Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

timer on event seeds

just noticed there is a timer on rice seeds why ?

Comments

• just noticed there is a timer on rice seeds why ?
    @whiziwig (US1) Because the Asian event is running. You cannot normally buy event seeds but if they are needed for the event, they are available to buy during that event.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @whiziwig (US1) Because the Asian event is running. You cannot normally buy event seeds but if they are needed for the event, they are available to buy during that event.
    You also have to plant the ones in your inventory before the timer runs out, or they disappear.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    You also have to plant the ones in your inventory before the timer runs out, or they disappear.
    Woah!   wait a minute.  What???!!!??  Are you saying the rice seeds I have had in inventory forever will disappear?  Am I reading this right.   Or are you talking about ones that you buy during the event?  Thanks in advance for any explanation for this. 
    Woah!   wait a minute.  What???!!!??  Are you saying the rice seeds I have had in inventory forever will disappear?  Am I reading this right.   Or are you talking about ones that you buy during the event?  Thanks in advance for any explanation for this. 
    That's what I was told.  Scroll over the clock to see.  I could have been given the wrong advice, but I didn't want to find out the hard way.  I have had them disappear from my inventory in the past.
    @WascallyWabbit

Can you please confirm whether events seeds, like wheat, will disappear from inventory when the timer runs out or the event is over.  Thanks.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I'm with Shay on this. I have oodles of event seeds in inventory and none have ever disappeared.
    I'm with Shay on this. I have oodles of event seeds in inventory and none have ever disappeared.
    Same here.  I have 207 rice seeds alone.  I sure hope they don't just disappear.  I only use event seeds when I am running behind on points during a deco event or when I want more points for other random events.
  • whiziwig (US1)whiziwig (US1) US1 Posts: 1,262
    thanks for your answers everyone much appreciated
    I haven't lost any event seeds but then again I've never bought any
  • APK (IN1)APK (IN1) Posts: 49
    Same here.  I have 207 rice seeds alone.  I sure hope they don't just disappear.  I only use event seeds when I am running behind on points during a deco event or when I want more points for other random events.
    Yeah....you are right...I also have 100 rice seeds in my inventory and they never disappeared till now :smile:
  • @WascallyWabbit

Can you please confirm whether events seeds, like wheat, will disappear from inventory when the timer runs out or the event is over.  Thanks.
    @Shay1968 (US1) Wheat are special seeds rather than event seeds, but I can confirm that no seeds "disappear" from your inventory. 

The reason for the timer is simply that in the Asian event, task 1 gives rice seeds as a reward, which are needed in task 3 (collect rice), but task 2 is to collect paintings from fields & stables & someone could easily use the rice seeds for task 2 and then not be able to do task 3, so only during the event, it is possible to purchase more rice seeds.
    @WascallyWabbit

@Shay1968 (US1) Wheat are special seeds rather than event seeds, but I can confirm that no seeds "disappear" from your inventory. 

The reason for the timer is simply that in the Asian event, task 1 gives rice seeds as a reward, which are needed in task 3 (collect rice), but task 2 is to collect paintings from fields & stables & someone could easily use the rice seeds for task 2 and then not be able to do task 3, so only during the event, it is possible to purchase more rice seeds.
    Thanks Wascally,  I actually meant Rice, not wheat.  Mind thinking one thing, fingers typing another. :p  So the timer is a countdown for the limited time to be able to buy Rice seeds.  And we don't lose seeds when the event ends.  Very good to know because I never noticed a countdown timer before.

@artful (US1)
    Our seeds are safe :)
    @WascallyWabbit

Thanks Wascally,  I actually meant Rice, not wheat.  Mind thinking one thing, fingers typing another. :p  So the timer is a countdown for the limited time to be able to buy Rice seeds.  And we don't lose seeds when the event ends.  Very good to know because I never noticed a countdown timer before.

@artful (US1)
    Thanks, WW.  Wish I could remember who originally told us that they disappear from inventory.  This is good to know! :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @WascallyWabbit

@artful (US1)
    Thanks, WW.  Wish I could remember who originally told us that they disappear from inventory.  This is good to know! :)
    Yeah, they won't disappear from inventory, if you already have some in stock.

If you don't HAVE any, the game will allow you to buy them and plant them for 100gold each, but if you already have some in inventory the game won't let you buy them.

And if you don't have any in stock and it does let you buy them, it won't let you "stock up" on them either; you have to plant them as you buy them through the menu.. So it's not like you could buy 100 of them when they're on the timer. :)

Too bad too, I love Bean Seeds.
    @WascallyWabbit

@artful (US1)

If you don't HAVE any, the game will allow you to buy them and plant them for 100gold each, but if you already have some in inventory the game won't let you buy them.

And if you don't have any in stock and it does let you buy them, it won't let you "stock up" on them either; you have to plant them as you buy them through the menu.. So it's not like you could buy 100 of them when they're on the timer. :)

Okay, now I AM confused (easily done these days.)  So, if I buy bean seeds, I do have to plant 'em or lose 'em?  I have never bought any, but I have won some, and I know for a fact they had disappeared when I went to plant them later.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 01.10.2017
    @WascallyWabbit

@artful (US1)

Okay, now I AM confused (easily done these days.)  So, if I buy bean seeds, I do have to plant 'em or lose 'em?  I have never bought any, but I have won some, and I know for a fact they had disappeared when I went to plant them later.
    If you don't have any in stock, you buy them WHILE you plant them - IE, when you click on the field and click "Sow", it takes you to the "Pick a seed" menu:

If I didn't have any in stock, that button would be the blue/gold "Buy" button instead.  So you could pay 100 gold (or whatever the price is) and it would buy a seed and plant it at the same time.

Since I have 170 of them, I don't get the "Buy" button; I'd have to use up all 170 of mine before it would start charging me 100gold every time I planted them.

You can't buy them more than 1 at a time that way, and you have to plant them AS you buy them - so you can't "put any into inventory" this way. 

But the 170 that I've collected via events, Yarnacle, etc., will stay there until I use them.

That make more sense?
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • Barb66 (US1)Barb66 (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    Sometimes I need an information refresher. What is the purpose/function of the timer on event seeds? All help understanding this will be greatly appreciated.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Event seeds are only available to but during the event.
    The timer tells you how long they are available for as Wascally explained in answer to the original question
    You can plant them any time

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file