Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Temp Farm Workers & Happiness

Why are we not able to buy the above listed with the Temp Farm coins also, instead of just runes?
I hope this is just an oversight and will be changed to buy with both coins and runes.

Thank you

Comments

• daisymae7 (US1)daisymae7 (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    Yes, as the runestones are actually obsolete with the change of the temp farms.  
  • Yes, as the runestones are actually obsolete with the change of the temp farms.  
    I still get runestones from gold mystery boxes and gold chests.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Yes, as the runestones are actually obsolete with the change of the temp farms.  
    I still get runestones from gold mystery boxes and gold chests.
    Really??? You're lucky!!!
    I used to get them (and vouchers and seashells) in the gold chests (but never mystery boxes), but they've all appeared to have been replaced with horseshoes & pleasure park tickets in mine. I haven't gotten any new ones in a long time.
  • Yes, last year we were told that runestones were being phased out in favor of the new winter farm coins. So I exchanged all my runestones for those. I guess GGS found another way to squeeze more real money out of the high rollers?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Plus, with all the limitations & restrictions on buying (with the new Festive coins) the premium or seaweed products for the seals/penguins and the trees/berries/sheep, this make for an "unfun" event. Fortunately I can get most all my greenhouse seeds from the Jetty boat so I may discontinue participating in this event and won't be wasting my gold on developing the Temp farm more quickly as in past times.  I am just sad to see it go in this direction.
  • I participate in the temp farms during the FIFA event just to get the extra whistles, trophies, and footballs from harvesting on the temp farm.
  • Mr. Greenthumb (US1)Mr. Greenthumb (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 09.12.2022
    The viking farm has much more value than the festive farm that's active right now. You can get viking duck coops and donkey stables for a reasonable amount of coins, as opposed to houses or fruit orchards which cost the same as 10 duck coops/donkeys. Unless you need the festive farm specifically for greenhouse seeds, I would avoid spending gold on this event.
    Post edited by Mr. Greenthumb (US1) on
  • Set (US1)Set (US1) US1 Posts: 45
    This was a pretty simple question. I am not sure why it has not been answered and people are liking off topic responses 

Maybe if I say the same thing differently. 

The runestone trader which we all know is obsolete used to offer workers and happiness for sale

The festive farm trader does not

The original posted questions remain

1. Why is this no longer an option?

2. Was this an oversight that will be changed?

I do not recall if the other winter farms allowed these options because I skipped them so I have been looking forward to an answer

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    the workers and happiness were offered on the last viking farm for coins

• Set (US1) said:
    This was a pretty simple question. I am not sure why it has not been answered and people are liking off topic responses 

Maybe if I say the same thing differently. 

The runestone trader which we all know is obsolete used to offer workers and happiness for sale

The festive farm trader does not

The original posted questions remain

1. Why is this no longer an option?

2. Was this an oversight that will be changed?

I do not recall if the other winter farms allowed these options because I skipped them so I have been looking forward to an answer

Bennet Drake's answer (while a tad cynical) is the correct one as far as we can tell. All of the programming infrastructure was all ready in place but far fewer people will spend huge amounts of gold to buy things when they can save runestones so they made the runestones obsolete and made temp farm coins non-collectable.

I doubt that this move had the desired effect. Anyone that was willing to spend gold to buy them all ready had them. What happened (from what I saw in my coop) was that people just stopped playing the temp farms. There were some players in my coop that would spend a little gold at the start of a temp farm to expand early when it makes a huge difference. This increased your runestone reward at the end and when you could carry them over it made sense to do that. When they made the coins evaporate like Leprechaun gold after the temp farm ended it no longer made sense to spend gold on the event at all (or even to participate).

GGS went after what the corporate world calls "the whales" but the whales are an endangered species so they have lost the whales and the ordinary fish all at the same time. A typical upper management decision (mistake) when things get tough economically in the corporate world.
  • I have found at least on the Festive Farm that I need the runestones to purchase the extra workers.  The festive coins don't have that selection to purchase.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file