Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] October Update is here!

This is where we can discuss  October Update is here!

Comments

• fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    Attn: Rosy Starling

RE: OCTOBER 5 UPDATE for US1 server.

Is the update time 9:30 a.m. for US1 server EST (our eastern standard time) or is it showing the CEST (Central European Summer Time)?  If Germany is still on CEST time, then they are 6 hrs ahead of us (I think).

I just need to let our co-op know when US1 server will be down tomorrow - we have players all across the time zones in North America.

Thank you in advance (TIA) - FadedJean (US1)
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 05.10.2022
    All GGS times are always German time. Currently CEST

I will add the time zone to the News Bulletin
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    Thank you Rosy, I'll remember that going forward.

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    We Mods do truly want to hear from you concerning this latest October Update. I realize there are a lot of aspect to it, but we do want to know your comments (positive as well as negative).  We forward them on to the Team. We want to make this Big Farm Game a wonderful experience.  Thank you.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I was underwhelmed so said nowt.
    I'm still level 1 in Farmers Union but my target is still 2100 so no change there
    Appearances do not excite me and WoF tokens are only marginally better (especially with that stupid pig and all the extra pointless animations) and the apple trader was just a strategy to give us worse rewards than before.
    and lo!, another birthday has arrived for a game that was more fun 5 years ago than it is today!!!!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 02.02.2023

B) 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Despite the reduction in prizes, most of our co-op enjoyed the Octoberfest event. It's something different. 
    There seems to be an issue with the current Autumn Wheel of Fortune displaying "Festive XMas tokens" on offer and our members not receiving the progress prize #67 tokens (reported in bugs and to support).
    Those of us who do the horse event, really enjoy that. At least so far they've not reduced the prizes for that event. The "spooky" avatars and decos are cool.
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    As Uncle John said. You really need to rethink this farmers union ASAP. I am at lvl 4 with 10.000 point and that's because i bought some points from the offers. I will let a note in my will to my children and their children to get to lvl 10 at least if it's possible. Because at this rate there is no way i will get all the levels in my life time.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    I like that we get an extra boost in production from the Farmers Union. I don't like that moving up to the next level is so slow. My tasks can be finished relatively quickly then I'm stuck collecting points forever. Currently, I need over 3,000 points to move on to level 4. I completed the tasks so I'm ready to move on. Players are penalized by a reduction in points if they don't play every day. I was collecting 30 points a day, but I had to be away from the game for personal reasons & I had to go back to collecting only 8 points a day. Seems silly to me & I wonder why I even bother when I could just buy library books to get some boosts. I noticed when looking at the character overview, there is nothing for level 7. So, will we collect who knows how many points to get to level 7 without receiving any benefits? Maybe the points can be reduced by quite a lot and/or give us a way to earn extra points other than buying them so we can level up a bit faster. Also, could we have a little red exclamation mark to let us know when our points are ready to be collected? ;)

I agree with Uncle John about the apple trader. I'm not a huge fan of that one but at least we can save up to buy something unlike the trade center. I played the candy farm to earn lollipops but due to having to be away from the game, I was unable to trade them for something before it ended. It's frustrating when you work towards something then just lose it. Why did GGS change it so that the currency disappears rather than accumulating? Not everyone can stay glued to their computer all day every day. Change it back & make it more user friendly for everyone. I will not play the temporary farms as long as the currency keeps resetting. 

It seems that the forum isn't nearly as active as it once was & I wonder why. Are players tired of expressing themselves because no one is listening? It used to be that when there was an update, there would be several pages of posts in the discussion thread. 

To end on a positive note, I'm looking forward to the birthday event  :)
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Thank you. All comments are appreciated and will be passed on to the Team. :)
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    well, I too hadn't commented because I didn't have much to say, but since you ask ....

the anniversary event, can't comment on because it hasn't happened yet

seasonal themes are always nice as far as decorations, horse themes, skins & landscapes, but I am not a fan of seasonal tokens for the special WoF

As for the Farmer's Union update, I think most of it was unnecessary & now needs further adjusting. I mean if they were going to fix/balance some of the #s, why not all of them? (I will put details in a separate note)
     - - for the most part, the # of an item requested and the amount of any reward item increases the higher the level. This is not always true though. Also, with the adjustments from this update, there are now some huge leaps/gaps in how much of an item is requested for the next Union level. 

From what I have heard from players, is that it's the Union Points that are difficult to attain to level up, not the items to collect. Even a level 56 player I know, had no trouble collecting the produce to complete all tasks LONG before she ever had enough points to level up. So the collection tasks were not too out of whack. Besides, to get these rewards, it's not supposed to be super easy, right?

I do agree with the point that Jess made about the penalty for missing a day. To get 30 UP a day, we must 1st login for 7 days in a row to build up to 30, then continue each day to keep 30. But, if we miss just 1 day (work, sick, holiday, etc), the # of pts is reduced and we can not even get it back the next day, we have to wait again another 7 days just to get back up to that 30.
    Why cant we build it back up in the # of days we miss, instead of another entire 7 days - that makes it exhausting and for many, even pointless (there are players who work and just can not play EVERY day, I mean, even GGS employees are not here over the weekend, how/why can they expect us to be)

@jess_d (US1)
    I am not sure what you mean by level 7 not giving any benefits?
    There are tasks and rewards for every single level (no exception) in The Farmer's Union (TFU), including character updates. The # of tasks increases with most levels, and level 7 has 10 tasks as rewards, and 5 of those rewards are character updates. Near the top of TFU box, there are green arrows on each side of where it shows the level, and we can scroll and see what the rewards are for each level. This is where I saw this info.

Sadly, there are many players who stopped playing temp farms for exactly that reason; they can no longer save up to get prizes they desire, and/or lose all they earned because they had to be away for a few days due to travel or illness. This change was made when BF added the new currencies & about the time the deco sets that give boosts to our farms were added. I suspect those sets might be what prompted them to decide to not let us store the currencies, but I don't think they thought of the negative effect that would have - that many players are no longer enticed to participate at all

As for the forum inactivity, that is another sadness & it is felt on many forums, not just the EN one. There are several factors there, IMHO;
    1-the biggest being that many players are no longer able to login to forum. It's been several years now, & still not fixed
    2-some talk on discord now instead
    3-the # of big farm players has reduced due to unfavorable changes in the game (I recall at least 2, where a swarm of players left)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

@jess_d (US1)
    I am not sure what you mean by level 7 not giving any benefits?
    There are tasks and rewards for every single level (no exception) in The Farmer's Union (TFU), including character updates. The # of tasks increases with most levels, and level 7 has 10 tasks as rewards, and 5 of those rewards are character updates. Near the top of TFU box, there are green arrows on each side of where it shows the level, and we can scroll and see what the rewards are for each level. This is where I saw this info.

Thanks Heather! You're right. I hadn't noticed that, I was looking in the character overview & didn't see anything for level 7. 
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    As I mentioned above, most items (whether requested or rewarded) increase as TFU level increases, and most of the time they increase at a balanced rate. Here are the details I indicated I would put in a separate note, of the ones I feel do not match this pattern (in no specific order);

Need to harvest 24,000 almonds in level 13, but only 20,000 in level 14 (they should probably be reversed)
    Need to harvest 30,000 corn in both levels 10 & 13 (they probably meant to increase it for level 13)
    Need to harvest 26,000 dandelions in both levels 12 & 13 (they probably meant to increase it for level 13)
    Need to harvest 14,000 donkeys in both levels 8 & 11 (level 5 needs 9k donkeys, level 15 needs 20k donkeys)
    Need to harvest 12,000 lamb's lettuce in both levels 6 & 8 (level 5 needs 6, and level 11 needs 16k)

We are rewarded 5 orange theme boxes in both levels 4 & 5 (it jumps to 30 boxes in level 14 - I think it should be increased for level 5)

We are rewarded 450 seaweed feed in both levels 15 & 16 (most other things are higher rewards for higher levels, why not this one too?)

We are rewarded 80 seaweed fertilizer (SW fert) in both levels 4 & 6. This jumps to 200 SW fert rewarded in level 10, then increases in increments of 50 up to level 15 and 16 that both reward 450 SW fert. I think levels 6 & 16 should be increased to balance these out.

We are rewarded with 20 SW Greenhouse Fert in level 11, and 50 in level 13. However, they also reward us with just 50 in both levels 15 & 16. Why wouldn't these have increased like most other rewards?

We are rewarded 8 special humus in level 3, but only 6 in level 4. These should probably be reversed.

We get 12 WoF tokens rewarded in both levels 7 & 9 (with how many are rewarded in different levels, it would make more sense to reward 10 in level 7 and 14 in level 9 .... but since when is GGS logical? LOL)

Most of the new levels, the required harvest amounts jumped dramatically, making us work harder to achieve those levels (not a bad thing, just an observation). There are few though, that the huge leap is more obvious (or ludicrous); 
    70,000 cabbage needed for level 16 (up from 30,000 in level 12)
    48,000 dandelions needed for level 16 (up from 26,000 in level 13)
    24,000 honeydew needed for level 14 (up from 1,000 in level 10 .... seriously ... I hope this was a typo)
    32,000 jasmine required for level 16 (up from 16,000 in level 13)

As for the new lower required harvest amounts for the lower levels of TFU - I could be nit-picky about how most (not all) of them don't make sense, but I think this is long enough, so I'll just point out the worst one which is wheat.
    Wheat is required to collect in levels 1, 5, 9, 11 & 14.
    It used to be to collect 6k, 12k, 16k, 26k (new L-14 is 39k)
    Now Level 1 only needs to collect 600, but we still need 12,000 in level 5?  That does not look very balanced

If anyone would like to see a chart of how any item increased throughout the levels, I can show that. For simplicity, I only listed those the most obvious #s out of order.

There's enough here to make me feel cheated out of some rewards, or that the amount required to harvest is unfair. I didn't even list them all, just the most obvious. In any case, as I said before I hadn't planned to say anything about the imbalance because it's what we have come to expect from GGS - but since feedback was requested, well, I hope this is enough detailed info to send back to them, of what I 'think' of this October update. ;)

I don't know their reason for making the adjustments, but it appears or is easy to suspect that they reacted to a complaint & didn't really think through the new #s and how they would fit in with the rest of the event.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    For the last 5 runs, platinum level horse players get to choose any one of the cheapest appearances available (Rustic).  I haven't bought one of those for years.  
    I'm thinking of not participating in the next one.
    sigh
    Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.
    I still play this game most days, but I wish they would listen to us.
    My co-op went from full of excited every day players/ every month gold buyers, to people who play once or twice a month and buy no gold.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I wish they would listen to us too @GrammaLeah (US1)   !!!!!
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    But when credit is due it should be given  :D
    The (correct) 8th year anniversary gift seamlessly received in the mail this morning
    I'm pleased with it - thank you !
  • For the last 5 runs, platinum level horse players get to choose any one of the cheapest appearances available (Rustic).  I haven't bought one of those for years.  
    I'm thinking of not participating in the next one.
    sigh
    Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.
    I still play this game most days, but I wish they would listen to us.
    My co-op went from full of excited every day players/ every month gold buyers, to people who play once or twice a month and buy no gold.
    I have to agree with you on the one most important point: "... but I wish they would listen to us."
    That is the main reason our co-op has lost players, I expect those ones that know things are not going to change and make the smart move by looking for other games.
    The diehards like me stay, forever hoping that someone at GGS will get some sense and realize a game is about the PLAYERS, not whatever little silly things their programmers think would be "cute".
    So yes. like @Heather Norsk (US1) said:
    1. Fix the forum.
    2. Reverse unfavorable changes that are easy to do.
    And most importantly - 3. LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS, PLEASE.

PS: @GrammaLeah (US1) Horse event is still my favorite, simply because those little prizes we win in our gallop through the leagues are still worth it... lol.
    The problem is that so many of the little prizes have stings attached.
    You can't use them without the xp points, the xp points make you level up, and when you level up everything costs more. After a certain point, it seems to be all that leveling up does - make everything cost more.

Honestly, If there is an advantage to leveling up after say 150 or so, I wish someone would point it out. 
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253

Big Farm Anniversary
    The 10th Anniversary Decoration is for sale for about 10k gold, Why is that????,
    It seems a shame that a lot of players won't be able to get it because it is so pricey, I know I can't afford to get that as I do not have 10k gold. they should have made it free for everyone or at least more affordable in My opinion.

Pleased to notice that the Platinum horse reward has changed!
    We have a snowy decoration choice this time.
    Many thanks to the person who changed it.
    : )
    And... we're back to the Rustic choice in the horse race.
    sigh
    There are so many types to choose from.
Sign In to comment.