Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Thank You - for the event calendar

Bennet Drake (US1)Bennet Drake (US1) US1 Posts: 488
Well since there is no thread to discuss the "new" (returned) Calendar Feature: Thank you GGS for doing something players really need.
It will be extremely useful, so my co-op and I really appreciate it.

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Great .... isn't  it :smiley:

I hope you don't mind I'm going to add "for the event calendar" to the title
  • Great .... isn't  it :smiley:

I hope you don't mind I'm going to add "for the event calendar" to the title
    Of course not :smiley:
    Yes it is a great thing - farming must have an almanac... lol.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I 2nd this !  Many players have been wanting a calendar to be brought back. This is much appreciated !!!!!!

I am curious about the last line though, "Farmers League (23rd of September - 30th of September)"
    The Farmer's League is normally always running, aligned with whatever event is running, so I find it curious that it is only listed once and for only 1 week.
    I suppose we will wait & see what happens that week, I am just pointing out a curiosity ;)
  • Maybe because the 2 weeks end on the 30th they only have it showing until then?
    And the start date is when a new FL starts?
    The calendar will be published every 2nd Sunday at approximately 16:00 CEST (or winter CET) showing the next 2 weeks.

• Mat 48 (GB1)Mat 48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 312
    This I like!!!! - TY!!!
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Excellent thank you GGS :smiley:
  • ria36 (NL1)ria36 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 64
    A calender!
    The best news in years!!
    @ria36 (NL1) I merged you with the Thank You thread
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 12.09.2022

I am curious about the last line though, "Farmers League (23rd of September - 30th of September)"
    The Farmer's League is normally always running, aligned with whatever event is running, so I find it curious that it is only listed once and for only 1 week.
    I suppose we will wait & see what happens that week, I am just pointing out a curiosity ;)
    This is what I see: Farmers League (23rd of September - 4th of September) and if you look on the actual calendar it shows 4.11 meaning November 4th... 
    @Heather Norsk (US1) @IAmRoman (US1)

Well spotted

Corrected !!
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Lovely, :)
  • I did not check FB myself @RosyStarling, but someone told me the ending dates for Octoberfest were listed differently on FB and Forum. 

And yes, great news! Looks like the old Event Guessing thread can be put to bed now
    The image was always correct ... just the text underneath wrong here ... September not November
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 13.09.2022
    thanks @RosyStarling, but my curiosity is still there. ..... farmer's league is normally always running, so I don't understand why it's listed only at the end of the month and not anywhere else throughout the month .... will it no longer always be running?

and now changing the end date to November, that makes it set to run for over a month - - isn't it usually shorter than that?

my brain is still puzzled - LOL
    edited 13.09.2022
    The FL definitely has a season because you can buy a Season Pass for it to increase rewards. It  restarts almost immediately though so in practice it is always there
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • thanks @RosyStarling, but my curiosity is still there. ..... farmer's league is normally always running, so I don't understand why it's listed only at the end of the month and not anywhere else throughout the month .... will it no longer always be running?

and now changing the end date to November, that makes it set to run for over a month - - isn't it usually shorter than that?

my brain is still puzzled - LOL
    Just a few points, I, honestly, only had a quick look at the calendar, and at the above comments, so I really don't know what I'm talking about, BUT, a thought that I had, is that the FL is shown for the end part of the calendar and not the 1st part (really haven't looked at it), is that the current fl is an event that is already running when they made/published the calendar, but once it ends and then starts, then technically it's a new event :)

2nd point it shorter, the fl (as far as I am aware), usually lasts 42 days, though we have had 46-day fl's in the past (although unfortunately not for long while), and, perhaps, though this belief is kinda shaky, perhaps a 45 day-fl as well :)
  • I love the calendar!  So much better to know what is going on.  Also is there any way to move Gretta so that it comes when the Village Fair ends?  I sure hope so because most farmers want to do both and that is difficult and frustrating.
  • I love the calendar!  So much better to know what is going on.  Also is there any way to move Gretta so that it comes when the Village Fair ends?  I sure hope so because most farmers want to do both and that is difficult and frustrating.
    I don't think GGS gives a toss... lol. Just look now - VF and Oktoberfest, they certainly don't go together. Plus FHWE, Horse Event, new GDW tomorrow, it never ends. But they do it because some folks will keep spending to win everything. Fortunately most folks realize this is a game, and constantly buying bragging rights is not worth it in the end. I'd rather donate to a local pet shelter and go feed the poor.
    I don't think GGS gives a toss... lol. Just look now - VF and Oktoberfest, they certainly don't go together. Plus FHWE, Horse Event, new GDW tomorrow, it never ends. But they do it because some folks will keep spending to win everything. Fortunately most folks realize this is a game, and constantly buying bragging rights is not worth it in the end. I'd rather donate to a local pet shelter and go feed the poor.

I kind of like having a choice of which event to play and I tend to concentrate on only one or 2 things. I've been doing village fair challenges but they have been for crops that are used to make the items needed in Oktoberfest, FHWE and goldfish rescue. The rest I'm not doing, horse event, candy farm, current Tessa's, 3 weddings, etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file