(s). 
    I'm sure there can be more uses for this new feature, and I suspect that with a little time, ideas will surface :)

Earlier there was a comment that the new goat shed is upgradable for diamonds. I have not yet seen this new goat stable. It sounds a little off, as the only buildings that currently use diamonds for upgrades are the community buildings. I am wondering if anyone else has yet seen this new goat stable & if so, where it can be found?
    Sorry for the "rant" earlier, about the new INV. tab.
    After talking with the members of my co-op, the suggestion was made to use the storage during co-op projects.
    Build some extra cow sheds and store them. Then during a "milk" project, you can store your fields, and bring out the cow sheds.
    If you do a "corn" project, then you can store the cow sheds, and bring out the fields.
    You can do this on your Gourmet farm too. For a co-op egg project, exchange the fields for extra duck coops you've built.
    This just might be a good feature after all.
    Again, I do apologize for the "rant"

• farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 14.04.2023
    I think the inventory tab could be useful, even for smaller, growing farms who are often out of space for new things they want to build. It could, for example, be handy to store something to make room to build perhaps a stable that can then be moved into a community bldg & then replace the stored item(s). 
    I'm sure there can be more uses for this new feature, and I suspect that with a little time, ideas will surface :)

Earlier there was a comment that the new goat shed is upgradable for diamonds. I have not yet seen this new goat stable. It sounds a little off, as the only buildings that currently use diamonds for upgrades are the community buildings. I am wondering if anyone else has yet seen this new goat stable & if so, where it can be found?
    Here .

Hover over your upgrade arrow and the cost will show as 10,000 diamonds. And it is not just goats, they are only the newest one. All main farm fields and stables, donkeys, ducks, and mills have diamond upgrades 

Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
    Thanks - that's something different - that's on existing goat stables.
    The announcement read that there will be a new type of goat stable. I was thinking it might be comparable to the spring cow or the spring pig, or something.
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    Sorry for the "rant" earlier, about the new INV. tab.
    After talking with the members of my co-op, the suggestion was made to use the storage during co-op projects.
    Build some extra cow sheds and store them. Then during a "milk" project, you can store your fields, and bring out the cow sheds.
    If you do a "corn" project, then you can store the cow sheds, and bring out the fields.
    You can do this on your Gourmet farm too. For a co-op egg project, exchange the fields for extra duck coops you've built.
    This just might be a good feature after all.
    Again, I do apologize for the "rant"

The problem with that feature is that you still need lots of workers! And you can't hide the extra houses away.
    The apartment building needs to be upgraded to contain more houses if there is to be anything smart about it.
    YES you can store houses in the INV. tab.
    I have 2 of my houses there now.
    edited 16.04.2023
    JA du kan opbevare huse i INV. fanen.
    Jeg har 2 af mine huse der nu.
    But not all houses??
    My lvl. 9 can't, but lvl. 7 can, it's strange. (Well, maybe it's because there aren't enough workers)  :) 

edited 16.04.2023
    And if you hide it away, you lose your workers!!

Yes When in storage they are not usable. It is not giving you extra production space.
    It is so you can swap out buildings according to your current needs.
    For instance Mysterious Asia needs a ton of  pigs at stage 5. You can keep extra pigs in storage and swap them for say chicks that you do not have an urgent need for.

It is also why you cannot store that house: the workers are in use.
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    Rosy, i know it's a little early but do you know if they plan in the feature to increase the storage space from 10 to let's say 50 or more? The idea behind this storage is great, i like it so far. But the capacity of 10 is not that great.
    LOL CyberJohn - I love your way of thinking !!!  50 would be awesome !
    Infinite would be better :smiley: !

It may well be tweaked as we settle in to using it but we won't know until it happens.
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    This new spring wheel is a joke.
     I wasn't expecting to see useful items, worthy decorations or catalyst, but, the sunflower seeds, orange/green boxes and feed are everywhere, why should I buy spring tokens to get more of them? 
    One more thing I saw, tried and want to forget already. Not impressed at all.

Plus, they used the old rusty truck. They didn't even bother to make it a little beautiful  at least.
    This new spring wheel is a joke.
     I wasn't expecting to see useful items, worthy decorations or catalyst, but, the sunflower seeds, orange/green boxes and feed are everywhere, why should I buy spring tokens to get more of them? 
    One more thing I saw, tried and want to forget already. Not impressed at all.

Plus, they used the old rusty truck. They didn't even bother to make it a little beautiful  at least.
    A rusty truck? Hmmm, I guess I never looked at it that close, I thought it just had a lot of mud splatters on it. Maybe because around where I live there is often clay in the soil so it often looks reddish. So interesting how we can see different things :)

I certainly find humor in that the deco prize shown for the jackpot round of the Spring WoF, is the "King of Autumn". I would have expected at least a spring themed deco, but at least I got a laugh looking at the wheel prizes, and laughter is always a good thing ;)

I will say that I agree; I wasn't very impressed with the prizes. I'm personally not a big fan of those green boxes, they're not enticing to me. Nor was I impressed with the goat stable. But hoping maybe some players are & they will spin a lot for it
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    When you take buildings out of the new inventory tab how much time do they take to rebuild?
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    When you take buildings out of the new inventory tab how much time do they take to rebuild?
    No rebuild time at all
Sign In to comment.