Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Extreme Lag

For the last few days and before the New Year event started I have experienced extreme lag on my farm. The WOF is back to how it was before they fixed it and it is the same with WOF in Dreamworld although no lag in farming. Any suggestions?

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Have you cleared your cache? That can slow you down

if you need help with that click HERE
  • Mashy (GB1)Mashy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 29
    I`ve had a similar problem since the new year event started but only on my main farm for some odd reason. It is a recurring problem for me, usually when several events that produce the annoying graphics when harvesting, all flooding the screen at the same time. Clearing the cache sometimes works but not this time. My laptop is getting old now so maybe it just can`t cope with all the animated graphics that appear with each field or shed etc when harvested. I would love to have the option to be able to switch them off completely as I don`t need to be informed how much of a product is harvested every time I click on a field.
  • Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    RosyStarling I have tried that several times but makes no difference. It happened after the update before last .
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    I play on the US1 server and have experienced the same lag and frozen screens/cursor, making the game almost unplayable. This is really annoying in co-op competitions trying to harvest (and as mentioned above, the numerous graphics from harvests take exceedingly long to clear.) This occurs whether I use Firefox or Opera. I have cleared history/cache, closed out open tabs, restarted, and pulled the plug from the wall several times a day. For several weeks on both Firefox and Opera browsers, my Big Farm game would open up as a cropped image, leaving wide white borders which meant having to resize and scroll around the farms, until the website crashes. (I use a reconditioned desktop updated for Microsoft 10 and this is the only game I play other than an on-line mahjong game. I don't expect this to run like a new laptop, but the glitchy game performance seemed to start this year.) So, tonight I switched the browser to Google Chrome, and so far it seems better. I did note that on the Firefox browser, the bookmarked goodgamesstudios address showed a html5 extension.  Switching to Chrome without a bookmark and doing a fresh search for the site, I could find a link without the html5 tag. Playing on Chrome tonight, I am able to have my full farm displayed to fill the entire screen. One final note, with Chrome, I don't have to refresh the game screen if I stepped away (as in switching to this Forum), where on Firefox/Opera refreshing the screen would just cause the game to crash and being booted out of the server..
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    May i know the system configuration of the users who are experiencing the lab? especially your processor, number of cores and RAM? also do you have many tabs open at the same time in your browser?

BugsBunny said:
    May i know the system configuration of the users who are experiencing the lab? especially your processor, number of cores and RAM? also do you have many tabs open at the same time in your browser?

Here's my desktop PC info:   Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93 GHz, installed RAM 4.00 GB, memory 2.5/3.9GB (64%), 1 socket, 2 cores, 2 logical processors, 64-bit based processor, Windows 10 Home edition, installed 8-7-20   

When using Firefox or Opera browsers, have several bookmarked pages not game related, left them closed, tried to play with just the BigFarm on-line game and the Forum site tab open.  No problem with the Forum site but the game site lags and freezes up and I can't see full view of the farms because the image is cropped.

Yesterday switched to Google Chrome for playing the game, yesterday no problem, but today.... when visiting other members farms their field plots took several seconds to populate.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 24.01.2023
    I experience lag too.

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz   2.30 GHz
    Sockets: 1 Cores: 8 Logical processors: 16
    Installed RAM 16,0 GB (15,8 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Windows 11 Home
    Using opera with 3 open tabs (main, dreamworld and forum)

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    There more reports from other forum about extreme lag.

It will be looked into

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    BugsBunny said:

Here's my desktop PC info:   Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93 GHz, installed RAM 4.00 GB, memory 2.5/3.9GB (64%), 1 socket, 2 cores, 2 logical processors, 64-bit based processor, Windows 10 Home edition, installed 8-7-20   

When using Firefox or Opera browsers, have several bookmarked pages not game related, left them closed, tried to play with just the BigFarm on-line game and the Forum site tab open.  No problem with the Forum site but the game site lags and freezes up and I can't see full view of the farms because the image is cropped.

Yesterday switched to Google Chrome for playing the game, yesterday no problem, but today.... when visiting other members farms their field plots took several seconds to populate.

I recommend atleast 8 GB ram generally because the operating system itself mandates minimum 8GB ram these days.

However since many users having the lag, like Rosy said we have passed it into the team.

Thank you BugsBunny for your reply and suggestion. 

I should be able to get additional RAM installed for low cost at the local big box store. Otherwise, this older desktop set up works well enough for my basic internet needs.

Sign In to comment.