Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New right side bar?

124»

Comments

• Yes, this new feature of the right-side bar is now affecting all servers.  Earlier is was launched only on the US server, but now is on all servers.  When you buy the tiniest bit of gold then the ads disappear for 60 days. :)
    Oh goody , I'll just use my nonexistent cash to buy some gold then. Your smiley face is inappropriate IMHO. Please try to remember that some people do not have the spare money to buy the ''tiniest bit of gold''.
    Well said @hamsters1 (GB1), thank you! There are many that are in that same predicament (several have already commented the same about lack of funds on this thread even, and many more in game that can't get on forum any more).

In addition, it seems ChickadeeQuilter doesn't take to heart that so many of these comments are players remarking that ads such as these are more likely to push them away from this game &/or refuse to buy gold because of them, so to suggest yet again to buy gold - even the tiniest bit - is more like another poke in the fire (IMHO) 

The reality is if you don't want to see the ads buy some gold.   Making digs at the mods over something they have absolutely no control over is inappropriate. 

The actual reality in terms of business economics is that the developers are trying to force people that they believe don't buy gold often enough to buy gold more often. A business model like that tends to backfire. Instead of forcing people to buy gold more often, the actual affect is that you push the infrequent buyers off the game or you cause them to resolve to thwart the company's efforts by other means such as giving negative reviews on gaming sites and blocking the ads or even going so far as to down load programs that change the developer's code to remove the ad bar, which is illegal in many jurisdictions.

The end result is that they actually generate less revenue than before. The ads are blocked, which generates no revenue. The players that don't know how to block the ads or can't be bothered leave, which generates no revenue. Players leaving an MMO make competitive events less fun, which can cost you people that do buy gold frequently since there is a loss of immersion, excitement, and friends. Its also more likely to cause gold buyers to buy less gold since less resources are required to win against fewer competitors. An increase in negative reviews mean that new players are less likely to try the game which also reduces the potential for revenue generation.

Even though my formal education was in engineering, what I did for most of my adult life prior to my medically required retirement was run businesses. Steps like this were taken by businesses that had become bloated with upper and middle managers and had suffered a gradual or sudden revenue decline. It usually took 1 or 2 quarters for the upper management to realize that these steps resulted in a sharper decline of revenue and then 1 of 2 things usually happened. Rarely, a business would do a course correction and save themselves. More frequently they started layoffs of needed staff to keep unneeded managers employed. This always resulted in a closure or sell off of the business which eventually cost those managers their jobs anyway. If it was a branch of a business it damaged the reputation of the brand and made new projects harder to get off the ground.

Lets hope that GGS takes the course correction route before they do too much damage to the brand to recover.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346

The actual reality in terms of business economics is that the developers are trying to force people that they believe don't buy gold often enough to buy gold more often. A business model like that tends to backfire. Instead of forcing people to buy gold more often, the actual affect is that you push the infrequent buyers off the game or you cause them to resolve to thwart the company's efforts by other means such as giving negative reviews on gaming sites and blocking the ads or even going so far as to down load programs that change the developer's code to remove the ad bar, which is illegal in many jurisdictions.

The end result is that they actually generate less revenue than before. The ads are blocked, which generates no revenue. The players that don't know how to block the ads or can't be bothered leave, which generates no revenue. Players leaving an MMO make competitive events less fun, which can cost you people that do buy gold frequently since there is a loss of immersion, excitement, and friends. Its also more likely to cause gold buyers to buy less gold since less resources are required to win against fewer competitors. An increase in negative reviews mean that new players are less likely to try the game which also reduces the potential for revenue generation.

Even though my formal education was in engineering, what I did for most of my adult life prior to my medically required retirement was run businesses. Steps like this were taken by businesses that had become bloated with upper and middle managers and had suffered a gradual or sudden revenue decline. It usually took 1 or 2 quarters for the upper management to realize that these steps resulted in a sharper decline of revenue and then 1 of 2 things usually happened. Rarely, a business would do a course correction and save themselves. More frequently they started layoffs of needed staff to keep unneeded managers employed. This always resulted in a closure or sell off of the business which eventually cost those managers their jobs anyway. If it was a branch of a business it damaged the reputation of the brand and made new projects harder to get off the ground.

Lets hope that GGS takes the course correction route before they do too much damage to the brand to recover.
    Amen to all of this. .... Well said Grandpa Squeak !!!  This is the sort of message I hope gets forwarded back to the team, and I too hope they see the bigger picture and take the course correction path ;)
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Believe me, we are forwarding this with some force!!!

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Thank you RosyStarling  !!
    Thumbs Up Approve Smiley

• Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    Believe me, we are forwarding this with some force!!!

Thanks Rosy <3 
  • aaron93 (US1)aaron93 (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    If you use Kaspersky internet security that blocks all adds and banners as well
  • pmilers (US1)pmilers (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    Hi everyone, if you are using Chrome and then use uBlocker for your ad blocker, you can remove the right side white bar by going to your options or advanced options and unchecking "Allow some non-intrusive advertising".
  • DoomDark (US1)DoomDark (US1) INT1 Posts: 25
    I wam using firefox with noscript and i was not even aware of this ad bar until some ppl on my coop started asking about it. With noscript you need to tinker a bit but you results can be good..for example no mood surveys, various 'special great whatever' offer screens will not open at all etc :)

DD
  • I wam using firefox with noscript and i was not even aware of this ad bar until some ppl on my coop started asking about it. With noscript you need to tinker a bit but you results can be good..for example no mood surveys, various 'special great whatever' offer screens will not open at all etc :)

DD

You can do that with Greasemonkey on Firefox too but using tools that modify the developers code is illegal in the USA.
  • DoomDark (US1)DoomDark (US1) INT1 Posts: 25
    I wam using firefox with noscript and i was not even aware of this ad bar until some ppl on my coop started asking about it. With noscript you need to tinker a bit but you results can be good..for example no mood surveys, various 'special great whatever' offer screens will not open at all etc :)

DD

You can do that with Greasemonkey on Firefox too but using tools that modify the developers code is illegal in the USA.
    Too bad for you, but it does not concern me.

DD

• sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Extremely annoying and on a laptop takes up a ridiculous amount of the screen.  Very silly move by GGS but unfortunately we don't expect much better these days.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    At least if you go full screen the strip goes black if you have an ad blocker.  Its a little easier on the eye
  • Thank you Mods for your continued pressure on the devs to treat their players with respect! I logged on today and the right side ad bar is GONE! I've got the right 2 inches of my screen back. Now if we can only get in contact with the coop members that left the game because of it, my coop will be back to normal again.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Thank you for for resolving this issue.
  • Bob48 (GB1)Bob48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 19
    i also have a white bard at the top of the screen - cant play the dream farm anymore without keep reloading the game.  Not sure  can be bothered with this anymore - just getting more hassle to play.  Time to go i think..........thanks GGS and well done!

• And this is what I have after buying gold top and right side-nothing but white space:
  • Please delete my post above.  After I bought my gold and after resetting the game..the white bars did disappear.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file