Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Wheel of fortune change

RosieS (US1)RosieS (US1) US1 Posts: 2
edited 09.07.2022 in Suggestions
Am I alone in totally disliking the pig and layout of the 'new' wheel? Bring back the dapper dude. Also busier & flashier does not = better
Post edited by BugsBunny on

Comments

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Hi @RosieS (US1).

I've moved your thread to the "Suggestions & Feedbacks" section.

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    No, you are not alone. I would put money on the vast majority of players thinking it is seriously cr=p
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I can't begin to tell you how mjuch I dislike this change. (1) I loved Monty.  (2) The pig is just creepy looking, like something out of a horror film (3) The layout isn't as user-friendly. For example, people normally look toward the top of screens to view their progress, i.e., number of spins remaining. Putting them at the bottom doesn't make sense from a logical standpoint.

I know the new kids want to put their personal stamp on things, but Monty is a beloved icon. Can't you keep a few of the older versions of tried and true parts of the game and just call it "retro?"
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 11.07.2022
    I agree with all previous posts here :)
    I do wish they'd get rid of the pig and put Monty back on all wheels. And while they're at it, they can remove the little sparkles that happen when spinning and when opening all types of theme boxes. It is unnecessary and slows things down.

And, if there are new programmers that want to put their "stamp" on things like artful suggested, their "stamp" does not need to be cartoony looking characters on a game played by adults. Regardless of their age, they should cater to their audience - or is that too old-fashioned way of thinking?
    I'd also like to add, quite a few of us thought the option to skip the spinning animation was removed. It wasn't. The copy couldn't be seen. Someone tell the bright spark that black font on a dark brown background renders it practically invisible.
  • Rennae (US1)Rennae (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    The pig makes one think that this game is meant for children under 10. I know for a fact that is not the case and while Monty needed to get rid of the creepy mustache, he is an actual person. Pigs that wear clothing is for bedtime stories not adult games.

The pig doesn't need a name, he needs a species change.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    If I was forced to suggest a name for the pig it would be
    "Stupid Irritating Infantile Cartoon"
  • Mat 48 (GB1)Mat 48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 312
    If I was forced to suggest a name for the pig it would be
    "Stupid Irritating Infantile Cartoon"
    How about

Silly
    Hedonistic
    Irritating
    Tat

Which, incidentally is where pigs are happiest!
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 15.08.2022
    @Uncle John (AU1) no forcing :smiley:

But there is a contest to name the unfortunate WoF pig

the contest to win gold for naming the new WoF pig
     On twitter https://twitter.com/GoodgameBigFarm/status/1556907711517827075
     Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/ChB9hjwoH-J/
    FB https://www.facebook.com/GoodgameBigFarm/photos/a.443068832396618/5718554668181315
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Too bad I've sworn off social media - no entering that one for me, I'd love to see the entries though, especially if they're like these 2 suggestions - they made me smile :)
    edited 23.09.2022
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
Sign In to comment.